Gift Closet 2020

Discussion in 'Gifts & Giving' started by Myron's Mom, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Picked up a few hallmark ornaments for 75% off earlier this week. They will be used as stocking stuffers for the kids.

Ahorsesoul and sweetpumkinpye like this.
  2. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I haven't done too much yet. I have written a lot of lists and have started on stocking fillers. Will be cutting back a lot this year so have to make sure that what I do buy is needed by the kids.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. sweetpumkinpye

Have been purchasing a few stocking fillers. Got some muscle soak for DS for in the bath and mouthwash was 1/2 price last week.
    Have not really started buying gifts but will hopefully pick up a few things to get me started this week when I go to the mall. Really must try and make a start.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Found some different types of smoked sea salt for my son at Tuesday’s morning. Ordered a Instapot cook book from kohl’s for him too. At the grocery store they had some of the laundry soap we use on clearance so I bought what they had and found a bottle of wine he might like.
    Got my husband a couple of thermal long sleeve t- shirts. Again I have no idea what to get him.

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. sweetpumkinpye

Bought DS a large insulated drink bottle that will be great for next Summer, $7.00 at K-Mart.
    Looking at weekly flyers for ideas of things that may be suitable. I have a lot of notes in my planner but nothing really concrete at this stage.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Dollar General has their lip balm making sets for $2.50--makes 3, bath bombs kits for $2.50--makes 2 hearts, and then some emoji shape bottles of perfume for $2.00. That is there half price amount. I got 2 great nieces each both kits and 2 bottles of perfume and also Teigan. Well, Teigan got all 3 bottles of perfume. The lips for Valentines Day.

2 great nieces done with 4 gifts each for a $9.00 total a piece.

Also got Teigan 2 bath net spongies. A reindeer and snowman. $1.00 each.

I should wrap the nieces and put them away.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. sweetpumkinpye

Lana, some great buys there. I think that craft kits are a great idea.

8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Back at Dollar General yesterday and had the $5.00 coupon if you brought over $25 you got $5.00 off. Got another dress for Teigan. They are $7.00 and just little short sleeves, with 2 pockets and nice for spring/summer. Also got heart shape bath bombs that were for Valentines Day (one has XOXO, one kiss me and the other I love you on them) for 70% off thought for Mothers Day from Teig to sis, and then I got unicorn shaped bath salts bubble gum scented for Christmas for the 2 older nieces and a great neice at 70% off. They also had these 2 little weighted bags star shaped bags for 50% off that say bless our nest.

Nashville Dollar General is alittle bigger than Ashleys. I need to go check Ashleys tho.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Picked up a journal kit where you can decorate the journal cover for one of the nieces for Christmas

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

bought 2 coats

11. Myron's Mom

Lana, I never think to go to Dollar General unless I am in need of something emergent. It’s the closest store to my house.

went to kohl’s since they are doing the 15$ kohl’s cash today and I have 30%. Found for my son another set of flannel sheets, a long sleeve golf shirt and socks. They had the yankee candle Christmas sets on clearance that included the candles and the decorative sleeves so I got the 3 different sets they had. Got my husband some new batik bay shirts and some handkerchiefs that he likes. Starting to feel like I’m making a little headway in my shopping.

sweetpumkinpye and Ahorsesoul like this.
  12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Got some bath confetti for 50 cents a tube for Christmas gifts. Got Teigan a night gown and beach towel for Easter. Yep! At DG. Confetti on clearance.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. Rose94

Rose94 Well-Known Member

Put a set of book sleeves and a matching fabric corner bookmark.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. Myron's Mom

Back to kohl’s to spend all my kohl’s cash. Went to brimfield one to see what they had different. Got my son a nice lime green golf shirt and more socks lol. And for me the last 2 boxes of peppermint bark coffee k cups. Will be nice for Christmas in July. All for free.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

MM good deals. I like the sound of the coffee, very festive

16. Myron's Mom

The peppermint coffee is really good and I’m not a big peppermint fan.
    Went to bath and body works, got my son some Easter hand soaps (apparently b&b hand soaps impress the girls according to my confirmed bachelor son lol). Stopped at kohl’s and used the rest of my kohl’s cash on a steamer basket for his Instapot. And got toothpaste for him at the grocery store because it was a good sale.
    Everything I have is now photographed and listed on my phone so I know exactly what I have.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. sweetpumkinpye

Would like to go through planner at some stage and update the notebook I keep in my handbag. Seems like I have not purchased anything for a few weeks now.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. Myron's Mom

Cabellas has yeti mugs on sale which apparently doesn’t happen often. Found the 3 (ugly) lime green ones my son was looking at last week when we were here.

19. sweetpumkinpye

Picked up a few things today. A lovely lavender and eucalyptus body wash and soap plus a wash cloth for Mum. Season 5 of Ballers for DS another series that he collects. I got a few things from the supermarket for stockings, hair gel for DFSIL, little storage containers.
    Also picked up a few items that I will need to baking closer to Christmas.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  20. Myron's Mom

Got my son toilet bowl cleaner and laundry soap. Would have got Lysol wipes For him but decided against it given the situation right now. I hope there won’t be a run on toilet bowl cleaner before this is all said and done!

Ahorsesoul likes this.