Gift closet 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
got my charlie brown shoes for myself today. ordered some goodies from figis got a couple toys for my grandson at work. cars /trucks toy blaster gun. some food gifts from work cobbler and mix coffee and some choclates

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Picked up some stocking stuffers while at grocery store!

Another bag of Brookside chocolate and a mini bottle of hot sauce for sister's BF
A bag of Jolly Ranchers for my sister's stocking
A can of cashews for DH's stocking

Also bought a wedge of Asiago cheese - exp date is WELL past Christmas - and I want to put a couple wedges of Asiago, Romano or Parmesan in each Italian basket so I'm just going to start picking one up a trip for now and tuck them into the downstairs fridge so they don't get used!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up DH big presents yesterday. Got him an external hard drive that he wants to back up data on the computer. Got him 5 gift cards of $50 from the hardware. he wants to buy shelving for the garage at the farm so hopefully the gift cards will be handy.
Got a few more stocking fillers for DD BF so I am pretty happy with his stocking for this year.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I need an external hard drive too, which one did you buy Katrina?

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I have managed to do some Christmas shopping in the last week. I have also did some sewing of doll clothes to add too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I need an external hard drive too, which one did you buy Katrina?
Lucie, I bought the Toshiba USB 3.0 Hard Drive. It is 3TB and uses a USB cable instead of batteries. It was $139 AUD.

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I finally got busy on shopping for my husband. Ordered some movies and cd's from target. Hope to check out a few ideas at Walmart this weekend.

conniemac

MHH Member
Oct 20, 2007
I have been shopping since October 1st!
So Far:

DH - ordered custom made cowboy hat. (of course he had to be sized so no surprise for him), some Tommy Johns underwear, his favorite candy. Just need to fill his stocking and I will be done with him!

DS22 - Tommy Johns underwear, pjs, batteries (big pack from Costco), candy, some little fun stuff, gift cards. Still need to get him an I watch 4 and some jeans and some cash, plus stocking!

DD21- pjs, candy, batteries, gift cards and little stuff. I have no idea what else to get her. She already has an I watch and isn't in to jewelry or makeup. Probably just take her shopping and also give her a large check. She always needs money! Plus her stocking!

I have no idea what to give my in-laws. I already gave my parents their gifts when I visited them in October.
I'm about 75% done with shopping!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I bought home hair wraps, a cute trash can and a steering wheel cover for dd's car, and some specialty coffee as hostess gifts and the "Oh shoot! I forgot to get something for _____" gift.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I picked up a pullover and a long sleeve casual shirt for DH while out this weekend. Need to review my gift lists pronto - want to make sure I have all items to be shipped under control! Working on my Black Friday lists too - there are some things I want to snag for gifts from those sales as well!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH ordered himself a DVD and it arrived yesterday. I will wrap that from the pups as a gift.
Will be doing a big wrapping day on Thursday so will know what else I need to get.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, what a great gift. Never thought of doing that.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina I love books but the kids Don't want any so I offer them a magazine subscription if they want. DS only asked for it once (but he does subscribe to a magazine on his own). Dd now asks every year .. sometimes for her birthday, somtimes for Christmas and it's never the same one. :)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I have been an ordering fool these few days. Got DH almost done, just need to get some DVD and stocking stuffers. I have most of my shopping list for Black Friday done and as long as I can get everything on my list I will be 90% done by the end of Thanksgivings weekend.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
DS was asking a while back for a "big boy" watch so I picked up one I "hope" he will like - it is a kids watch but doesn't look like one if that makes any sense? lol

I don't imagine I make any sense right now because I am delirious. Up until 1:30 AM last night with work events - fighting getting sick - feeling very overwhelmed and in need of time to REVIEW MY LISTS.

I'm sure I'm not as bad off as I feel right now - I'm hitting that point where you are just sure you don't have enough even planned to buy for XYZ person. Do I have these siblings even? And so it goes... :)

I have not even finished going through all the BF ads yet let alone make my final shopping list and game plan...that will help me feel better I think.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ. hope that you feel better soon.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ you ARE ahead of the game! you do so much for everybody! go!go!go!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
AJ, I know that feeling well. I've been feeling that way a little my self. I was convinced that all I had for my husband was underware and socks but when I wrapped I did have more. I'm sure you are in pretty good shape. I think a lot has to do with we are so close to the big day. And these darn days just blow by sooo fast.

My pension check hit so I was able to escape today and shop till I drop. Was able to get a jacket my husband was wanting on sale and a bunch of "stuff" I've been wanting to pick up. A few things at the grocery store for my son and some lottery tickets. Ordered a couple of things from amazon.
All I have left is a couple of gift cards I'll get BF when the store has double points and order a few movies from target BF and I'm done. Anything I didn't buy can carry over to next years list.