Gift closet 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I went through all of the contents of my gift closet yesterday and made a list of all the items I have that I have forgotten and need to get entered into my master Christmas gift list. It was quite a list!

Wilton Comfort Grip Gingerbread House/Person 2 Piece Cookie Cutter Set - For baking gift basket
Small red colander - For one of the Italian themed gift baskets
Mulled Wine Candles (3) - These smell divine and are wrapped in the prettiest paper!
White Ceramic Mug - Gold Handle - Christmas Tree Design - Teacher/Aide Gift?
Red Ceramic Mug, Dove Design, "I Dove You" - ???
White Ceramic Mug, "Meet Me Under the MistleToe" Design (2) - ???
Star Night Light (3) - Stocking stuffers for the twins and one for me to keep
Degas Mini Notebook - Stocking Stuffer for oldest neice
Copper Ornament - Tree Design - ???\
Chapsticks - Sugar Cookie and Pumpkin scents (8) - Stocking Stuffers
Scented Lip Gloss, 3 Pack $1.50 at Target this weekend - Stocking Stuffer
Scented Lip Balm, 5 packs (2) $1.50 each at Target as well - Stockign Stuffers
5pc Kitchen Towel/Oven Mitt Gift Set - Baking Basket
Flour Sack Towels with bright floral design (2) - Baking Basket
Kitchen Towels, Christmas Designs (4) - Baking Basket
Punching Balloons - DS Stocking
Mini Wood Sign "Good Friends, Good Wine, Good Times" - Will pair with bottle of wine as a gift
Splat Ball with Smiley Face - DS stocking or Advent calendar
Mini Rainbow Slinky - DS stocking or Advent again
Silicon Rubber Spatulas, Plaid Design (2) - Baking Gift Basket
Silicon Rubber Spatula, Clear with snowman inside design - Baking Gift Basket
Peppermint Stripe Silicone Whisk - Baking Gift Basket

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oh, I also setup my stocking stuffer system! Small handled shopping bags for each person so I can keep track of how much I have for each and know when stocking should be full. Have them setup on higher up shelf in the North Pole storage area. DS doesn't snoop yet and DH never goes upstairs so I think I'm in the clear!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ. What a list!!!
There are a few ideas from there that I have forgotten. Need to buy chapsticks for all the stockings, summer here soon and all the kids could use new chapsticks.
DD moving out of home has also prompted me to do a baking basket for her, I think though it will be for her birthday in January.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just found a great stocking filler for DD. Lemonade tea infusion. Just put a bag in a water bottle. Great for Summer.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Picked up a couple 3 qt soup pots from Macys yesterday .. well actually picked up 3 .. 1 for me and 2 to be tucked away as chistmas gifts. I got them at almost 80% off the regular price :)

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I was at the mall yesterday and they had all these $12 Lego sets on for $9.99. Then I found one that said $89.99 with the same $9.99 sticker on it. I thought it was a mistake, but brought it up to the cash to check. They told me it was right. The Lego set had been in the store since the day they opened, so they were just clearing it out. Too bad my kids were all with me as it would have been great to put under the tree. May give it to one of nephews.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Frosty, what a great buy with the Lego. Amazing prices.

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
My daughter LOVES Harry Potter .. found a couple of glass tumbler and a coffee mug with Harry Potter on them at Walmart. Picked them up to put away for Christmas. Now just need to find Iron Man ones for my son.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Just ordered a couple of mini figurine sets for DS - an 8pc mini dinosaur set and a 14 pc Despicable Me characters set - between the two of them I will have most of the drawers in the Advent calendar covered this year!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got some more things tucked away!

Ordered two Target Fall Beauty boxes for two people on my list - they'll be good stocking stuffers!

Had $10 rewards at Kohls so ordered a couple of lotions, also for stocking stuffers. Only $2.12 out of pocket.

Then at Target I picked up a Spiderman Magic Towel from the Dollar Spot for DS's stocking and then I took a peek at toy clearance. Got a Minecraft Color Changing Potion Bottle for $19.99 and then found a super sweet deal.

There was a box in the clearance section that did not have a price tag. A nice size robotics set from Hexbug - for building a couple of outer space themed items - I tried to check it at the price scanner and it kept saying "Item not found"

So I figured I would just take it up to the register and see what happened. It ended up ringing up for $4.98!!!! SOLD!!! That was a great find!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, that was a great find, well done.
I was in a chemist store yesterday and they had foundation in DD brand for 50% off. Got her one for in her makeup bag that I do for her.
DS wrote some top end car cleaning supplies on his wish list. Quite expensive but good quality. When I looked at the auto store all the items were on sale!! Placed an order and DH picked it up yesterday. I will buy a cheap bucket, place items inside and wrap it all up.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Oh, I also setup my stocking stuffer system! Small handled shopping bags for each person so I can keep track of how much I have for each and know when stocking should be full. Have them setup on higher up shelf in the North Pole storage area. DS doesn't snoop yet and DH never goes upstairs so I think I'm in the clear!

I use a shoe box for each person's stocking stuffers. I found it much easier to stack the shoe boxes then try to keep everything in bags.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
When DD's lease is up she will likely move out on her own. Yesterday picked up a good quality cutlery set for 30% off. I got her the cake forks and buffet forks to match. It will either be a Christmas gift from DS or a birthday gift for January if needed.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up two bottles of hand lotion from Joann's yesterday - probably will use as part of teacher or teacher's aide gifts this year!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Found a Carolina Panthers trash can for DH on clearance last week. It will go perfectly in his man cave lol