Friday October 18th 2019 - TGIF!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 18, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!

143-1436956_1333x1003px-leonid-afremov-wallpaper-leonid-afremov-farewell-to.jpg

happy2bme, Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Was awake again at 3:45, 3rd day in a row. Managed to get another half hour of sleep before wake-up at 4:50.

No gym, too much stuff to carry and didn't want wet stinky towels all weekend in the car as we are leaving around 2:00 directly from work. Got some toasts at deli below the office - nice change from the oatmeal I usually have at my desk.

Should be a busy day at the office. Posture class at 12:30.

If I Don't get back on here have a great weekend everyone!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lucie and everyone.

Lucie, I hope you have a great weekend and DD does well in the competition.

I'm so thankful it's Friday. Dr. R isn't supposed to be there this morning. He's going to make sales pitches to some nursing homes and assisted livings. Yesterday, I worked on a post card to send out to licensed therapists and nurse practitioners about work availability. I need to call an assisted living this morning to see if he can go by there.

It's supposed to be 48° tonight. We're going to DS's football team's game, so I'll bundle up. Tomorrow I need to run to Monroe and pick up some prints I had framed at Hobby Lobby. Looking forward to that! I invited DD22, DD26, and DSIL for supper Saturday night. When I talked to DDIL, she said let's just do it at their house. So, all of us together tomorrow night. I hope to talk some about Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas plans.

I hope you all have a great Friday!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Good morning!

I just checked Infinite Campus because I got an email about the Federal Survey being on there (it's not) and saw DS's grades. :eek: He has 3 F's and 2 D's, an A and a B, for 1st quarter. One he was doing great but the final is missing. o_O One just has the final and nothing else and the other he was doing okay and then bombed the final. However, he wasn't there for a lot of the quarter so I did have questions about him taking the finals. We'll have to talk to the counselor and see how that works. He said he didn't know a lot of the items on the finals and knew he didn't do well. But I don't know why he's missing a final. Ugh! So tired of this transition crap still. We've been in our house a month and a half. Granted DS didn't transition to his new school until a couple weeks after the other two did.

My mom got train tickets early this morning!! They must have added another car. So we're going to Hermann afterall! Yay! I'll have to do laundry when we get back tonight or first thing tomorrow morning so I can pack clean clothes. I need to find something for my other friend while we're there today, hopefully.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all!

Cool and rainy here. Haven't even needed the heat on yet this year...unusual. Looking at the longrange forecast, we won't be needing it until at least November.

Woke up to the sound of DD8 coughing. I'd hoped she'd be well enough to go to school today. Her fever has returned, though it's lower now but her cough seems much worse. It sounds like she's making a little wheeze or gasp in between coughs which has me wondering if it could be whooping cough. Her coughing fits are bad, but they don't seem bad enough to fit with what I've read about whooping cough, but she's been vaccinated, so I assume that would reduce her symptoms if she did manage to pick it up.

Have been hoping to get out to the store. The yarn for those boa scarves is on for $2 and I can get two scarves out of a ball. They take about 30 minutes to make so thought I'd make them up for all of DD6's little friends in dance class for Christmas. By time I can get there I think it will be all gone. I wouldn't risk taking DD8 out with me until I'm sure it's not whooping cough because I wouldn't want to expose anyone, and I know how dangerous it can be for babies.

Have a great day all....only 68 until the big day!

Luludou - Love the picture
    MrsSoup - Sorry your son is having such a hard time transitioning to his new school. Policies here make all work optional. They aren't allowed to give kids a failing grade and they have to give full credit for assignments that are done, even if they're due in September and not passed in until June.
    missjane - Have fun planning your holidays!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone!

I will be picking up MJ in about an hour. We will go eat and then to Dollar General. I have to get gas! On a burp and fumes!

Last night I did not sleep well. Fell asleep watching the Astros and Yankees. Hope the Astros won. They were when I fell asleep. I sure hope they whup the Yanks. Cannot stand them....the Yanks, I mean.

Put my laundry away last night. Pulled my summer t-shirts out, and have them in a big IKEA bag. Then, I was gonna get my winter stuff out, and put summer away, but was too darned tired. Dang I have a lot of t-shirts!

Well, I had better get dressed, and brush my teeth and take my meds.it is only gonna get to 62* today. But the weekend will be in the lower 70s. I hope to finish my metal thingie and get it hung.

FS, I sure hope dd8 gets to feeling better very soon.
    Jess, have fun on the train trip.
    Jane, it will be good to have all your family together for the holidays! I like to plan ahead of time.
    Lucie, behave yourself, because I know what stinker YOU can be!

Hope you all have a wonderful day! Be safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. feel much better going to my grandsons fall festival tonite at school. really chilly this morning it was 48 at 4,30 have agood night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Hello. Windy and chilly today, blue skies and bright sunshine. I'm sitting with neighbor - she is sleeping.

Great grandbaby # 3 is on his way. His mama was induced late last night, but dggs isn't in a hurry to say hello. Doc estimated his weight at 8 1/2 lbs last week, so it's probably time.

I'm anticipating a nice, calm day today. I'll finish up a crochet project and continue working on another, and I hope to read a few pages in my novel and watch Harry Potter #3. Gymnastics & swim later today. Swim meet tomorrow & Sunday - I think this is the last before State. This meet will tell if dgs competes at State. With his birthday tomorrow he has to qualify at his higher age.

Have a nice day!

9. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Happy Friday!!

Today was my half day to work, got out on time and have been home for a couple of hours now. I ate lunch, did the dishes and went outside to play with Ruby. The winds are strong, almost all of my neighbors leaves have blown out of my yard!

I took the turkey out of the freezer to thaw, we are having our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow because K doesn't have to work. She wrote one of her midterm exams after class and is on her way home. I am making a grocery list and we will head to the city after she gets home.

Later.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning. Saturday here and it is chilly where we are. There will be another day of wind and rain.we are heading west today and will be in the state South Australia for the morning before heading back to Victoria this afternoon. Will be looking at a sinkhole and some caves today. I am not such a fan of caves but DH is so we will see
    Better get moving. DH is wanting to pack the car

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening.

Been a busy day, and I am paying for it. Back is really bothering me, but it will get better. I took the rest of my summer clothes out of the closet. They are on my bed right now. I need to get the totes out to get my winter things out of them and put the summer ones away.

I wanted to sew, but did not have time. Hopefully tomorrow. I got the gift bag and card today. I still have not made the wash cloths yet. Want to do those, and a receiving blanket or two.

My kitchen is cleaned up. I have Sunday dinner planned. I need to get the metal thingie painted, too.

Well, I need to get busy. The baseball game will be on soon. I hope to get up early and get started on my day! Have a great evening. Sleep well, my friends.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Sleep well Pam

Ahorsesoul likes this.