Fun Friday September 14th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

I took today off for Grandparents Day. Will take Teigan to eat somewhere. They get out about 11:30.

I have dress clothes in washer.

Hope to pick up alittle before going and then cleaning later.

Yesterday the heat and humidity started creeping back up.

Have a GREAT everybody!

Jane your fall garden sounds nice.

Lucie, hope DD starts feeling better.

Pam, Jess and HW2 stay safe!

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

No wind, no rain, just looks like a normal day out there for us. The rain is coming, just not sure when or how much but nothing near what we first expected. Praying for North Carolina, it's a mess down there.

3. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Morning, Peeps!

Still haven't heard anything about my car. I am nervous about it. Please, God, make it inexpensive!

Don't have any big plans today. Maybe work some more around here. If I get my car back, I will take stuff to the thrift store. More stuff out of the house! This is such a good thing! Finally! My back seat is loaded.

Looks like Steve and Mel are going to try again. I wish they would pee or get off the pot! It was about this time last year that they split. Steve said she hadn't slept in about 4 days, and he hasn't in over 36 hours. Their doc needs to help them figure this out!

On that happy note, I bid you good day! Prayers for those in the midst of the storm!

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I have a headache this morning, probably sinus so i'll take a Sudafed. Eli wanted to make scrambled eggs this morning so I helped him a tiny bit and let him do it. I don't have much going on today. There is a "family" event for Stroller Warriors but since all my kids are in school i'm not sure that i'll go. It's a picnic at a playground. I need to do some schoolwork now that i've had my meeting with my instructor and that really needs to be my focus so I can get this class finished. I'm about a week behind where I want to be so that takes priority.

DD has girl scouts tonight and the parents are invited to stay because they are going to be making the girls talk about their differences or something. It will be interesting for sure and DD doesn't want to participate because from what she's heard from the leaders daughter, they are going to make them say what they don't like about each other. Not a very positive way to approach differences and bring them together if you ask me. I think it's only going to single the one girl out and make her feel even more of an outcast. Why not have them say what they like about each other? So i'm going to sit there and support DD and if she says she doesn't want to take part in bashing other people then I will have her back 100%. Seems really counterproductive to me. We'll see what actually happens.

Lana- Enjoy Grandparents Day! I remember doing that in elementary school. It's hit or miss whether the schools my kids have gone to have done it. I guess it depended on whether they were on base or off base schools. On base schools definitely didn't do it because military kids don't usually live by their grandparents. Off base schools usually did because most people that attended were local and had family nearby. We could attend as parents in lieu of grandparents.
    Pamela- Glad you guys won't get the brunt.
    Pam- Hope the car is good news.

Enjoy your day!

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! It's still cloudy but supposed to see the sun tomorrow. Maybe get the remnants of Florence Monday or Tuesday.

Did some scrapping yesterday and then we went to the baseball game. We saw the walk off HR for the first game and then the second was won too. DS and his friend met us at the game but it was hard to talk. Very sad to hear that Met 3rd baseman David Wright is unable to come back to baseball but DH and I got tickets to his last game on Sept. 29. It's a tough thing for New Yorkers.

DH just found a leak from our upstairs bathroom into our downstairs guest room. Always something. Starting to wash all the pillows, futon covers, etc while we wait to find out what can be done to fix it.

On the plus side, we will be going to see DS and DDIL's new apartment tomorrow and having an early dinner with them.

Pam - hope the car is an easy fix
    Jess - I agree - it's better to say something nice about someone - if not, keep it to yourself
    Lana - hope you and Teigan have a wonderful Grandparent's Day luncheon
    Pamela - hope the storm doesn't get you and you can enjoy your snacks in peace.

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon hope all is safe from the weather. we have only had a little rain so far. did some shopping today for christmas. everyone stay safe enjoy grandparents day

7. MrsSoup

Please pray for my friend's youngest daughter, she is 2. She had to take her to the ER this morning. She said that she woke up screaming and every time she moved she screamed. She kept holding the right side of her neck and saying, "Hurt, hurt". She has no idea what could be wrong as she was fine before she went to bed last night. I'm waiting to hear an update, hoping it's just a muscle or something along those lines but who knows with kids. I offered to drive her or go with her but she turned me down. Her husband is at Fort Hood right now for training so she is super stressed.

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    Saturday morning and the house is quiet. DH is at the farm and DS is still on his holiday and won't be back until Tuesday, so just the dogs and I.
    Will continue to work on the Sunroom today and try and get that deep cleaned.
    Then tonight I am off to an engagement party for one of the girls in my team. We are all meeting at a local pub for dinner and dancing and I am thinking it will be a great night.

Hair appointment yesterday went well. I had some caramel coloured highlights put in with the blonde and and it has given it a warm look. Nice and fresh for the warmer months.
    That is about it from sunny Australia for now.

9. MrsSoup

My friend and daughter are home from the ER. She was diagnosed with torticollis, a contraction of the neck muscles. They aren't really sure what caused it could have just been that she slept funny. After x-rays and a CT, they diagnosed her and gave her steroids that will last up to 3 days and then sent them home. Told my friend to give her Motrin and apply heat to the area. I showed up at the ER just as they were walking out. I took over the Motrin that I had at our house so she didn't have to stop by the store on her way home and the little one seemed like she was feeling better. She was laughing and smiling at me and watching cartoons.

I retook my test this morning and scored 11 points better than the first time even though it was a different version of the test. Not sure if i'll take it again or not. I scored high enough this time but might like more practice and to try for a higher score. Maybe i'll try the actual preassessment and see how I do this weekend. I could really use a nap after I get Eli from the bus.

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening. busy day - they are keeping me on my toes at work. I listen to the radio with the earphones... it is too quiet! Neighbor cw's are not the smiliest but then again I don't work with them. As long as I have work to do that's what counts. Did gym this morning. dd met me in town and we ate at a food truck - poutine for me and a burger for dd then she left and headed for our house. had subway for supper. we did groceries tonight too.
    DD met her doctor ... another colonoscopy in 2 weeks, stool tests for 3 days and bloodtests in 2 weeks. she is a better today, mostly hurts in the mornings.
    will go to sleep early, have govt test tomorrow morning.

'night!

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Lucie, sorry to hear that poor DD is not feeling well. I know what you mean when you say how upset you are when your babies are hurting. I still worry about my 2 all the time.
    Spring cleaning here, I have the music up and am enjoying getting in and giving the sunroom a good clean. None of the things in there are mine so sadly will not be able to declutter anything.