Gift closet 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I went to a zero waste-make your own products work shop last night. Was hoping that there would be some quick and easy recipes to make as gifts.
Made DW powder, a face mask, a deodorant and an all purpose cleaner for the home. Not sure if I will make as gifts as some of the ingredients are hard to source.

Reactions: luludou

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Got my baskets today. I ended up getting metal tobacco baskets because that was all they had left. It was considerably cleared out at my Hobby Lobby. I am so glad I grabbed them.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I never shop in hobby lobby don't know why. Will have to stop. they have fabric - I probably shouldn't stop. Lol.
Hit kohls yesterday to do a return and ended up with t shirts for my son ( some off the clearence rack) and a few more boxes of bags for his vaccum sealer ( his big gift from me).
I saw a scarf at a gift shop in hartville that I think I will go back and get tomorrow for a friend. Was going to go back today but realized it's Wednesday and many places are closed due to the large Mennonite community. I hope it's still there.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I caved and picked up a Harry Potter Lego set at Target today. Vic and Sophia had a blast putting together The Big Bang Theory set a couple of years ago - gets them both away from their electronics and doing something together - and they are big Harry Potter fans so I think they'll get a kick out of it.

Harry Potter Lego.jpg

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela, this is so cool. DD loves Harry Potter. I will have a look and see if I can find something similar.

Reactions: PamelaG

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got DH a shirt from Target yesterday but I think it will be too small. Hoping that I can exchange it for a larger one. If not I might have to find someone else to give it to.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Pamela, this is so cool. DD loves Harry Potter. I will have a look and see if I can find something similar.
They have Hogwart's online, didn't see it in the store, but it's a bit more complicated and quite a bit more expensive.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i ordered a t shirt from amazon for me christmas vacation t shirt love that movie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
They have Hogwart's online, didn't see it in the store, but it's a bit more complicated and quite a bit more expensive
Thanks Pamela, I will have a look. I am sure that it is something that DD and her BF would enjoy doing.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
I have put away for this Christmas a hummingbird feeder for my in-laws. It will go nicely with the bird feeder we got them last year. Some bath items for the grandchildren. Couple outfits for DGD 18 inch doll and that’s it unless you count a knit kit for a 18inch doll outfit and the fabric for a nightgown.

Reactions: luludou

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
bought a planner for my daughter . i have one now for each of my 3 daughters

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Housewife. What type of planners did you buy? Looking for something a little different this year.

Have added a doll sleeping bag along with a doll hat/scarf set to the gift closet. Need to start watching for flannel to come on sale for grandsons pj’s.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Housewife. What type of planners did you buy? Looking for something a little different this year.

Have added a doll sleeping bag along with a doll hat/scarf set to the gift closet. Need to start watching for flannel to come on sale for grandsons pj’s.
I'm planner-curious too. I have used Erin Condren and the Happy Planner that Michaels sells. I wasn't crazy about the large size of the Happy Planner rings and I noticed Michaels has some Recollections planners that look very similar to Erin Condren with the coil. Much cheaper than EC.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am starting to think of what planner I will purchase next too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I received a Led christmas cushion form an online order. I think the elf will bring it!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i have planners that feature on the front flowers and spring time pic each on the page one is from the beach out on a boat pic i have a flamingo one. it has plenty of space lots of pages to write on plan all kinds of stickers to use it starts with what ever month you want to start with its about the size of a composition book lots of pages to write on

Reactions: AuntJamelle

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished gifts for people at my work, simple home made bookmarks. Glad to have that off the list.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I found the Lego castle DD5 wants 40% off, so I grabbed it and another Lego set 50% off. She has newborn-sized dolls and wants clothes for them, so I got some really cute $40 newborn outfits from Children's Place marked down to $1.99 each.
DD7 is so hard to buy for. She's already made her list this year - one item, a $130 Lego set. Sure hoping I can find a deal on it!
That Hogwarts castle is really nice because you get all the characters. She debated that one and the Lego Friends set she ended up asking for. (Lego actually has a $499 Hogwarts out this year -WAY over my budget!!)