Frosty February 1, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ahorsesoul, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I figured frosty could cover everyone. Those of us attempting to stay warm with the unusual cold or those with the heat who need a frosty drink.

Nothing on the calendar for today. I will need to start getting ready for an appointment I have at Mayo next week. Getting my heartburn checked. I’ll go down the night before to stay since it’s a 7:30 appointment time.

missjane likes this.
  3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

Mother Nature had the AUDACITY to dump 5 inches of snow on us last night. Can you believe the nerve of her? At least the weekend will be warm.

I must go to the bank today, if at all possible. It is payday, but I will wait a bit. I need to shower first. And get dressed and give the street department time to do their work.

Stephen has tendinitis in his foot, and will be off it for 4 days. So he won't be coming up this weekend. Of course, I am disappointed. But it can't be helped. He doesn't handle pain too well. But I have had it, too, in my left knee. Very painful indeed.

Had another lousy night of sleeping. I didn't have much caffeine, either, yesterday. What does a girl have to do to get a decent night's sleep? Is it too much to ask?

Yesterday afternoon I went out and started my car. Good old Sadie! That new battery is just what she needed! Hmmm, I wonder how many human years equals one car year? She is 17 years old in human years. She is a good girl, but is beginning to get tired. Just like her mama...that would be me.

Diedra, glad you will spend the night for your Mayo appt.

GET OUT OF BED, SLEEPYHEADS. Just stay safe and be blessed!

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I see the sun! It was raining earlier and they are forecasting more for the weekend, but right now, I see the sun shining through the front window so I will enjoy it! I have nothing on my schedule for today so I will chain myself to my desk and do more math and maybe take a break from that to read some of my actual class since my term officially started today and now I NEED to work on that as well. I do need to run out this afternoon and pick up my refill prescription.

DS trained some last night at Wendy's and then went to Walmart and had to buy pants and non-skid shoes. I transferred money to his account for those items. He will go in for more training today so I need to call and cancel his physical therapy until we know his work schedule and then we can call and reschedule. I don't want to reschedule it and then have to cancel it again. Hopefully he'll get some type of schedule tonight. He said that if he completed the online tutorials he automatically gets a raise already, so he was going to do them last night when he got home. They are going to start him on fries and Frosty's. Yum!

Diedra- Love it, a frosty drink. haha
    Pam- Have you ever tried melatonin? Sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't.

Enjoy your day!

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. chilly snow showers out. went to fresh market got some strawberry bread and banana nut bread. chicken salad with grapes and almonds going to watch my show tonite fell asleep last nite how to getaway with murder saty warm

6. Lori K

Lori K Member

Thought I'd check in and let everyone know that I'm alive! We got down to -24 (actual) on Weds. and again early Thurs., with wind chils in the -40s. They had us work from home on Weds. and Thurs. I survived! I had good friends check on their cottage on Sunday, with the intent of raising the thermostat from 55 to 65, prior to the cold snap, but it was too late. Their furnace had gone out some time since New Years and they had frozen pipes. And, yesterday morning, a young family member woke up to a non-working furnace -- and she has a newborn (7 days old) at home. So, she bundled baby up and came and spent the day with me. Her hubby stayed home to wait for the furnace repairman. They were able to do a temporary fix, but will need to get a new furnace installed fairly soon. They just bought the house last summer and this is the second major fix they've had to cover. But, for me, what a gift to work from home and look over at that tiny little face!!!! Overnight we got another couple of inches of snow and this morning we began the "big warm up." At 6:30 AM, 7 degrees felt like a heat wave!!!! And, by Monday, we'll be above 50! Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all. It is so interesting to read about the Polar vortex that you are experiencing. I just for the life of me cannot imaging those temperatures. It gets cold here in my little town but the coldest here that I can remember is -9c.
    Saturday here and I have a lot to do as I am away tomorrow at a DrillDance comp. This one is close to our town, about a 3 hour drive. We will meet at the highway at 5am and travel down together and should be home by about 6 tomorrow night. I want to make sure that everything is done for work on Monday in case I am too tired tomorrow night.
    Better keep moving, will speak to you all soon
    take care

8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Evening, we had sun and got to 49 today. Should get to 50s and 60s and then start going down again like Wed or Thurs they say.

Jaymee, Teigan, mom and I went down to the house to look around. Some lights up and the cabinets done with the knobs on them. Getting done.

I am going to go work on check book, shower and clean. I took SEVERAL books back to the library when I got off (early 3:40) and got Teigan 6 or 7 more. I have several on order again.

Off this week-end with LOTS to do so not sure what will or won't get done.

Hope all have a GREAT week-end.

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I did some math this morning, spoke with my friend and some laundry. DH came home at lunch for the day, apparently it was payday activities today since it's the first of the month. We watched Unbreakable, an older movie, because we're going to watch Glass this evening at the theater and we've seen Split. DH had already seen Unbreakable a long time ago but I hadn't. It was pretty good and i'm looking forward to seeing this one.

DH is going to go run and i'm going to do some more math I think.

Faye- Both of those breads sound good!
    Lori- Glad you're still with us! :) Stinks they'll have to replace the furnace, but glad that you could provide some respite for that sweet baby!
    Katrina- Good luck with drilldance!
    Lana- How long before the house is done?

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Thanks Jess,
    Had a great day, a nice mix between relaxing and getting stuff done. Did some knitting and caught up on some recorded shows. All the house work is done so happy with that.
    Shower and bed for me, I am getting picked up at 4am so better get to bed.
    Much love,

11. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Lori, what a blessing that they had a family member (YOU) close enough and gracious enough to invite them to stay for free without the extra monetary burden of having to stay at a hotel.

Lori K likes this.