Gift closet 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
did some shopping today got a vest for my son inlaw i bought batteries for stocking stuffers a scarf for my daughter some food items for gifts

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS and I just sat down and wrote his gift list. I stressed how important it is to not wait until Christmas Eve to go shopping :rolleyes:
I just tidied the gift closet. I have a few things already for next year so popped those into the proper boxes.
DD and BF birthdays are in January. I bought her a whole bunch of baking pans yesterday that were on sale for 50% off so that will be a great start for her.
Not sure what to get BF yet but still have time.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DD and BF birthdays are in January. I bought her a whole bunch of baking pans yesterday that were on sale for 50% off so that will be a great start for her.
Not sure what to get BF yet but still have time.

He gets the cake and cookie mixes!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got some fancy coffee for hostess gift for my sil. Still need to find something else, it'll be a gift from all the family to her.
Got some fancy chocolate for ME, will probably go in my advent calendar

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ordered a couple more Target beauty boxes yesterday - the holiday version this time - $7 each + free shipping :)

They will be stocking stuffers for two more on my list.

Also got two blocks of cheese (kind that doesn't have to go in fridge) for Movie Night Gift Boxes and a jar of Nutella for my girls out in CO - they love the stuff and I wanted to slip a jar into their box as a little extra treat!

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ordered some things from Kohls online BF sale - a couple of glitter manicure sets and boxed earring sets for the twins - PJ set for their mama, an avocado face mask for a stocking stuffer - all free in store pickup and I earned $15 Kohls cash - supah sweet!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, good shopping. We don't have BF here but I have seen over the last few weeks that some stores are trying to introduce it. I will have a look and see what bargains I might find but it will be more for next years birthdays as I have finished with Christmas.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
BF is just starting here the past couple of years, I Don't think there are many good sales except for some electronics.
Received velvet jackets for 2nieces for Christmas from Walmart, will add some $ and their gifts are done. Will check the gift closet this weekend but I think I'm almost good to go.
Stopped by the dépanneur on the way to work, got more stamps for cards and a Christmas magazine for me (have barely looked at it as it is a SURPRISE in my advent calendar :) ) and a hockey magazine for ds

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just back from the mall. A lot of shops are advertising BF in their windows. I did not look at anything as I am done for the year. I will start again in the Boxing Day sales.

Reactions: luludou

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ordered a vest from tractor supply and some movies from target on BF for my husband. This is the first year in a long time I didn't go out for BF. We went out together to get cat litter for the year and that was it.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Well the gift closet has just overflowed into the bedroom LOL ... No way I could fit anymore gifts in the closet unless I didnt want to have access to my clothes. THe bright side is we about 95 % done shopping for this year. Just need a couple small items for a gift basket, a few stocking stuffers and a gift card. Once we are finished decorating for Christmas I will start wrapping so that should help the bedroom look less like the back of the fedex truck and more like a bedroom again.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I've started buying! I ordered DH's big gift last week and am hoping it will be here for Christmas, they said 4-5 weeks, i'm hoping 4 because that would be the week before Christmas. He's getting a seatback for the bike. We have mine but he needs one for him. I also bought a sign for him at the craft fair.

We have gotten DD a sequin pillow a while back and most recently an electric throw blanket on Black Friday. I picked her up two hand sanitizers for her stocking a couple weeks ago as well. For DS we got him Airpods so far. Eli has a couple Beyblade items and a Nerf Challenge thing that you throw velcro balls at. It's really like a tailgating game but he had so much fun with it at a birthday party that I had to get him his own.

I actually have a few things in my Target cart right now for the cyber Monday sales that are starting today. A Nerf gun and a set of bullets for Eli (BOGO 50% off and a Harry Potter Lego set (on sale) for DD. I just need to check out. I will have them shipped since it's free shipping and one of the items isn't available for store pickup.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, love your description of your bedroom. Seems like you are just about done.
Jess, hopefully the gifts get delivered in time. Seems like you are getting some great buys too.

I thought I was done but DH told me he wanted a new pepper grinder as his is broken. Got one on sale and it should be delivered in a few days. Glad he told me while they were still 50%off. Will need to wrap that when it gets here.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
LOL at Minta's description! I completely understand.

I took advantage of the BF sales in the stores and online! I have almost all of my shopping done. I am so happy about that. I think this is the most I've gotten done by Thanksgiving weekend in a long time.

I really really thought that I would get the gifts wrapped this weekend but it didn't work out for me. :( Dd wanted me to go with her to do some shopping for her sister on Saturday. I got home and then dh wanted me to go shopping with him. Then Saturday night the kids found some old Christmas programs on YouTube that they wanted to watch together so we did. It's rare to have everyone home at once. Today we had a last minute brunch invite to my in-laws so we went. When we got home, we decided to put up the Christmas lights since it wasn't raining. So all of my wrapping opportunities vanished this weekend.

I did spend a few hours putting all the clothes that I've bought so far into boxes. I'm motivated to get the wrapping done between now and Wednesday since the online orders will be arriving in the next week or two.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I picked up a ton of stuff for our adopted family last Thursday morning at Meijer - was there at 6AM when sale started - ugh! Ordered a few things online for them as well. And I ordered a couple of gifts off of my sister's boyfriends Amazon list.

Went through gift closet last night and found several lego sets, etc. that will work for the adopted family as well.

Will be doing some online ordering today too I imagine. :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have been ordering things left and right - my sister is DONE! Her boyfriend is DONE (except for some coffee beans I need to pick up)

The main person I still need to shop for is DH - he has yet to finish his Amazon wish list but I think he will do that over the next couple of days.

Really, I'm down to last little finishing touches for most everyone on my list.

DS is going to make out his wish list for Santa - at which point I'll reassign items from Christmas gifts to birthday gifts (Feb) as needed. But I think most of the things I've gotten for him would be on his list. I'll have to do some prompting during list writing time :)

I do need to prompt co-workers about our adopted family at work and try to finish that shopping this weekend. We don't have to wrap it, thanks goodness!

I need to get clothes for the 14 year old boy - feel like I missed the boat on the Meijer sale on thanksgiving - I should have gotten things then! Got confused because the 8 yr old was listed as size 14/16 or XL and the 14 year old was listed as Size XL - I am ASSUMING the 14 yr old is XL in young men's sizes???

Gift receipts! But then I worry - do they have transportation to even get back to the store in question - I really want to just get it right but I need to just do my best and let it go. Or my eye is going to start twitching again.

Reactions: luludou

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am hoping to get DH to help pull everything from the gift closet and do inventory. I think I have to much for one and not enough for DD(32). The newlyweds are done. Tickets to the Russian Art Museum arrived in the mail yesterday. DS27 gift was bought in the spring. Gift tickets to see one of his favorite comedian. He does want a DVD. I am guessing I have enough for everyone.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Seems like we are all on the home stretch now. What a lot of work we have done!! Just waiting for DH last gift to arrive.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm buttoning up all the little loose ends finally!

DH is my problem. He says he can't think of anything to add to his wish list. that if he wants something he just goes out and buys it. :confused: