FriYAY! 5.4.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, May 4, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Happy Friday!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It looks like another warm day....high of 80! Last week it was snowing! We may have some storms today, but I'm hoping that isn't until after school.

We were split again yesterday....what a day! I'm hoping everyone on my team shows. Today is closed for Personal Days, so that means that tons of people will be out. It's therapy dog day and dance-a-thon today. I'm not sure how much learning we will accomplish today.

I posted about the show America: Inside Out, on yesterday's thread. Here's my post: Our town is on America Inside Out on National Geographic, Johnstown, Pa., part of the "White Anxiety" episode. Its available On Demand. One of my former students, a great kid, Tyler is featured, as well as my current superintendent. The neighborhood I grew up in is also shown, (the drug user). It made me pretty sad. This is the town I teach in, and live just outside of.....it may give you an idea of the area. My dad was employed by the steel mill mentioned, as were my uncles, and grandfather before them. Lots of emotions after watching it last night. I'm so proud of Tyler. He is a great kid. The funniest part was that the superintendent is leaving us at the end of May to take a job in another county, at a school district in a university town. So much for believing in our town and sticking around, huh?

Jane....I hope all the repairs are covered on the car with some change to spare. ;)
    Yay for you Pamela!
    Jess...hope you aren't near the Hawaii volcano....

Have a great day!
    ~peace and blessings~

3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Morning, everyone. Thank goodness for Friday!

We still have testing going on at school, so classes are crazy....some classes with only 2 or 3 students and others with about half the students out. It will be almost 2 weeks of it by the time it's over. Do you teach or do you not?! That is the question.

Both DGSs had baseball games last night...one at 6:30, the other at 7:00, but the fields were right next to each other, so we were able to walk just a few feet and see each one when they were playing. We ate hamburgers at the ballgame...so good.

Lisa, hope you have a good day, despite all the craziness going on.
    Jess, I saw where the volcano did erupt. Hope all is well.

Have a great Friday, everyone!

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good morning, I'm certainly cheering that it's FriYAY!

Waiting for the maintenance man to come and explain the thermostat. Just couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to do yesterday - of course there's no manual in this electronic age and I'm just not in the mood to go Googling for the answer. I hope he gets here early so I can go and get the car washed and run by the store before I go pick up Vic at the airport. It's a quick visit home for him...here today, gone tomorrow, literally.

The gardener is coming today, thank goodness because the yard looks like a jungle. With Vic's crazy schedule, we allocated a little of his travel pay to pay the gardener. That way, he doesn't have to worry about yard work when he's home.

I'm off to finish washing the cold drink dispensers from yesterday and put the last of the supplies away to return them to our 1st VP who keeps them on hand during the year.

Have a great weekend!

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Partly sunny but still warm - still a taste of a NYC summer.

DH went for an early haircut so I am up early with Buffy. It's going to be a loooong day. I'm going into Manhattan to meet DS for lunch and then to DDIL's hair stylist to see what can be done with my hair - I'm tired of coloring it. Hope that things go well. Then it's off to a Mets game hoping that they do better than they die on Tuesday. Will be meeting DH there.

Lisa - hope the school day goes well
    Pamela - hope you get the thermostat figured out
    Jess - we were on the Big Island the last time the volcano was spewing lava and we stayed at the cabins in the National Park. Sorry to hear that evacuations were needed this time
    Jane - glad you were able to make both games
    Lucie - maybe you and your cw's need a sit down with your boss
    Pam - where did you and MJ "do" lunch?

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Happy Aloha Friday!

Thank you for your concern! We are on Oahu and the volcano is on the Big Island (Hawaii island). So we are perfectly safe. It is getting bigger for them though and there are now two eruption points in residential neighborhoods. One had stopped spewing last night, only to start spewing again several hours later and a new fissure has opened up in another location. We are supposed to go to that area on June 1st for 4 days with the Girl Scouts. They are still having frequent earthquakes and aftershocks so this definitely isn't over for them yet.

