Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
A little early, but I've already started picking up marked down items for next year. I guess that is a result of after Christmas sales being so picked over in recent years!!!

Let's share what we're finding!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Lots of markdowns at JoAnn's right now - picked up a 7 pack of shower gels and a 4 pack of lotions - all holiday scents. Will break apart both of them and use for the 4 teacher gifts next year with a few extra to throw in other stockings!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I love this thread. Will be keeping an eye out for great ideas for the closet for 2019. It is never too early to start.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I found 3 nice cook books at dollar tree for my son today.
I haven't had the time to go to joanns. Last time I was in I found small cutting mats with a couple of quilt squares as a set on clearence. Will be nice for the cousins. I hope they still have some "good stuff" dec 26.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I will start shopping for next year on Dec 26th. Already have ideas on several homemade gifts for next year so I will be keeping on eye on items I needs for these and when they go on sale or the store has a 50% off coupons I will start buying.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have one idea for mum already. She likes lavender and I picked up a soap and talc in lavender scent. I will add a candle and a few other things as I find them,
Will sit down over the next few days and start having a think about what to do for everyone for next year.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm going to try to do this but I have to have a game plan. I know this about myself - I can't buy aimlessly. I am hoping to get out early on Dec. 26th.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Went to Walmart this morning and picked up 2 new ornaments for each of the kids for next Christmas. Got wrapping paper and tissue paper for next Christmas too. Since they didn't stock up as much product before Christmas there wasnt as much of a selection left.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have not been shopping and I am not sure if I will. I have started a list though of a few things I want to keep an eye out for. I was looking for red sheets for my bed so that I could set it up for Christmas, they are nowhere to be found.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I went to bath and body works and bed, bath, beyond for candles for my son. I stocked up on tissue paper and wrapping paper at dollar tree. I thought overall the stores seemed pretty well picked clean.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got my usual restock of gift wrap supplies, cookie tins/boxes, etc.

Also picked up next year's teacher gifts, some stocking stuffers and a few things for DS's birthday in Feb. I'm pretty happy!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I went to Joann's today. Got stuff for Christmas 2019 and a couple of decorations I had been wanting for 75% off. I saved a lot. I did not purchase but 3 things for Christmas this year since I was decluttering.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went to Walmart yesterday and picked up some of those netting lights for bushes. One of ours was half way out. I saw four rolls of Christmas wrapping paper. :eek: I don't know what happened to the rest of it. It wasn't the size I was looking to get so I didn't get any. I did pick up 100 sq. ft. of parchment paper that was with the gingerbread house kits. It was $2.50.

Then I headed to Bath and Body Works. I got a number of soaps and lotions to use for an auction theme basket donations. I checked out Michael's Craft Store but it was picked over. Their sale was 70% off Christmas items.

Kohls had some autumn kitchen towels marked down 60% and Christmas kitchen towels marked down 50%. They will go nicely with the Bath and Body Work items.

I may check out Target and Hobby Lobby next week. We have parties the next three days that I have to get ready for here.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I started a Christmas Gift tote the other day. It's huge, one of those I could fit in and I'm not a little person, short but not little. I have some ornaments for DS and a sign for him. Now I have a place to put things as I get them. I did find the Night Before Christmas Book that I have been telling DS I gave to him. lol Now it's where I can find it next year. I labeled totes today.

At Walmart I picked up medium sized gift bags so that is in the Christmas Gift bag tote. Hopefully next year I will not forget or not be able to find items. I am notorious for tucking away things in a spot I won't forget.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went to two places tonight, one only had 20% off and not worth it, other had almost nothing left. Did buy an ugly Christmas sweater at 50% at walmart online

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just back from the mall. I got there just after 9am and it was pretty quiet, by the time I left it was busy. I am not sure if people are shopping or just at the mall to get out of the heat.
I picked up a few things everything was at least 50% off. Soap on a rope for boys stockings $1.00 each. Hand cream and scrub set in cranberry $5.00.
triple pack of good quality Australian foot care set for $14.00(for Mum) Linen look shopping bags that I will applique a Christmas design on $1.00 each. I will use them to "wrap" gifts in. Men's grooming kit, face wash, shave balm etc, $5.00. Some Christmas ornaments for 75% off.
I did not even look at paper, tags or ribbons because I looked at all that yesterday and know that I am fine for all of that.
things were pretty picked over but I am pleased with what I got, it is a good start.

p.a.

Premiere Member
Oct 31, 2007
I started a Christmas Gift tote the other day. It's huge, one of those I could fit in and I'm not a little person, short but not little. I have some ornaments for DS and a sign for him. Now I have a place to put things as I get them. I did find the Night Before Christmas Book that I have been telling DS I gave to him. lol Now it's where I can find it next year. I labeled totes today.

At Walmart I picked up medium sized gift bags so that is in the Christmas Gift bag tote. Hopefully next year I will not forget or not be able to find items. I am notorious for tucking away things in a spot I won't forget.
Deidre idothat every year,,,ill find somthing months later. Mygirls just laughand expect it now.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I found a Sonic electric toothbrush ($15) and a set of Star Wars toothpaste, mouthwash, floss and a batter powered toothbrush kit for $5 in the pharmacy section at Walmart. I never think to look in that section for after Christmas specials. Dh went to check out a plastic Polar Express Train set for $5.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i only went to target and picked up red dishcloths i didnt see anything else havent went anywhere else yet

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
It's true that Christmas clearance can be tucked away in multiple places in the big box stores - Walmart, Meijer and Target come to mind! I try to walk around in places I normally wouldn't!