Gift Basket Ideas...

Discussion in 'Gifts & Giving' started by AuntJamelle, Feb 23, 2018.

1. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

I've decided to do a gardening theme gift basket for MIL this year. Found some additional ideas for her basket since she is pretty well setup on tools, seeds, etc. New ideas are: fingernail brush (for scrubbing that dirt!), new kneeler pad (these wear out and she could use a new one), fun watering can (she keeps a lot of plants indoors too so will look for a small one), rain gauge, plant markers, herb scissors...

I've decided to do an Italian Basket for 3 families - at least two of them I will make up a lasagna - frozen or just ready to bake - in a foil pan to pop in the basket or just to be delivered at the same time. I also plan to make some homemade bread with Italian twist - Cheddar and Herb Bread - I can have loaves baked and frozen ahead of time then just take out and thaw as I'm ready to assemble final basket for gifting.

For one out of town BIL and family I'm thinking I'll do the Christmas Ice Cream Sundae "basket" - although since it will be shipped I'll probably do a pretty box instead.

For the twins in CO I am thinking of doing a candy making "basket" for one and a cupcake making theme for the other. I think they are just getting to that age where some fun supplies could really spur some excitement to play in the kitchen. Confirming with their mother first though. Once again, since shipping I'll do pretty boxes - where you line the outside and inside with paper, etc.

Still brainstorming on what I may do for others on my list!
    luludou and teachermomof2 like this.
  2. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Adding a couple more gift basket ideas:

Chili Basket - Recipe for Chili and Cornbread; All canned goods for making (Tomato Soup, V8, Chili Beans, Canned Mushrooms, Diced Tomatoes) + Carol Shelby’s Chili Mix; Bottle of Cinnamon, Bottle of Chili Powder, Fresh Green Bell Pepper, Corn Bread Mix(es) + Can of Green Chiles + Small bottle of Honey

Chili Recipe:

2-3 Cans Mild Chili Beans
    2 Cans Tomato Soup + 2 soup cans of water
    1 can V8 (small kind)
    ½ Green Bell Pepper, finely diced
    1 lb ground beef, browned
    16 oz mushrooms, canned, drained
    Carol Shelby’s Chili Mix, Main packet spices only, add salt, cayenne and masa as desired
    Extra Chili Powder, 1 - 2 T
    Nice sprinkle of Cinnamon, 1/2 to 1 tsp

Combine all ingredients and heat well - good for heating slowly in crockpot but can also do on stove. Better the next day! Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, onions, etc.!

Cornbread Hack:

Jiffy Mix, batter mixed per package directions then add following:

2 T melted butter
    1-2 T honey
    1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles, drained
    1 to 1.5 cup shredded sharp cheddar

College Gift Basket - Batteries, Binder Clips, Bubble Gum/Mints, Chip Clips, Clorox Wipes, Deck of Cards, Jumbo Set of Cards for fun!, Drink Coasters, Lingerie Bag for Laundry, Lint Roller, Lip Balm, Paper Clips, 3M hooks, Poncho, Roll of Quarters, Safety Pins, Small Flashlight, Shout Wipes, Postage Stamps, Stapler, Sticky Notes, Stress Ball, Thermos, Thumb Tacks, Tool Kit, Travel Umbrella, Sunscreen, USB Drive, Ziplock Bags - decorate basket or box with their college colors and logo!

Glow in the Dark Basket - Glow in the Dark (henceforth known as GITD) Adhesive Stars; GITD Wall/Ceiling Decals; Children’s Books that have GITD features; Mini Flashlight(s); Glow Sticks/Bracelets/Wands; GITD Nail Polish; GITD Puzzle; Grow and Glow Terrarium Kit; Light Up Shoe Laces; GITD Sports Gear (Various sports balls, frisbees, etc.); GITD Face Paint; GITD Fabric Paint; Black Light

Kid’s Cooking Basket - Cookie Cutters, Tea Towels, Pastry Brush, Plastic or Metal Mixing Bowls and Measuring Cups, Rolling Pin and Mat; Apron or Chef’s Hat, Kid’s Cookbooks, Oven Mitts - Consider picking one fun recipe from book and including as many of ingredients as possible?
    luludou likes this.
  3. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

Love this thread
  4. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Am loving this thread too, so many great ideas,
    Minta I love the breakfast basket idea, I might need to do something along those lines.