Gift closet 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Was shopping yesterday and I picked up a few gifts for Christmas. Got some flashcards for a great nephew. Some clothes for Teigan and a small backpack that has silver sequins all over it with a T on it. Thought she could put some stuff in it for the car or as a purse to carry in.

Reactions: Minta

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
There are just not sure that is there thing since they are single. I am thinking of getting DS 25 a gift card to Second City in Chicago a lot of actors got their start there. http://www.secondcity.com/ He loves improv and comedy. There is a local theater that host many different types of show so may get gift card for DD30 to attend a couple of shows.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I love this idea too Jody. I am sure that they will be all thrilled with their experience gifts.

I cannot believe that next week will be July.
I really must sit down with my planner and the kids and ask if there is anything that they are really wanting for Christmas. I am aware that they really don't need much of anything but they may want something that I had not thought of.

Really time to get the skates on.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Remember that the big summer toy clearance at Target will be coming up soon! It should happen towards the end of July - they usually mark down on a Thursday i believe. They actually have to scan at least one of the toys with their guns for the 70% price to take effect. If you go to the stores now you should see the toys in question at 30% to 50% currently. That way you can see if there is anything you are interested in and look up reviews, etc.

If there is something you really want and there are only a few left you can buy at the current price just to be sure - then when they go 70% - buy another one if you can and then return the first one (Target will not price adjust on clearance items)

I'm hoping to find at least a couple of things for DS for Christmas! I'll be watching the All Things Target blog to see when the sale starts this year!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just back from the mall with DD. We did well. Priceline (like Walgreens) had a gift bag if you spent $60 on selected skincare. We needed to stock up on stuff and got the gift bag which is a beautiful wool and patent leather? tote. I will give the bag to my mum for Christmas.
We went to the shop that sell DVD's, games etc. The had DVD TV series for 24.95 a season, buy 2 get one free. I picked up Victoria for DD and Orange is the new black for DS. They scanned at 19.95 each and I got the 3rd free!!! I was very happy with that.
The gift closet is starting to look good.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Sounds like everyone is doing great ... I picked up another older Hess truck for my son. He loves them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good job ladies. It is all the little things that we get and do now that make it easier for us come December. I am aware that today we are officially half way through the year. Christmas is coming.!!!!!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I was at the supermarket today with Luke. I managed to find a hair product for him on clearance but he was with me. I sent him to get something that I forgot in another aisle. Snuck it in to the trolley! He was distracted at the checkout by a magazine and I got it safely inside and hidden away without him being any the wiser.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, I get most of my stocking fillers from the supermarket. The good thing for me is I shop without the kids. I remember the challenges of shopping with children

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Katrina, Luke seems to have a 6th sense when it comes to me being sneaky with gifts. He is often not with me at the supermarket but yesterday he was... I could not risk leaving the hair product as it was reduced to clear and would have been gone when I got back there without him. I have even taken to having ebay purchases delivered to a parcel locker as if it comes to home he either manages to get it out of the mailbox or gets the card to collect from the PO and ALWAYS wants to know what it is...

I can only tell him its printer ink so many times before he works it out! Especially when he goes to print something and there is low ink!

Using a parcel locker I can tell him Im racing to the shop to pick up milk or something then hide my parcel in the car til I can get it inside.

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
I have an attic bedroom with a big walk in closet and it's getting used as i got some nice things that were marked down just before our family dollar closed and we've had a few other store that have closed so i picked up things there,i've got shirts,socks,bedding,hair care items,many wonderful things and our walmart has a clearance aisle so i get things there.It's just my son and i so and he's in his 20's so i don't have to worry he thinks it's something the way i get my shopping done before November.christmas-bells-smiley-emoticon.gif

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I got a present for DS...a bacon press, that was made for free by a man from our church! I offered to pay him when I asked if he could make it for me, but he completely refuses to let me. That's a huge score because Ds saw them in the church kitchen and went on and on about how he wished he had one. He'll be totally surprised!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MissJane, what a wonderful gift not only for your DS but for the man for gifting it to you. Lovely.

Tanya, there will come a time where you can tell Luke, "it is for Christmas" and he will leave it at that. If I am out with my kids now and I pick something up I tell them to have Christmas amnesia. lol.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Well I have not bought them as yet as I need to get Luke to chat a bit more about which colour option he would prefer. But I have found one of Luke's main gifts. I will get him new sunglasses. He has had his current pair now for several years and they a now a bit small for his face. I also noticed today that they are a bit scratched. So it will be new Rayban Aviator sunglasses for Luke. Im happy as I often struggle now that he is past toys and while I don't mind the odd computer game I would prefer he got other things for Christmas as well.

jollykelly

Premiere Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lehigh Valley, Pa
I just got back from vacation and had some extra cash that I saved up for our trip. I used some of it when I got back.... doing Christmas shopping on Amazon. I picked up make up brushes, blender sponges, a make up brush cleaner, a leather wrap bracelet, and a softball pillowcase all for DD. For my niece who is in her first apartment I picked up a 62 piece Rubbermaid set, and for my other niece I picked up a mermaid sequined backpack. For my dog I got an elk antler, and a tablet charger for DH. I also got a pair of gloves for my step father. All of this for $82. I actually think I may be done by November 1st!