Gift closet 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up a couple of spiral notebooks with really pretty covers for my two nieces in CO. Will tuck them into the gift closet!

Andthenjust

MHH Member
Jul 10, 2018
Uk
I bought some stocking fillers for my dds today - novelty stationary. Also bought dds a backpack/pull along luggage THING that they'll use for our holiday early in 2019.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Went to Target last night and browsed the toy clearance...there is still quite a bit left from their big July sale. Picked up a small minion toy for DS for a few dollars and a fun transformer for his stocking for $2.58. Then I hemmed and hawed and finally put the super cool, large, LED lightup electric Hot Wheels car track set in my cart! lol That was $29.58 but I think he'll really like it - he still plays with his cars all the time!

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sounds like things are moving along with our gift closets.
Went shopping on Sunday, I got DD some drinking glasses, a travel wallet for jewelry. I bought myself 2 travel cubes for in my suitcase. I will make a gift from that.
Got DS a playstation game and a DVD. Still doing pretty well here. Will need to get more for DH.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have been picking up a few things here and there for Italian themed gift baskets this year - stuff with long shelf life like pasta or olive oil.

Also bought a multi pack of colored pens for DS's stocking - he was really interested in them when we were shopping for back to school donations :)

I'm really getting the Christmas prep/shopping bug! Now is the time of year I start to really watch the blogs that post deals - in store and online! I try not to look at them all year long because every time I look there is always a deal too good to pass up! lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The DVD's that DS are all about to be released. I picked up 2 different NCIS yesterday and noticed that many more seasons of popular shows will be out in the next few weeks. Need to add the release dates to my planner.
Got DH a polo shirt at KMart for $2.00, happy with that. Still need a few more things for him. I will sit down and speak to soon about what he might really like.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Received some products from Fruits & Passion (70% sale) , gifts are done for dniece and dson's girlfriend's bdays. Just need to make the cards.

Got the chocolate (checked the date), the toothbrushes and the deodarant for the stockings. Missing 1 thing for dd and the lottery tickets that come out in october for Christmas. Stockings are 90% done!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Received some products from Fruits & Passion (70% sale) , gifts are done for dniece and dson's girlfriend's bdays. Just need to make the cards.

Got the chocolate (checked the date), the toothbrushes and the deodarant for the stockings. Missing 1 thing for dd and the lottery tickets that come out in october for Christmas. Stockings are 90% done!
Fruits & Passion looks like a great store - I've never heard of them before. I need to be on the lookout for Christmas lottery tickets - they would be fun stocking stuffers.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, good job on the stockings. A great thing to have nearly finished.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just back from the mall. The kitchen shop had beautiful water bottles in a sea green colour. Were $14.95 down to 3.95 so I got DD two. they will look lovely on any table.
Found good quality polo shirts in a store that DH likes. 50% off today so got DH 2. I will put those together with the one I got last week and that will make a nice gift for him.
Moving along with gifts now so that is good.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Great job, Katrina! You got some deals!!!

When I work on my grocery list for tonight I am going to decide what stocking stuffers or gift basket items I'll include on this trip - need to start doing that each week now! So exciting!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, I think I like buying for stocking the best. Always on the look out for exciting additions. We use Santa sacks not stockings so they take a lot of filling.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I had a Santa Sack for my kids but I could only find one. So they swapped every year. Do not know why it never occurred to me to sew one.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well I did really well at Meijer last night!

All of the back to school items are on clearance so I grabbed some stocking stuffers:

Mini Spiral Notebook with Pineapple Embossed in Gold on Cover - $0.86 (Will add a pretty label on the inside that says "You are my Ohana")

Mini Spiral Notebook that has a quote about dreams on the cover $0.86

Mini Clipboards with stacks of paper notes $1.10 each

Jumbo Metal Paper Clips, Silver and Gold Tone $1.49 - Will use for a craft project - plan to add dark blue felt clouds dotted with star shaped sequins to the top of each clip. I'll split them into two sets for the twins stockings!

Then I browsed summer clearance and grabbed a set of metal skewers for $2 for a gift basket themed around grilling for my sister's boyfriend.

I got a bar of fancy soap (Orange Blossom) and a bottle of Mrs. Meyers Lemon Verbena Hand Soap $3.99 for a small gift this year for elderly family member.

And finally in the toy clearance I picked up two Star Wars Force Link sets. One was $9.99 and the other was marked $11 something but rang up just under $4!!! :) I was QUITE pleased! DS received a ForceLink starter set for his birthday and I know he will love adding pieces to his "collection" - that kid has a thousand and one collections! lol

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, what wonderful bargains you have picked up. How exciting to find so many great things on sale and to get many gifts ticked off the list.