Gift closet 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Picked up some dish soap and toilet paper for my son. My husband ordered him golf balls and a camping first aid kit too. Those were not on sale but at least they are purchased and here. I plan to pick up more gift cards this week. The grocery store has double points on some of the cards this week.
I need to go through everything and double check what I have , then I can finalize my shopping plans for the next couple of weeks.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Spent yesterday tidying the gift closet, it was a mess. I now have all gifts grouped together in bags for when I start wrapping.
Went to Target last night with DH and DD. Picked up a large pink towel for DD and a grey one for BF that will be wrapped for Christmas. My first gift for him.
Also picked up lovely glittery initials that will be the ornaments for this year.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Picked up a gift for H last weekend at Sam's Club. I'll be going back, as they had some neat stuff. I bought him a PSU Polo to wear to job fairs and dress casual events at school.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Myron's Mom - Gift cards are such a good thing to squirrel away! I need to start doing that. Kroger offers a discount on fuel when you earn enough shopping points and every now and then you can earn 4 times the points on gift cards - need to watch for that!

Katrina - It is a nice feeling to see order come out of chaos in the gift closet, isn't it?

teachermomof2 - I'm planning on hitting Sam's this week for a couple of things, will have to browse what they have out now. Were you seeing things mostly in clothing section?

Jody - Are you doing a movie night themed gift this year?

I've been doing some shopping lately at TJ Maxx and then today at Marshall's (same company). Just never know what you are going to find! Picked up a beautiful etched glass water bottle that will make a great gift for niece, plus some great lotion, a mini pumpkin pecan candle for stocking stuffers and some socks for me :)

Tried to score a 3DS game at Target but no luck - Super Mario 2 is supposedly marked down to $8.98 but they didn't even appear to have a spot for it. I could try the Target on our side of town but it is a smaller store - even less likely to have it. But you never know! I've been wanting to get DS more games - we only have the one so far.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Aunt Jamelle, I am doing gift basket for the family this year. DD was a film major in college and has produced a couple of her own films and her finance
works part time at a movie theater so they do enjoy film. The popcorn popper we got is like the one we have and she is very familiar with, (a little nostalgia). I am also adding a game call Qwirkle and tickets to the Russian art museum near them and Ddoggie will get a seat cover for the back seat of the car. They will be newly married and lacking $$ so thought an entertainment gift would be appreciated.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jody, what wonderful gifts.
We will have DD BF with us for the first time this year. Apparently his family are not too big on Christmas so I have been warned not to overwhelm him. I am thinking that a gift card to the local movie theatre will be a great gift as he can take DD and they can both enjoy it. I might branch out a little and add a packet of lollies or popcorn with it to jazz it up a bit.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Went to Target last night in search of a deal posted on one of the blogs I follow - no joy :( The item was a 3DS game and it was NOT on clearance - still reg price. So I browsed a bit and found a small stuffed Minion on clearance and a set of little mini Minion figures - both for DS's stocking.

Also grabbed a couple of face masks on clearance for stocking stuffers for my sisters. Got out of there for under $10!!! :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up a flat of little jelly jars at Meijer last night - will use for various mixes I have planned for gifts this year.

Also ordered a Harry Potter XBox game for DS via Amazon - found at a good price so just pulled the trigger!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have ordered a Xbox game for DD which was meant to be here early September. Have just found out that delivery is delayed until November,
Gift closet has been tidied, still need to pack up items for the charities.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, true. I am glad I have ordered it, I do suffer from FOMO (fear of missing out) once I have decided on something.
Picked up a t-shirt for the BF and a lovely short sleeved work shirt for DH last night.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've finally started. I feeling like jumping up and down in joy. LOL! I picked up an eye mask and hair towel.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have some gifts to the gift closet a s'mores maker, gluten free chocolate sterno, a utility holder.that can be used for many different things, especially Christmas themed because it has red pots to hold the items.

We are waiting for a store Farm and Fleet to open their Toyland on the 20th to get some other things we need in the gift area. They also have a variety of nuts, candy and baking supplies that I stock up on for the holidays.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have gifts stuck all over. I need to gather them all together to see what I have. I did find a gift in the bottom of my closet that I had forgotten about already. lol

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ordered some things on Amazon, mostly using Discover points :)

Deluxe Magic Tricks Kit for DS - this is something he's been asking for consistently!

Also ordered a simple black magician's cape to go with it - I think he will love that!

Also got him a 3DS game for his stocking!

And I got a set of silicone rubber spatulas for my friend. During recent visit I noticed she didn't have any - just other priorities on where the $ goes right now - and I thought it would be a nice thing to spoil her with!

Reactions: Myron's Mom