Gift Closet 2019...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Stopped in the kmart today and picked up a couple scarf sets, one will be for my DD and one for the oldest niece. Also found some boot cuffs for my DD and some thermal socks for DH .. all marked down.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Minta, sounds like you picked up some great bargains. Great to get a few gifts ticked off the list so early in the year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Our K-Mart here is still opened but there are times when it looks like it is closing. They have stopped selling DVD's and they don't stock a lot of books. They still have a lot of clothes and kitchenware. I know that a lot more people are shopping on line but I am still a walk around the aisles, having a look kind of shopper. I feel sorry for older folk who can't shop on line.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
picked up a wallet and a iron skillet frying pan from work today. 70% off

Reactions: Minta

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I miss KMart too! Closest is over an hour away now! :( I found the best dishes, platters, etc. there!

Visited Tuesday Morning again and came away with 7 really beautiful greeting cards for birthdays - the kind that would easily run $7-$9 but were only $1.99 each - so have those tucked away!

Also got another little mini notebook in very pretty floral cover as a stocking stuffer.

3 large bars of French soap - also for stuffers...

Two more dog toys for their stockings...

:)

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I miss KMart too! Closest is over an hour away now! :( I found the best dishes, platters, etc. there!

Visited Tuesday Morning again and came away with 7 really beautiful greeting cards for birthdays - the kind that would easily run $7-$9 but were only $1.99 each - so have those tucked away!

Also got another little mini notebook in very pretty floral cover as a stocking stuffer.

3 large bars of French soap - also for stuffers...

Two more dog toys for their stockings...

:)
Do you have a Dollar Tree near you? They have a whole line of Hallmark cards - at my store, one large section is 50 cents per card, the other section is $1 per card. A great bargain.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I totally do - will have to remember that - thank you! You rock!

I normally try to make all the birthday cards, etc. I send each year - but the ones I found were just so lovely - and at the price I just gave in and got them. I'll still craft some cards this year but now I have less on my to do list!

But there is always a last minute unexpected need for a card and I really HATE paying full price at Walgreens or something. TOTALLY going to Dollar Tree from now on!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ordered DH's birthday gifts from Amazon. Tried to hit Tuesday Morning and TJ Maxx for birthday present for close friend - struck out. Will head to the mall tomorrow I think!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Everyone is getting some great deals at the moment.
Greeting cards are something that I always like to have a great stash of. I am always looking for a card for an event and am glad when I can go to the drawer I keep them in and just grab one.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
We have 2 Kmarts reasonably close (40 minutes). I'm a big fan of Tuesday morning and I like home goods too. I am surprised at the quality of cards at dollar tree! I got some beautiful easter cards there. They have really stepped up their card quality. I shop at dollar tree at least once a week.
I picked up a bunch of handsoaps last week at bath and body when they were on sale and a candel for my son. Kohls had golf clothes on sale so I got my son several shirts and shorts and another shirt for my husband. Kohls sent me a 40% off coupon ( that never happens to me!) so I bought dockers for my husband. I know I got something else but can't remember but atleast it's tucked away safely for Christmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, great finds. I always feel very pleased when I tuck a whole haul away in the cupboard to use for later.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Popped into a large department store last week after doing the taxes. Picked up teatowels that I had on order. Also picked up a few stocking fillers, got DS and DB a pineapple slicer and corer, got mum a tee shirt in a lovely french blue colour that was reduced to $3. Bonus items but I was pleased to get them.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I was walking pass the clearance tables that Walmart had set up by the registers. They had 4 Christmas dishtowels for $.10 a towel. I took the last four towels. It's been ages since I saw that price!