Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up a Harry Potter Recipe book for my daughter the other day. I am debating if I want to put it in her Easter basket or wait until Christmas.

My DD is a Harry Potter enthusiast. She would love this. What a great find.

Reactions: Minta

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Happened to stop at kohls and found cuddle duds sheets on clearence. They were 10.61 for a queen size set after my coupons I had. I also found a mixing bowl set on clearence and socks, all for my son. Their actual Christmas stuff was still not marked down past 50% even though the sign said 50-80% off. I have my eye on a few things but will just wait.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a few little things today for the gift closet. Got DS a reed diffuser that he can place in his bathroom. It is hard to find manly smells, this one is a eucalyptus scent and will be nice.
I picked up a series of "Guess how much I love you" books, the set of 5 was $9.00 and I thought they would be nice for some one who is having a baby.
Not much else for stockings or gifts today.

Rose94

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ontario Canadaa
Myron’s mom. Around here anything Christmas related was taken off the shelves a month ago. Good luck getting what you want at a better price.

Added some peanuts coasters (Christmas) and a unicorn (Dec b-day) to my gift closet along with some Harry Potters candy for Easter baskets.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Rose, a bunch of the stores here still have it out. Not much but always worth picking through.
I found a cupcake and cookie decorating book at dollar tree. Of course I had to have one for me and got 2 for my cousins. I got a amazon gift card at the grocery store for my son, the store won't carry them after march and I wanted to earn my fuel perks.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I've seen some lighted Christmas hats on amazon (half price on AllieExpress), might order a few for Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I saw the DVD Die Hard on a department store website. This version has a cover that looks like a Christmas sweater. There is great debate whether or not it is a Christmas movie. Anyway got one each for DS and DB.
Picked up a few stocking fillers when doing groceries today, nothing terribly exciting.

Reactions: luludou

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Ordered shirts for my husband from kohls. They had the kind he likes, in his size and on sale. Also picked up some Pyrex storage containers for my son ( and me). Found sons shower gel on sale at the grocery store. I think I've reach my quota on that now, need to check my list. And I found the prayer boxes at dollar tree I've been looking for. cant believe it's march already. It will be time to start wrapping before we know it!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, I feel the same....March! Where is the year going?
I love when you can get what you are looking for on sale.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i got some clothes for gifts a couple jackets and shirts for my grandson some thermals for my son and 2 hats for my son inlaw

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Faye, looks like you picked up some great items.
A great time to be looking at clearance items to put away for next year. Summer stuff is getting reduced here. I don't need clothes for myself but will look to see if there is anything for DS or DD.
Time for items like cooler bags, ice bricks, drink bottles, bbq equipment, sunblock, bug repellent to be cleared, so great to pick up now and put away for the end of the year.

Reactions: housewife2

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I forgot to add:
2 Christmas boxers (underwear) for ds and dh
1 Christmas pj Bottom for dd
I found quite a few men shirts too but they will probably be for upcoming birthdays.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got some small gifts from Target, a tee shirt for DS, a pair of shorts for DDBF, a DVD Batman Vs Superman that was $5 and will be put in DH stocking.
got DD a Harry Potter jigsaw, and I saw a sewing kit that will be good to have on hand.
Target had small tubes of wipes that are like tablets and when you wet them they expand into a hand and face wipe. Sort of like those magic towels except paper. Got a few of those for stocking fillers.
Ordered some cooling gym towels from ebay that I thought would be good for DS for work next Summer.

Need to update planner and closet, but doing reasonably well for March.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
got a few more flannel shirts a jacket and 2 t shirts for christmas gifts, guys are done now to find female gifts but they arent hard like guys to me

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
My gift closet is very bare. Two pairs of Victoria's Secret smalls (what we call undies) because I get a buy one, get one free coupon every few months and pick them up for Sophia. I'm thinking about another 24 Days of Smalls advent calendar for her again this year, or maybe one interspersed with some gift cards because she can always use those. Oh, I forgot, I also have three or four crystal bowls/candy dishes that I got when they were drastically reduced - I want to say 80 or 90% off - I thought I would keep them on hand for hostess gifts. Filled with Christmas truffles and wrapped up with cellophane, they will make great gifts. I took photos of two small electronic measuring tools the home inspector used - must pick those up for Vic's stocking.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela, it won't take long for you to get that closet filled. Great idea on the undies (we call them undies too) advent calendar. My family get new undies every year.
Great job on the candy dishes, they will make beautiful gifts.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
stopped at tj maxx they had a nice sale on storage bowls a juicer a lunch tote with thermos and i got a container for soup and sandwich. will be good gifts for all my daughters

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Faye, good pick ups.
I am thinking of doing DS a similar thing. A new lunch box, cooling towels, some gatorade and maybe some snacks that he can use for work. I have the cooling towels on order so will see.
Got DD a nail shaper (nail file) and a buffer the other day. I think I will put those in a little gift bag along with some cuticle oil and a hand cream and maybe a nail polish and that can be a little gift for under the tree. Doesn't need to be a lot and I am sure that she will like it.

Doing ok for the stockings, need to think of some more ideas for presents especially for the boys.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Picked up quite a few things yesterday when I was shopping. Have now got the cuticle oil for DD nail gift bag so that is done.
The cooling towels for DS have arrived and I also picked up a lot of stocking fillers yesterday so am doing better with the stockings.
Will sit down with DS this weekend and try and get an idea of things that he may be thinking about for gifts.