Gift closet 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Target trip yesterday produced some stocking stuffers for DS:

Minions Surprise Character Packets (3) $1.26 each
Grow Capsules (3) $1 each
Finding Dory Grow Washcloth $1

Little by little! :)

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Love the Minion body wash!
I fund a smilar type things for DS in R2D2 from Star Wars- he not a Star Wars fan but really likes R2D2.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Nice find ladies ..

I picked up a 2002 Hess Mini ship the other day from a yard sale site. Still in mint condition, never be out of the box. It will be stocking stuffer for DS.

The kid's have their birthdays over the next couple months so I have been holding off on picking up to much stuff for them to avoid duplicates.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This a.m. while at Tractor Supply for cat food I picked up a cooler for a donation (will fill with stuff) and thought it was 17.99 down from 24.99 and it rang up for 14.39. I went back after Allens appt. and got 3 more --one for my son and one for DD/SIL---have an extra one on hand too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Have not picked up much recently,
will need to go through all the gift boxes soon and just double check that I am on the right track.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Picked up some stocking stuffers in New Orleans... Jack Daniel pecans for ds, bourbon pecans for me, N-O ornament for me, hot sauce for dd, tabasco chocolate for dd, Bob marley bracelet for ds, 1 pack of playing cards with alligators for ds

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
For the last two days I have been working on my gift list. It is nearly complete. I just need ideas for 5 people (I have 27 in all). It has been really fun working on this list and it has made the time at this temporary office location go by pretty fast. Also I've been working on my shopping list. I have almost two pages filled LOL. I hope to get started with shopping by the end of this month.

I am so psyched right now. Hope this feeling lasts throughout the rest of this year.

Great job on the closets ladies. It's helping me a lot to get rolling.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went shopping with sis & dd the past weekend.

- 1 short-sleeved T for dh
- 1 long-sleeved sweater for dh
- 1 long-sleeved knit sweater for dnephew's bday (in december)
- 1 minion t-shirt for dnephew for Christmas
- dd & ds body wash for stockings
- dd a silicone glove for the oven

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got a new order placed on AlliExpress

- 2 sets of fairy earrings with necklace for dnieces - FINISHED!
- 2 gold bangle bracelets for my stocking
- 2 luggage weighing thingys for dd & ds's stockings
- 1 pair cat earrings for my stocking
- 1 iphone cable for ds's stocking

the stockings are coming alone!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
You are ON it, luludou! Good job!!! :)

We picked up a BB-8 Droid Toy at the Disney Outlet while on vacation this weekend - I snuck back in the store while DH had DS. He never noticed the extra bag! Still young enough we can get away with that sort of thing! lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You are all doing so well considering it is only August. We will be in good shape come Christmas. :)

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Well, I've got my Christmas books purchased for sure. I spent $65 on books....I bought 35 of them....mostly hardcovered.

In Canada, a nice hardcover picture book at a bookstore for normal price is usually between $18.99 and $24.99. Amazon ropes me in with its 80% off pricing! Plus they're offering an extra 15% off the lowest price on books right now as well.

I give the girls each a new Christmas book for Christmas Kickoff every year. I bought DD5 a book called Christmas with Vera and DD3 a book called Christmas with the Mousekins. Also, a board book for the newest little addition who should arrive just days before our kickoff. I even got a Christmas book for DH.

Santa always brings them each a book as well. I got quite a few nice hardcover books for under the tree. DD5 has asked for kitchen stuff, and I got a kid's cookbook with stickers and puzzles about baking for only $1.50.....I'd had it on my list of things to get for her, and it is regularly about $10.

Also bought a kit for making baby booties that comes with the yarn, needle, ribbons, and buttons and patterns for only $1.67!. I can knit them up and put them in DD0's stocking :)

Also....got a little Charlie Brown Christmas book that comes with a tiny little Charlie Brown tree.

All said and done, I did the Christmas Kickoff books and several nice hardcover books for under the tree for a grand total of $18.

Other than that, I got their Easter books, some Halloween books, a Valentines Day book, some knitting books for me, and a few books to give them when the baby arrives.

And for me a book about how to raise your kids to love reading.....which in hindsight was probably not necessary, lol.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
FS great buys! I LOVE books. Hummm... I think I'll go look, that could be the add-on for dnephew's gifts

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
FS great buys! I LOVE books. Hummm... I think I'll go look, that could be the add-on for dnephew's gifts

Just make sure to enter PROMO15 and you'll save an extra 15% :)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I ordered some Sheriff Callie Stickers and shirt for Teigan. The stickers will go on her poster. A gift a day for Dec. 1st-24th.

I need to check out the Kohls and Target sales for items. Last year got almost everybody a beach towel. Had their $25 towels down to under $5.

Everybody is doing good with planning and buying so far.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Tonight I purchased some shirts for Teigan from Old Navy. And then I got a shirt and an iron board with iron from Target online with free shipping. The iron was either $29 or $23 and down to 11. something.

Want to get my Lakeside order in tom. and that will be most of the Iowa bunch that we mail to.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I give the girls each a new Christmas book for Christmas Kickoff every year. I bought DD5 a book called Christmas with Vera

I'm so glad I saw your post! My nephew's daughter's middle name is Vera (after her maternal great-grandmother), so I just ordered this book! She will be 7 in December :)

Thank you for sharing!