DS has his kidney ultrasound later this morning. I have some prescriptions to pick up and then this evening Eli has a birthday party to attend and DD has Girl Scouts. The parts came in for DH's bike so he fixed it last night and we went for a ride after dinner. We stopped at the Shoppette on post on the way home and he shut it off and it wouldn't start again. :rolleyes: So we walked home and got the car and the tool needed to take the seat off so we could jump it. If he hadn't of needed that tool we could have just asked someone to jump the bike at the Shoppette. I told him he should probably carry it with him since it's just a tiny allen wrench.

I did make a wacky cake last night but we haven't eaten any yet. I think I might let the kids each have a piece this morning. With the bike debacle we got home too late. I haven't frosted it, wanted to wait and see if it needs it first.

Lisa- I will try to watch it this weekend! Today sounds like a hot mess of crazy with all that going on, although I do think therapy dogs would be pretty neat.
    Jane- How did the games go? Did they both win?
    Pamela- Sorry the visit is so quick for Vic.
    Debbie- Have fun at the game! The volcano itself is behaving normally, unfortunately the eruptions are happening by fissures opening up in the ground in residential neighborhoods nearby. :(

Enjoy your day!

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! slept pretty well last night. did gym, replaced cw in yoga class at noon (had brought in my knitting but will do it at home). still busy... but secretary is back... and won't you know it... giver her an inch and she takes a foot. sorry I was HELPING out... not doing your job forever! pfffff have to see team boss after dinner about this.

Will pick up groceries on the way home and then it's rest & relax!

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. its 88 so its quite warm . i bought a new umbrella for the deck. got green this time hope it doesnt fade so much. ive had red red striped purple thur the years all faded so much. i got sunscreen new paper products for cookouts. have a good evening

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Took DS to his ultrasound appointment. Then we grabbed lunch and headed home. On the way home an emergency alert came over the radio about an earthquake but informing us that there was no tsunami risk. When we got home I got online while eating my lunch and supposedly it was felt here on our island. We didn't feel anything, we were in the car but i'm not sure if that matters. The person that reported feeling something was down in Honolulu, which makes sense since that is the side of the island closest to Big Island.

After I get the kids I have to take Eli to get a birthday present for the party this evening and get some change so I can pay GS dues and for the Silver Award pin, patch and certificate. You would think monthly dues would cover it but apparently not.

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all,
    Saturday here. I am off to work for a short while this morning to interview applicant 3. Interviewed 2 last night. First one showed up 5 minutes late, complained about the traffic and spoke about herself the whole interview. really didn't answer ant questions fully. Second one 10 minutes early, lovely to chat with and seems very suited to the job even though she has not done this sort of work before. Will be interesting to see what 3 is like.

After work will go to my mums to do a bit of baking that was postponed from Thursday, then home. Tomorrow will be full on housework before going to work again on Monday. Probably another 3 weeks of extra shifts.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers.

Wed: The phone transfer went well so far. Sometimes you do not realize something didn't transfer until much later. I think LC1 is happy with the new phone but the screen is a little smaller.

Thurs: I was up early to see that the neighbor had her garage sale open before 7a.m. with many customers. So Dh decided to open his early too. Nothing was priced so it was price as it went out the door to the garage. lol He did really well. It was an all day event lasting into the early night. One great customer was an younger person (maybe 17 to 20 yrs old). We had an old Nintendo with a case. We had it marked for $1.50 but he said he'd give us $5 for it. So he talked up the price. So both of them were blessed.

Fri. Again we were up early to open the sale. Didn't have a whole lot left from Thursday's sale. I started pulling out boxes from the storage area. Had a hope chest and a lot of this and that items. The hope chest has not sold. One older gentleman said he had built some hope chests and we should price it higher. He said the one we have is a top of the line one. It's a plain made of birds eye maple. The top does have some scratches. I can trace it back for 76 years on my uncle's first wife's family. So instead of $50 we put $150 and a make an offer sticker. I just would like to see someone who wants one come along. I have enjoyed it. Dh called it quits at 6:30 tonight. He's doing it again for a while tomorrow. I'm bushed. lol

LC22 came this evening to work. She left her work at 3:15 and didn't get here until after 5pm. There was a 5 car accident that slowed her down. So tomorrow I have help which will be very nice.

I'll have to take something for my back. Our storage area is only about 4 feet high so it kills my back to be under there getting out boxes and moving things around.

Wishing all a good safe night.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  12. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Jess, both of their teams are undefeated at this time!

MrsSoup likes this.