Friday - september 28 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Sep 28, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning everyone! :)
    A cool 7C here this morning and a bit gray

2. luludou

Gym this morning.

DH said he would try to finish a wee bit earlier tonight so we can have some time to go see some vaccums - I think we'll be getting central again ... the other one lasted a long time.

Nothing much planned today other than work. Have a great one.

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

The dreaded news came - Sophia's car has been declared a total loss. However, there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - we can take the car back and fix it ourselves and still get a little money from the claim. Vic has decided he is going to fix it when he is in Washington next week so stay tuned for the update! He has already ordered the part to take with him.

Went to a comedy show last night which was fun. There is a non-profit organization that does comedy workshops for veterans - yet another form of therapy out there - and our friend took the workshop and was performing last night. She was pretty funny. Tonight we're off to another comedy show - I bought tickets for Vic's birthday for his favorite comedian. A few laughs is just what we need right now.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning all!! I am finally back here. It has been a rough week. I got a relapse of my flu. My fever finally broke. I am crawling back from that exhaustion. I barely got out of bed and on my feet when my hip socket went wonky. I was born with a goofy hip so I expect this every once in a while. Usually it is gone in 24 hours but we are going on 48 hours. This never happens. Something must be horribly hung up. Staying on the Advil and may have to break out the cane.... oh, I hate that old lady cane. I am going to ask hubby to buy me a more trendy cane when he gets home.

It took me almost 2 hours but my house is almost picked up and dust. Haven't vacuumed yet or cleaned the hall bathroom. This is going to be a long day....

Found out last night that a good online friend died. She was one of my "health life lines"... now she is gone. She got advanced cancer on top of her Cystic Fibrosis. She went quickly.

Well... that is my crazy life.

Hope everyone has a good day. I am going to try to do the same.

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Rainy and chilly today! Should be better tomorrow.

Truthfully, I was riveted to the TV all day yesterday and I am again this morning....

Anyhow - I've moved some boxes around and will try to do some more neatening today. Also perhaps make some chicken soup from a turkey carcass I have in the freezer. Laundry is a constant.

Carrie - please take it easy!
    Jess - how is Addison doing today
    Diedra - glad DD is enjoying her new equipment
    Lucie - hope that you can relax after work
    Pamela - Hope that Vic can salvage the car - how talented!

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

I am being lazy this morning....again. I just have no energy whatsoever. It seems weird not to have that stimulator taped to my back.

I really don't have any plans today. I guess it will depend on my mood.

Carrie, do take care.
    Pamela, hope the car situation will work out.
    Lucie, my favorite little stinker, good luck with vacuum search.
    Debbie, I bet your chicken soup will be fabulous.

TTYL! Don't forget to do something special for yourself today!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Addison is good this morning, heading to school. I will drive her since she is not to do any physical activity. She did have a headache last night after we got home from dinner, so i'm a bit worried that she will get another at school. I told her if she does to go to the nurse and tell her she has a concussion and it's her first day back at school. Eli is supposed to have a cross country meet this morning but the weather isn't looking great. I'm wondering if they will cancel it. I hope the weather holds out and they won't. The kids will be super bummed. I have an appointment at 1 to renew the kids registrations with CYS and sign DS up for Drivers Ed. I hope the class isn't already full.

Enjoy your day!

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    A sunny, bright day here. I have had a little lie in and am about to deep clean my bathroom. Fun times for sure.
    DH, DD and I went for dinner last night and then did a little shopping in Target. Got DD and BF some towels so my first gift for him. DD has said that his family are not big on presents and to not give him too much as it will overwhelm him.......Poor boy, he has not met crazy like CHRISTMAS CRAZY. He will learn lol.

Better get the steamer going and head for the bathroom,
    Have a great day all.

Lana likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Eli's cross country meet was cancelled with no reschedule date as of now. I'm sure all the kids were pretty bummed about it when they found out. They sent out a mass phone call to the parents to let us know. It rained most of the morning and some of the afternoon so far. I sold DD's American Girl Dolls finally and then didn't do much the rest of the morning. I got the kids reregistered and DS signed up for drivers ed. I just put a roast in the oven for dinner. Here shortly i'll head to the middle school to pick up the girls. I've had a headache all day. I just took two more ibuprofen and hope they kick in.

10. luludou

We bought the vaccum, dh is installing it right now :) Then we stopped for McD's and then a small grocery stop.

Writing down my to-do list for the weekend.

11. sweetpumkinpye

Lucie, to do lists are how I live my life.
    Just added some things to my ebay cart, planner stickers and the like. DH can put them away for Christmas for me.
    Halfway through cleaning my bathroom, will stop soon for lunch.

12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Allen was in total shock I think the first Christmas he had with my family. Of course it was my baby sisters 1st Christmas (we are 17 1/2 yrs. apart) so with all the grandparents, 2 older sisters and parents plus we always got alot too.

13. sweetpumkinpye

Lana, same as DH's first Christmas at our house. He was amazed at how a loving family celebrated Christmas. So much laughter and joy.
    Over the years he has become use to it all and now is an amazing Christmas dad.

Bathroom is done, another room ticked off the list.