Gift closet 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just tidied up the boxes that I keep the stocking fillers in. I am pleased by what I have in there at the moment. I have been lucky enough to grab some great deals lately. I find it also helps to have an idea of what I want to buy then when I see the item at a good price I can grab it.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Stopped in a different Hallmark store over the weekend and picked up several more ornaments for 90% off! A couple of the ornaments will be used as Christmas Gifts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have ordered a few things from ebay. As soon as they arrive they will be ticked off the planner and added to the boxes. I like the feeling of getting stuff done.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Have ordered a few things from ebay. As soon as they arrive they will be ticked off the planner and added to the boxes. I like the feeling of getting stuff done.

It does feel great to be able to check things off the list so early in the year. I hate running around last minute trying to get gifts.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I just checked one of the supermarkets specials for this week and they have "AmbiPur" plug in car fresheners for 1/2 price $2.30. I think while I am at the mall I will get one each for the boys stockings.
I get a lot of stocking fillers from the supermarket so it pays to keep an eye out on their specials.

Minta, I am with you, hate running around last minute looking for stuff. That is when the budget goes out the window and you end up buying garbage.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did a Undies and Boxers shop this week. The boys always get new undies and sleep shorts as a gift. Bought quite a few pairs on special this week. DH now has 1 pair of trunks in the gift box that I store his things in. It is a start.
I also have my first layby on a Target, nice to have a start on the gifts.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im planning a wander through both Kmart and Big W this week to see of anything takes my fancy- I like laybyes!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
bought 2 purses and and 2 candles for gifts for Christmas/ got a couple toys that was 70% off

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, I will do Big W at the end of the month. I have a Target layby on at the moment and I try to not have too many on at once.
Big W is about 1/2 hour from me so I don't get there often but when I do I try and write a list to make the layby a good one.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I am lucky- I have Kmart, Target and Big W all in a local centre.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Scored a lot of deals at Kohls .. Picked up several shirts for my kids, the cutest pair of reindeer lounge paints and reindeer slippers for my daughter, a minecraft hoodie and a fall jacket for my son. Now the hard part .. deciding what will be birthday gifts and what will be Christmas gifts :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I did order an item for Teigan that was sent off today. Gives her 3 gifts, 2 ornaments and some items for her poster I have gotten so far. My daughter has 2 and son-in-law 1.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, the reindeer pants sound great. Great going. I have been concentrating on
stocking fillers and have got quite a bit put aside. I bought icescrapers that have wooly mittens on top for the boys. Should make scraping the windscreens easier.
Just looking for unusual stocking fillers, I am tired of getting people the same old things.

Will be going to a big department store in another town soon and hope to pick up a few different things there and the start on parcels.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Minta, the reindeer pants sound great. Great going. I have been concentrating on
stocking fillers and have got quite a bit put aside. I bought icescrapers that have wooly mittens on top for the boys. Should make scraping the windscreens easier.
Just looking for unusual stocking fillers, I am tired of getting people the same old things.

Will be going to a big department store in another town soon and hope to pick up a few different things there and the start on parcels.

Thanks ... I am behind on the stocking stuffers as not much as caught my eye for them. I have a couple ornaments for everyone and some make up brushes for my daughter. I like the ice scraper with mittens. Might have to look for one for my hubby.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I took my mom Christmas shopping and we got everything on her list. I was able to get things for my daughters. I got a hooded motorcycle jacket and winter coat for DD29 and for DD27 I got a winter jacket, sweater dress, and belt. It was all under $100.00 with my 50% off clearance coupon. :)

Still have the two sons to do. DS 24 will most likely get a blue tooth. I have a lot of small items for dgds put away. Hoping ddil will let me get them their Christmas dress this year.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm trying to cut back on Christmas gifts for the girls this year, but I found a box of Melissa and Doug Disney Princess beads with strings from $20 on clearance for $3. They are the little beads for kids 4+, so I stashed them away for DD2 for Christmas. She loves stringing beads, but the baby ones aren't offering her much of a challenge now that she's almost 3, and she loves anything Disney Princess.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Got the main gift for DS already-he is Star wars crazy-(he is 36-LOL) but has a home office and I found on Etsy-a poster size architectural patent drawing of the Millenium Falcon-it is really nice and I will get it framed. One down-a few dozen to go :)