Gift closet 2017

Discussion in 'Gifts & Giving' started by luludou, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Cindylouwho

Cindylouwho Well-Known Member

Have been reading over this and you are all SO motivating. Trying harder than usual to knock out the gift giving earlier this year because we have relatives coming into town during my PRIMETIME wrapping week.

Will try to knock out some of the stocking stuff this week. My focus this year is going to be art supplies because they are all now into drawing and painting. Also for the older ones I'm looking at items for college next year (like fun office items like colorful staplers and such). Also tea sets for calm winter nights away at school -- those nights where they actually have to study.

Minta likes this.
  2. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Cindylouwho,
    I like the idea of the tea set for those cold winter nights. Very comforting.

Minta likes this.
  3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

went to hobby lobby got a couple gifts . they have cute things there.

Minta likes this.
  4. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Member

I think I am mainly trying to get my shopping all done by November 31st.....that way then I can sit and enjoy december and all I need to do is sit and wrap gifts.......last year I seemed a bit unprepared and was still running round on Xmas eve tryign to get last minute bits.......wont be doing that again this year!

I used a local 3 for 2 event to finish off the last of my daughters toys so I only have 3/4 bits to get her now and then just stocking fillers.....
    Most of my family is done.
    Just need to focus on my son and husband now but with limited funds at the minute I doubt I will be doing much Xmas stuff this month!

Minta likes this.
  5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

bought 2 candles from work today put in my stash

Minta likes this.
  6. sweetpumkinpye

We are all doing so well.
    Can't believe that we are into October, the time is really flying by.
    We will all be in a very good position come Christmas Eve.

Minta likes this.
  7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Bought 3 items for dd's stocking yesterday.... fancy mustard, orange-coriander-salt spice, salmon-dill-lemon olives.

Minta likes this.
  8. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Yum Lucie, they all sound really good.

Minta likes this.
  9. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Got Teigan some Lipchap (chopstick as she calls it), a bracelet kit and barbies today.

I need to take stock on all I have.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Minta likes this.
  10. Minta

Minta Active Member

Picked up a pair of boots for my daughter that she wanted. They were not on sale but they had her size and I didn't want to risk her size being sold out. We get our Christmas club check in a couple more week then the shopping will really get underway.

11. luludou

I need to take stock too!

Minta likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

I have to get into the gift closet and just double check what I have. I think I am doing OK but will need to make sure.

Minta likes this.
  13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Picked up a b'day gift for December today.

Dollar General has these wooden ornaments that are $3 and then they have stickers to put on them numbered. Got Teigan a star and ornament shape one for her and a star one for a great nieces b'day. Got a bracelet last Sunday for great niece and then will get a small gift card and her b'day is done. It is the 6th of December and have b'days on Nov. 3rd and Nov. 15th.

Minta likes this.
  14. jollykelly

jollykelly Active Member

I am happy to report that all of my Christmas shopping is done, that can be done for now. And the shopping that cannot be done, the money is out aside in an envelope. We draw names on my side of the family, so though I do not know who myself and DH will pull, the money is there. We draw the names on Thanksgiving. Also, my DD15, likes to go shopping for clothes as Christmas presents. We have found that we get much better deals on black Friday and after, so I have put the money in an envelope for that time as well. My DH and I have decided that we will not exchange Christmas gifts this year, and we are both A OK with that.

I really was to thank Katrina for this thread, Minta for all of encouragement through out the year, and Tanya, Lucie and Lana for all of the great ideas. The problem with name callouts is that I am afraid I may have missed someone. If I did, please know that I appreciate you, I just have a poor memory!

Minta likes this.
  15. Minta

Minta Active Member

That's Awesome Kelly!!!

16. luludou

Great work JK!
    I scratched the surface of the gift-closet yesterday. Filled boxes for 4 nephews (+bday of one in December) and put the gift+ the money inside. I found a place to put the 5 boxes in dd's closet. They are finished will just need wrapping.
    Have to go through the rest of the gift closet,.... maybe next weekend.

Minta and jollykelly like this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

JK, I am so thrilled that you are in such a great shape for Christmas. It is great to be able to sit back and just enjoy the season without worrying about money or time.
    I certainly have been better organised since joining all of you wonderful girls.