Friyay! 1.12.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Jan 12, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

2. teachermomof2

It's Friday! YAY! I made it through the first 5 day week in awhile!:p I am hoping that my special is not cancelled today, he told me he would be there today, and I get a much needed afternoon break.

Instead of cooking dinner last night, M and I went to see The Greatest Showman. It was a spectacular musical. I was so impressed with Hugh Jackman. Such talent. We got home and I got into jammies and read and watched tv in bed. I started watching the Tonya Harding Truth and Lies special, but feel asleep. She is something else.

We are under another winter weather advisory for mixed precipitation and snow from 7pm tonight until tomorrow afternoon. Ugh.

Lana...how are Allen and Teigan today?

Have a good day!
    ~peace~

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

I have heard nothing but great reviews for The Greatest Showman. Glad you enjoyed it, Lisa. Vic took his truck to work since I have a manicure/pedicure appointment this morning. My nails made it through the holiday season and now they all need to be evened up and the acrylic removed from the two broken ones so I can begin the process of getting them all the same length again. They grow pretty quickly.

Not much else on the agenda. Making a grocery list for tomorrow. I'm still in a little discomfort - lower abdominal ache, not really gas, don't feel bloated, so I'm not sure if it's usual or not. If it doesn't feel significantly better by Monday, I'll call and see if I need an appointment.

The new Whole 30 Fast and Easy cookbook arrived yesterday - some great recipes in there. Wish I could like cauliflower rice, I love cauliflower but don't just care for the riced version. Maybe I could try to make it more like fried rice with all the seasonings and extras and that would be better.

Have a great weekend!

4. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Just hanging out here and enjoying the Summer holidays. Lots of time at the beach and our pool is filled with kids pretty much every afternoon. Im loving it!

Luke and I had a fight tonight- typical teen drama! We have Netflix and he mentioned that he found a new movie that he thought he would watch- he was planing on watching it on his laptop. I said, "Sounds good, I will watch it too- please put it on the tv so we can both watch it." Sounds reasonable to me?

Apparently not to him! After a nasty exchange and a few huffs and puffs from Luke. We now have a new Netflix password that he does NOT know so unfortunately for him he cant access it. Netflix is a privilege NOT a right and I pay for it! It just seemed really antisocial for us to both be watching the same movie, in the same room, at almost the same time, with him on his laptop and me using the tv.

He is usually so sunny and agreeable that occasionally when this kind of stuff happens It really upsets me. An hour later he was still trying to justify it!

Just swim and beach tomorrow.

Have a great day all.

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH and I went for a ride yesterday evening. The waves were good, but supposed to be crazy tomorrow. Today is the start of a 4 day weekend for DH for MLK day. I'm not sure what we're going to do today. I mentioned hanging on the beach but I just want to get some sun and read. haha I prefer North Shore and the waves are too high to swim, so if he's wanting to actually get into the water then the beach is probably out. The box jellyfish are on the south beaches and the west is just as high as the north. The east is too far with traffic, to me anyway. We could go do some shopping and go to lunch. We'll see.

DD has girl scouts tonight and tomorrow afternoon/evening. They keep tacking extra stuff on, it's getting annoying. She was just there on Tuesday evening too.

Lisa- Here's hoping for your afternoon break! We started watching it too but I also fell asleep, not sure if DH continued watching it but I think he recorded it as well. I could really care less, she is definitely something else.
    Pamela- Do share if you find any great recipes you like! Have you heard anything else about your paperwork and you going to Okinawa?
    Tanya- What was the movie? I agree, that's ridiculous to be watching the same movie on different devices. Teens! haha

Enjoy your day!

6. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

teachermomof2 - glad you made it 5 days and I've heard great things about that movie, but I have not seen it yet.

PamelaG - I have done some whole30's in the last 5 years. Yummy recipes and some, I still use! Yes, try using different spices for the riced cauliflower. I like it. But maybe some have sensory issues. DH doesn't eat rice ... it's a sensory issue.

Tanya - I'm sorry. But I get it ... I have DS14 around here and sometimes ... :confused::eek:o_O

MrsSoup - I hope you find a nice quiet beach area somewhere.

