Gift closet 2018

Discussion in 'Gifts & Giving' started by luludou, Dec 30, 2017.

1. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Went to the mall today. I am doing DD a pool party basket. I got serviettes, plastic cups with a pineapple motif. In KMart I got cocktail umbrellas, some cocktail sticks, a blow up flamingo, a set of three hanging pineapples and some bags to make ice cubes. I will add a candle, some insect repellent and maybe a bottle of mojito mix or something similar. Christmas is Summer here so I am sure that she will get some great use out of it.

2. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

That is a GREAT basket theme, Katrina! She is going to love it!

sweetpumkinpye and Minta like this.
  3. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Stopped at ToysRUS again today and got one of our nieces done for Christmas and her birthday, picked another gift for our son and put more money onto the Christmas Club this weekend. Took my mom with us and she picked up a couple gifts for the kids for Christmas too.

4. sweetpumkinpye

Minta, sounds like a very successful trip.

Minta likes this.
  5. AuntJamelle

Rain gauge for DMIL's gardening gift basket arrived - tucked it away in gift closet!

Minta likes this.
  6. sweetpumkinpye

Sitting here with my planner trying to come up with lists for the back half of the year.
    Time to start looking a menus and what I need to perhaps start stockpiling. Also need to double check the stockings so far and write lists of what I still may need.
    I start to hit a mild panic come June, the front part of the year has gone so quickly and I know that the next 6 months will go equally as quick.

AuntJamelle and Minta like this.
  7. AuntJamelle

Picked up plant markers and velcro style roll of material you use to tie up plants for the gardening gift baskets!

sweetpumkinpye and Minta like this.
  8. sweetpumkinpye

Got some stainless steel pegs and bamboo sox in the post yesterday. Need to order some string bags off ebay. Wanting to replace some things here with more sustainable options.

Minta likes this.
  9. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Checked off a few more gifts. Ordered the kids their main christmas gifts the other day and picked up a glass snowman candle holder last night from Yankee candle for an extended family member.

10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

We just decided about out secret Santa gifts. Several family members are on limited budgets so we are going with a reuse, repurpose theme. I think it will be hardest on the is DS who has a nice income with limited expenses lol. Mom already has her gift shopped from her house. She has a yellow teapot.

11. sweetpumkinpye

I have posted this before but for a gift exchange idea (as in a Secret Santa).

A few years ago my boss and her friends did a book swap for Christmas. The idea was that they all wrapped up a book that they had read throughout the year and that they had really enjoyed. Everyone went home with a new book to read.
    I thought that this was a marvelous idea.

PamelaG likes this.
  12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Nice idea about the books as a gift.

13. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

We've also done a book exchange as a Bingo game prize which could be done during the holidays. Everyone brings a book wrapped in brown paper with five words (clues) written on the front. If you win a Bingo game, you get to chose which book you would like. I think there was a white elephant component in there too so there was some stealing going on. It was a lot of fun.

14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I like the book exchange!

15. AuntJamelle

Books are always great!

Bought 4 large stainless steel cooling racks from Amazon - 2 for each of the baking/cooking themed gift baskets I'm doing for the twins (honorary nieces)

16. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

bought a planner for a gift today we have some nice ones at work.

17. sweetpumkinpye

Got a few more things for a food hamper that I am doing for DH father. He likes to receive one every year and I try to make sure he has things for Christmas breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as snacks.
    He lives about 2 hours from us so I can't really pack fresh items so we give him a GC to the local supermarket for the fresh items.

Minta likes this.