Gift closet 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to some second hand shops yesterday, we call then Op Shops.
Picked up 3 gently used books that I will put in DH stocking and one each in the kids "stay up late" bags.

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, I do a gift for the kids that I call a Stay up late bag. I include DVD, potato chips, bottle of soft drink, a box of savory biscuits, bag of chocolates, bag of lollies, coffee mix, book, etc.
It started years ago when the kids were teenagers and would want to stay up late at night or pull an all nighter and watch a movie.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up a layby on Thursday. It contains a few books and toys that I got at a great price after Christmas, they will be wrapped and put under the charity Christmas tree in December. A few bits and pieces mainly underwear for everyone.
Stocking boxes are looking fairly good at this stage, need to decide what I might want to buy FIL and start looking at that. Last year I did him a food hamper, sort of like Christmas day in a bag and apparently he enjoyed that.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im doing pretty well too. But Im just about to raid my gift supply. I buy as I see, put it away then raid it as needed for birthdays etc.... Lukes birthday is coming up so off to the gift shop in my house I go.....

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, good to always be that little bit ahead. i have gifts in the closet for all the birthdays until July. Doing a little dance!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I picked up a cute oven mitt set and some coordinating towels last weekend - will do a kitchen theme set for a girlfriend this year - a different one than I did the set for last year :) The colors will go well with the Pioneer Woman items I see at Walmart - like the little ceramic measuring bowls, etc. Will look to pick those up next time I go!

Also go a few jars of sun dried tomatoes, etc. that will work well in one of the 3 Italian gift baskets I have planned this year. Or I'll do one jar in each!

Also picked up a squish emoji ball and a mini slinky that I'll put with my stash of things for the advent calendar this year.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Sounds like everyone is doing great ... I've got next to nothing bought LOL but that's ok. I am putting money into the Christmas Club so that counts. I did decide this morning that I will do a coffee basket for my FIL for Christmas this year. He has keurig so I will get him assorted coffee pods and some sugar free coffee syrup. I keep some at our place when he comes over so I know he enjoys those syrups. I think I might add a coffee mug with the picture of all the grandkids on ether too.

Reactions: tanya

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, the coffee basket sounds like a wonderful gift. I like the coffee mug idea.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
does anyone do a sock holiday buy socks for the holidays during the year and then give on christmas?

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I've done it with socks and with hand towels for baskets.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I like the hand towel idea but I am thinking of tea towels. I saw some gorgeous Easter tea towels last week but they were $9.95 each. I asked the girl if they will be reduced and she said they would. I think I will grab some when they are and do a tea towel pack for my mum.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Snagged a bottle of red OPI nail polish on Amazon for a little over $4! Will put cotton balls in the bottom of a quart mason jar, add nail polish, small bottle of nail polish remover, emery board, etc. and gift to a girlfriend who has a birthday coming up in a few weeks!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, love that idea for a gift. Thoughtful and very useful. I am sure that she will love it.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tidied the gift closet yesterday and updated the planner. Updating the planner and the small notebook I carry is vital, I saw something yesterday that I thought was a great buy but when I looked in my notebook I realised that I had already purchased that item. Saved a bit of money.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went to the mall and finally got the Easter tea towels that I have been looking at. 50% off all Easter today in this particular shop. Also got 2 ceramic bunnies so the 4 items came to $15.00, very happy.
Got DD a sunscreen/nutritive oil reduced from $36.99 to $7.99. It is a French brand that she uses a lot so I was happy to get that for her.
This same shop had items that were buy one get one free. I got a set of Peony Rose scented satchets for in drawers and I got a pack of scented bath salts for free, I will make a gift of these for my mum or DD, not sure yet.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina you are doing so great on the bargains and gift buying!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I picked up nail polish remover for birthday gift - and a really pretty emery board to add to the other one!

Also got some pink glitter washi tape I'll use to make cupcake flags that are part of a gift I'm planning for this Christmas.