DS14 is with the algebra tutor now. He didn't end up getting up by 8 and showering so we could go to Aldi's together. Last night, he said he wanted to. He likes to go and pick out snacks (healthy ones that mom approves of ... LOL). But his avoiding OCD issues just didn't get him up and going and so ... I went by myself. He did eat and shower around 11 am, but it was an hour! Sigh ...
    He said he was frustrated at himself for not getting up and didn't limit as well as he could have so that it didn't take so long. Poor kid .... :(

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    A VERY foggy day, above average temperatures with lots of rain. Thought roads weren't so bad this morning but last turn I took the truck just wouldn't turn... it did at the last minute, phew! I was shaking when I finally regained control, at least I wasn't going fast but ... it was close! almost hit the guardrail.

Did gym this morning and been emptying some work stations this morning (lots of people absent for long periods)... or course... no help. Got me p.o'd! ah well it is what it is... at least it's done. did 5 work stations.

Still foggy this afternoon even more so than this morning. hoping it'll go away before I leave. Need to do groceries tonight, don't know if it'll be me or dh, he finds the ride home very long from his new job. He does like the job though. Tomorrow is a snowstorm for us which is why everyone will pick up the groceries tonight.

DD gets to see her doctor today for results, crossing my fingers.

Lana - nothing planned for Florida. We want to go see my uncle who is there for a few months, do some beach. I'd like to go visit somewhere with crocodiles and maybe monkey or parrot jungle. Already went there 30 years ago, so we'll see.

8. MrsSoup

Possible change of plans, DH took DS to school on the bike. Before they left, a guy from work that DH rides with often texted and asked if we were going on a ride today. I told DH if he wanted to, we could, it's a beautiful day and I enjoy riding. So we may end up doing that instead. We'll see when he gets back. :)

jampss- Sorry DS couldn't go to Aldi's, but I think it's a plus that he recognizes that he didn't limit his behaviors timewise so he didn't get to go.
    Lucie- Be careful! I'm hoping for the best news possible for DD, will be waiting to hear.

9. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. DSIL and kids arrived home late last night. By the time everyone settled down in bed it was 1:30 am. DD left for work shortly after. We are off to a late start today. DSIL is doing laundry while kids are cleaning bedrooms.

DGD has a gymnastics competition tomorrow. After being away for 2 weeks, she needs a lot of practice today. No time for play. Fortunately she has a beam and kip bar here at home, and she has gym time this evening. Everyone will understand if she doesn't score high.

I plan to work in the bedroom today. Bought some wire storage cube panels to fashion wall units, so after I get those put together and anchored to the wall I can organize. Yay!

Have a great day everyone.

10. teachermomof2

The work week is over! Yay! I had my special....woo hoo! :p It was so nice to have 5 minutes to myself during the school day. I stayed after school with my bff and we walked the building to get some more steps in today. I've done that twice this week. Every little bit helps.

Lana...it's very foggy here. All the snow melted due to the temps in the high 50s and rain, so it's pretty bad with all the moisture in the air.

Lucie....any news on dd? Thinking of you both!

Deb...I use those cubes in my classroom. I love them.

Tanya...summer holidays sound fabulous. Counting down the days until June! I understand the teenage issues....believe me. Miss M can be quite moody and disagreeable.

Jess...hope you enjoyed your day....whatever you decided to do.

I'm waiting for M and J to get home. Then we will decide on what we want for dinner....fish fry, pizza or Chinese.

Have a great evening....I'm going to work on my grocery list and menu plan for the next 2 weeks.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Saturday here and it is windy and cool. A great day for finishing the kitchen. I think I have 5 cupboards left to clean including the plastics cupboard.
    I HATE THAT CUPBOARD.
    Need to sit down at some stage and fill in applications for my team to enter Nationals. We have qualified for the 2nd time in our two years so I am proud of that as a coach. We have about 3 months until we leave so a lot of work to do.
    Better get this day started, I feel that I may be prone to procrastination todayo_O

12. MrsSoup

Lisa- So glad you got your special this afternoon! And good for you staying after to walk the school and get steps!
    Deb- Good luck to your DGD!
    Katrina- Congrats to your team!

DH and I have been on the bike all day! We went to Pearl Harbor to go to a store I have been wanting to visit and it was closed. :( Apparently they won't be back open until the 18th from the holidays, their FB page didn't say anything about it. Oh well, we saw several ships in port and one had sailors on it in their white uniforms with lei's on so i'm wondering if they just came into port. It was pretty cool to see. Now we're back just in time to take a break and then go pick up Eli. The guy from work never texted back so we just went by ourselves.

Not sure if me or DH is going to get Eli so I better find out and I need to get some water to drink, i'm parched!

13. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Afternoon ladies.
    Work is picking up. that can be good for money however I am not used to it and I feel I am falling behind. It will be ok though.
    DS13 is having headaches so the neurologist scheduled a MRI. He has some anxiety so we didn't go into it much before we got there and he freaked and woulld not do it. We are going to reschdule with a possible medicine to him him relax or something. We have a counceling apt next week so maybe they can talk abuot it? it depends on the apt, this is a first with her.

I am trying to decide if I am coing down with something. I will feel ok then be cold and achy in my joints and tired. Drinking water so that means I have to pee a lot, ugh. 3 day weekend so that will be nice.

Thinking of all of you. Those will more cold and snow stay warm and safe.

14. piratemamaof3boys

[QUOTE="MrsSoup, post: 287645, member: 1156"

DH and I have been on the bike all day! We went to Pearl Harbor to go to a store I have been wanting to visit and it was closed. :( Apparently they won't be back open until the 18th from the holidays, their FB page didn't say anything about it. [/QUOTE]

DH and I used to ride on his bike, i really enjoyed it much more than driving my own bike.

15. MrsSoup

I plan to get my license and my own bike, but I will admit that i've been dragging my feet on scheduling my class. I think i'm a little nervous about doing it. I do want to but I know that finding a bike that will fit me is going to be an issue since i'm so short. I do like to ride and enjoy the scenery too. hehe

16. sweetpumkinpye

Thanks Jess, I am pretty excited about Nationals.

Am procrastinating, I have 3 more cupboards to go and of course they are the hardest ones, should have started with them.
    Have washing in the machine that I should hang out but it is raining on and off. I suppose I will pop it in the dryer.
    We have the aircon on because the rain is making it muggy, a funny day.
    Back to the kitchen.

17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. It's been a busy week, so have been reading, but not posting the past few nights. We have a three day weekend, and I'm thankful. Although, it's busy and full, too! :eek: DS and DDIL are on a cruise, so we're "tag teaming" taking care of DGS#2 with DDIL's mom and dad. She's staying at their house because he will only sleep there, not at her house our ours. We took him out for pizza tonight, and we will pick him up sometime in the morning and take him to the movies in Monroe so DDIL's mom can go clean their church. He'll decide if he's going to church with us or her on Sunday. DD25 wants me to help her clean her house and get it order Monday, because she will start nursing school on Wednesday.

Lana, I hope Allen and Teigan get well quickly. Praying for all of them and Aunt Im.
    Lisa, all I can say is UGH!!! and I'm not surprised about what all you're dealing with in your classroom. Sounds very much about what our elementary teachers here deal with, too. Glad you had your special today, though. See if you can get some rest this weekend.
    Jampss, it must be disappointing to DS when he can't make himself control his compulsions. Praying for him and you.
    Katrina, I hope the injections help your shoulder. Good luck and congratulations on competitions.
    GrammaDeb, it will take a few days for everyone to get back on a routine and rested. Good luck to DGD.
    Jess, you'll eventually get the courage to get your license!
    Shannon, I hope you find a solution to DS's situation so he can get the MRI done.
    Lucie, too bad DH is having a longer drive, but glad he's liking the new job. Hope you enjoy the Florida trip.
    Tanya, hang in there and stick to your guns. He's at the age where he is going to test your authority and "stick with itness." You just have to be tougher than they are! He forgets he lives with an educator who is very proficient at doing that, doesn't he?:D:)

I'm off to bed. See you all tomorrow! Lord willing...

18. sweetpumkinpye

Night MissJane,

Finished the last cupboard. Did not throw too much away actually, it was all just reorganisng and tidying. Will need to do the pantry but that can wait until tomorrow, I have done enough today.
    DD has gone to the baseball to see the local team "Cavalry" play. Hope it stays fine and does not rain. DH and DS are both having naps, it is a nappng sort of day.
    Hope that you all have a great night.
    xoxo

19. piratemamaof3boys

The liscense class wasn't too bad. DH's first bike was a smaller one so it fit me fine as I am also short. I was ok riding around and we took a few decent rides together but it was more relaxing for me to sit w/ him.