Gift closet 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have you started putting gifts in your closet for Christmas 2012?

Today I bought a sweater-vest for dnephew.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Not yet. I waslooking some but not seriously. Ishould consider getting some gift cards as gifts or to spend later.

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I have started. After the holidays when they marked things down in the store I work in, I bought a pair of really nice pajamas for DIL and a bathrobe. It would have been $90.00 but with the sale and my discout I paid $27.00 for the 2 items. I have a lemax Christmas tree sales building for one of my brothers who DH sells trees with. Got that at less than 1/2 price at one of the hardware stores here. It was a lot less than at Michael's. I would like to start getting gift cards for Dunkin Donuts, Paneras, McDonalds and a couple of other places but Ihave to find a safe place to put them. I don't want to lose them over the year. I'm off to a not so bad start I guess. Dorene

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
My gift closet contains prezzies -- two birthday (dolls), wallets for graduation, silver picture frames for wedding/showers, and a couple Christmas prezzies.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Yup... a couple weeks ago I picked up some ornaments for my kids and nieces. Today I got slipper socks for my kids to be used as stuffing stockers.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I acutally have a closet this year! With a locking door knob! I have some hanging clothes in there that I bought for MIL's birthday as well as the Risk game we just bought for the boys and a few other things that I've picked up on sale. I love being able to lock the closet door to keep the Nosy Nellie's at bay!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Got a waffle iron./ sandwich press that puts the Redskin's logo on if for my brother.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I've picked up a bunch of things for my Christmas boxes this year...the theme will be something along the lines of seeing/remembering the holidays through the eyes of a child.

I got the Polar Express on DVD on sale for $5. I will add large jingle bells from my stash "The bell still rings for me"

I picked up copies of "Matchless" by Gregory Maguire (the little match girl story) and The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson on sale at B&N at 75% off.

I'd like to include DVDs of Miracle on 34th Street, so I'll keep looking in the bargain bins, etc. " Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to"

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've got my gift box going for sure. I do use it for other things, but I have some Advent Swap items and Stocking swap items for next year already.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Colleen - Great theme for your boxes! Do you keep a list from year to year of your themes and what you put in them?

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
I have a few things, but have to sort the cabinet so I can see what I have that's a carry-over. Oldest g'daughter will probably get a nativity I purchased after-Christmas a few years ago. Hmmmm. Better check the tracking list & make sure I haven't already given her one :-0 Have several items I can give to sis/BIL & to DIL for their "collections". Yep, making that inventory update has to be done before I get things too lopsided for one or 2 & not the others!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I bought a bunch of on sale fleece mufflers, hats and gloves - one size fits all stuff from lands end and I just ordered some snow scrapers for $6 from Eddie Bauer - they're the one's with the glove on it and they're for BIL and neighbor.

DH and I also got 2 nice pens for DS.

I picked up cards on sale and a snowman tablecloth at Walmart.

At least I'm off to a start!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have picked up a few great bargains in the after christmas sales. I got DH and DS t shirts from the surf shop, I also got some beautiful notecards for my mum from Target. I got some beautiful tea towels form Target to so I think I will add some hand soap and lotion and make up a parcel for my mum. I am quite thrilled with what I have in the closet so far.

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I have started my shopping also - have bought son in law a pajama set (flannel pants that come with a t-shirt) and a pair of black heavy leather winter gloves - regular price for both was $81.00 -- (kohls) - between the clearance price, my percent off coupon and a promotional percent off - I paid 5.12 for both items with free shipping. woo hoo.

also got three nice christmas notepads with hard backing for writing - walmart clearance - 48 cents each. and have some christmas pins from Kohls - 56 cents each -- the pins were regular 8 dollars each - bought - 4 or 5 - cant remember ! Notepads are one each for daughter and one each for two friends along with the christmas pins too.

off to a good start.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MrsPaul, sounds like you have picked up some great bargains. There is a lot out there if you can take the time to look. I think having an idea of what you want to buy always helps. I have been making some gifts lists lately so I know what to keep an eye out for through the year.

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I have added to my gift closet - I received a 25 dollar gift card from Kohls for doing surveys and bought my daughter a long nightgown at Kohls - 40 - reduced to 7.65 and bought two Little People Christmas sets for two daycare children for christmas - each was 33 dollars reduced to 8.33 each, bought a puzzle for a sibling of a daycare child for next christmas reduced to 2.40 = 26.71 - but my out of pocket for those christmas gifts was $1.71. doing well so far - have accumulated enough points for another 25 dollar Kohls card and sent for it - will use it for christmas gifts.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i got a target gc today. going to add each week when i get paid.