Gift Closet 2019...

Discussion in 'Gifts & Giving' started by AuntJamelle, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Stopped in the kmart today and picked up a couple scarf sets, one will be for my DD and one for the oldest niece. Also found some boot cuffs for my DD and some thermal socks for DH .. all marked down.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Minta, sounds like you picked up some great bargains. Great to get a few gifts ticked off the list so early in the year.

Minta and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I miss K-Mart. Closed all of them around here.

Ahorsesoul and Minta like this.
  4. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

The closest Kmart to me is the one near my job so I only go there during lunch breaks when I have the time. The have closed a lot around me too.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

yes all around me are closed i worked there for 8 years loved it.

6. sweetpumkinpye

Our K-Mart here is still opened but there are times when it looks like it is closing. They have stopped selling DVD's and they don't stock a lot of books. They still have a lot of clothes and kitchenware. I know that a lot more people are shopping on line but I am still a walk around the aisles, having a look kind of shopper. I feel sorry for older folk who can't shop on line.

7. Rose94

Rose94 Active Member

Have added to my gift bin. Put some little cross stitch figures with the grandchildren initials in the gift bin. One more item off my Christmas list.

8. housewife2

picked up a wallet and a iron skillet frying pan from work today. 70% off

Minta likes this.
  9. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

I miss KMart too! Closest is over an hour away now! :( I found the best dishes, platters, etc. there!

Visited Tuesday Morning again and came away with 7 really beautiful greeting cards for birthdays - the kind that would easily run $7-$9 but were only $1.99 each - so have those tucked away!

Also got another little mini notebook in very pretty floral cover as a stocking stuffer.

3 large bars of French soap - also for stuffers...

Two more dog toys for their stockings...

:)

Minta likes this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Do you have a Dollar Tree near you? They have a whole line of Hallmark cards - at my store, one large section is 50 cents per card, the other section is $1 per card. A great bargain.

Minta, housewife2 and AuntJamelle like this.
  11. AuntJamelle

I totally do - will have to remember that - thank you! You rock!

I normally try to make all the birthday cards, etc. I send each year - but the ones I found were just so lovely - and at the price I just gave in and got them. I'll still craft some cards this year but now I have less on my to do list!

But there is always a last minute unexpected need for a card and I really HATE paying full price at Walgreens or something. TOTALLY going to Dollar Tree from now on!

Minta likes this.
  12. Rose94

Rose94 Active Member

Sounds like the next time I visit the states I will have to check out Tuesday morning.
    As far as Kmart there hasn’t been one here in over 20 years. Been a couple years since I visited a Kmart in the states.

Have another dishcloth ready for the gift closet.

Minta and AuntJamelle like this.
  13. AuntJamelle

Ordered DH's birthday gifts from Amazon. Tried to hit Tuesday Morning and TJ Maxx for birthday present for close friend - struck out. Will head to the mall tomorrow I think!

Minta likes this.
  14. housewife2

got 2 mixing bowls today and a pitcher for my chef son in law. great deals when the are on sale 70%off at work. country living display

Minta and AuntJamelle like this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

Everyone is getting some great deals at the moment.
    Greeting cards are something that I always like to have a great stash of. I am always looking for a card for an event and am glad when I can go to the drawer I keep them in and just grab one.

Minta likes this.
  16. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

We have 2 Kmarts reasonably close (40 minutes). I'm a big fan of Tuesday morning and I like home goods too. I am surprised at the quality of cards at dollar tree! I got some beautiful easter cards there. They have really stepped up their card quality. I shop at dollar tree at least once a week.
    I picked up a bunch of handsoaps last week at bath and body when they were on sale and a candel for my son. Kohls had golf clothes on sale so I got my son several shirts and shorts and another shirt for my husband. Kohls sent me a 40% off coupon ( that never happens to me!) so I bought dockers for my husband. I know I got something else but can't remember but atleast it's tucked away safely for Christmas.

Ahorsesoul, Minta and AuntJamelle like this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

MM, great finds. I always feel very pleased when I tuck a whole haul away in the cupboard to use for later.

18. Rose94

Rose94 Active Member

Myron’s mom. Great deals and your gift closet must be getting pretty full.

19. sweetpumkinpye

Popped into a large department store last week after doing the taxes. Picked up teatowels that I had on order. Also picked up a few stocking fillers, got DS and DB a pineapple slicer and corer, got mum a tee shirt in a lovely french blue colour that was reduced to $3. Bonus items but I was pleased to get them.

Holiday_Mom, Minta and Ahorsesoul like this.
  20. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

I was walking pass the clearance tables that Walmart had set up by the registers. They had 4 Christmas dishtowels for $.10 a towel. I took the last four towels. It's been ages since I saw that price!