Gift closet 2017

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, the fur scarf sounds fun.

Reactions: Minta

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Tanya,
My local Woolworths. They are the Airwick brand in the Apple and Cinnamon. It is such a Christmassy scent.
Woolworths have had some great stocking fillers lately in their online catalogue. I have gotten razors and shave foam and body wash over the past few weeks all at 50% off so good to keep an eye out.

I didn't think Woolworth's still existed!!!!!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I didn't think Woolworth's still existed!!!!!

Woolworths here is a supermarket and is one of the big 2 in the Australian market.
Although it has the same name as the US stores it has no actual affiliation.
I believe that the name was taken from the US stores of the same name many years ago because there was no trademark registered in Australia.

Now they are strictly supermarkets but when I was little they also had what was called a variety store that sold all manner of items.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i started putting money for target gift card to shop with.also bought some pjs and socks .

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I added the cutest mini baby jar of Nutella to the collection today. Luke is a Nutella fiend. It was extremely poor value for money but so cute. And the shelf life is good through to Feb 2018. It was $2- I could have got a regular size jar on special today for $4.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I got a few stocking fillers today. The back to school items are discounted at the moment. I got 2 plastic containers designed to hold sandwiches for $2.50.
I stocked up on sticky tape to put in with the wrapping supplies.
I got some shampoo for DS for his stocking and some cotton makeup removal pads for DD. The stocking boxes are looking OK for January.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
As Luke is back at school I had a chance the last 2 days to pick up a few bits- I had already seen them but could not get them when he was with me!

I added:
Vanilla Melts, Jasmine Melts and Coconut/ Lime Melts- all for the oil burner reduced to $1 each from $6.50 each
Wrapping paper - 4 rolls- super nice! May not be used in 2017 but possibly 2018. $1. 00 each roll -big 7M rolls down from 6.95 each
I did get Luke some shorts for next summer- these probably wont be a Christmas gift- they will be just to have. $12 down from $69.95

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i went to kohls today got my grandson some pjs and a couple shirts and pants marked 70%off for christmas,

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
oh forget got some kitchen hand towels for gifts at 70%off i love kohls

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I added some sleep shorts for Luke $5 down from $7.50- they have emojis all over them and are cute

Last edited:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well I haven't bought anything lately but I did deposit more money into the Christmas Club. Also printed out a few recipes to test this summer to be used as food gifts.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
A new pizza place opened up about a month ago and everyone has given it rave reviews so I decided to go experience it for myself. Wow, it was fantastic. I left with one $20 gift card to go in the Saran Wrap ball for Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are certainly off to a great start considering it is only early February.
I really intend to keep the momentum going this year so that I am in a great position by Christmas. No last minute rush for me!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I ordered a wine Christmas ornament last night off of FB. Will be for Jaymee. I got the cutest wine gift bag and have a couple other wine related ornaments and pinned and ornament to make so will give a bottle and maybe the ornaments in with it ---if they fit!

Ellen such a good ideal to pick stuff up for the ball along the way. Like I said I have wanted to do it for a couple of yrs but haven't. I have to consider what to put on it because I have my great aunt is 87 and doesn't use some stuff and then you have a 14, 12, and 11 yr old to play. I like the gift card ideals. Bigger items you could have a number or whatever and then have it in a gift bag or wrapped elsewhere with # on it. (bottle of wine, etc) The 3 younger ones would just be out and get another gift.

Last edited:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I just thought that I would post an idea that my boss did for Christmas.

She and her family and friends (all adults) did a gift exchange that I thought was a little different.
They all wrapped a book that they had read during the year and really enjoyed. They then all put the wrapped books under the tree and
took turns to pick a book.
I thought that this was great because not only are you recycling, but you get to read another great book.
This is a great idea...I wonder what kind of books would be under the tree if teachers did this? They usually did white elephant gifts. I will suggest this to them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just got a few different stocking fillers for DD. Went to Kikki K ( a stationary store), and got DD a habit reminder book (where you check off things you are tracking, glasses of water, days of exercise etc) and a matching pen. I think she will like it.
Also pick up DH a pair of shorts to put in his Christmas box.

Attachments

• a7_track_your_habits_book_inspiration_inside_1.jpg
    a7_track_your_habits_book_inspiration_inside_1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 5

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
went to target they had sales. i got a couple flannel shirts hats and gloves and thermals for gifts for christmas. great deals. bought a shirt and hat for my son in law from work. i also bought 3 gift cards . want to be ready when christmas comes this year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did some shopping yesterday and have put some items on layby for Christmas. I nearly always have things on layby at either Target, KMart or BigW,
(the 3 big stores here). I found work pants for DH and DS for $10 a pair down from $30. I got DH a lovely casual shirt for $16 and a few stocking fillers such as to do lists etc for DD. Nice to have at least a few things going into the gift closet.