Gifts for YOU 2019

Discussion in 'Gifts & Giving' started by MrsSoup, Nov 1, 2019.

1. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I was looking for this thread and realized it hadn't yet been started for this year, so thought I would go ahead and start it.

What would YOU like for Christmas this year?

PamelaG and luludou like this.
  2. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

An office chair. I am currently using a kitchen chair and it hurts my body after an hour of working in the office.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    PamelaG, Holiday_Mom and MrsSoup like this.
  3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

A Roomba and iRobot Braava mop.

Holiday_Mom and MrsSoup like this.
  4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Have to work on that oneā€¦ yarn for socks, for sure

PamelaG, Holiday_Mom and MrsSoup like this.
  5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

So far I have on my list:

Ukelele
    Kindle (I have a Nook but there are different books for the Kindle- or a program to convert Kindle books to Nook)
    Gift card for Sephora
    Body Board
    Weighted blanket
    Gingham perfume from Bath & Body Works
    Clinique Repairwear Anti-gravity eye cream

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    PamelaG, Holiday_Mom and luludou like this.
  6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I'd like a new apron for school, Amazon gift cards, Maurice's and Christopher and Banks gift cards, an overnight bag, new pots and pans, twisted peppermint body wash and body spray.....that's what I have so far.

7. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

I need a new lap top. But what I really want more than anything is for my husband and I to take ballroom dancing lessons. I keep hinting but I did last year too. Maybe he will get the message this year!

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I have on my list so far
    mop and bucket (the one I have is worn out)
    stainless steel pegs,
    my favourite soft drink.

I have been wanting a family photo for a while now so hopefully will get one.

PamelaG, MrsSoup and Holiday_Mom like this.
  9. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I'm still thinking on this one, but so far I have...

Cast enamel pot set from Sam's
    Jigsaw puzzles
    Flannel sleep pants

PamelaG, MrsSoup and Holiday_Mom like this.
  10. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

Well, my most asked for gift is time. :D The next best thing is subscriptions to family history record sites.

PamelaG and MrsSoup like this.
  11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

i want a new vacumn gift cards to the movies gc to target and places to eat. a subscription for the plays that come here every year.

PamelaG and MrsSoup like this.
  12. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

Well Pioneer Woman items are always on my list and there is a new Christmas line of dishes and fun stuff that is to die for, so hopefully I'll get some of that. I'd also like a new paper cutter from Creative Memories. My husband will probably buy me a new tv for the kitchen that can sync with headphones. I like to watch tv (actually listen) when I'm cooking so we have a small tv mounted on the wall. He told me last year he wanted to buy me a bigger tv for the kitchen and I"m like..Yeah..I'm FINE..not needed. Well then I realized we have no tv in the spare room since my daughter moved out, so I told him fine if he wants to buy me a tv we'll put the smaller one in the spare room and I'll take one in the kitchen. Then because my disabled brother lives with us and isn't able to get downstairs he's always in the living room which is right next to the kitchen and we can't both watch tv because it's distracting. Sooo I asked if their is a way to set up ear phones so while I'm cooking I can put them in and still hear what I want to hear. I have a feeling he'll buy me a tv that has some sort of set up for that to make it easy. Right now I'm listening to alot of my books and that's fine, but during the holidays especially I like having my Hallmark movies on in the background while I'm spending long hours prepping.

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

MrsSoup likes this.
  14. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

I love to read but the actual books can get expensive plus trying to find a place to store them is a pain and our local library isn't that big so a lot of time I walk out of there without checking something to read. So I started reading ebooks on my phone but the small screen is bothering my eyes. Thought about a kindle or amazon fire.

15. sweetpumkinpye

Some lovely ideas here Lucie.

16. sweetpumkinpye

Minta can you order books online at the libraries website and get them delivered to your library?
    The library service in our town does free delivery for pickup at our local branch. A great service.

Minta likes this.
  17. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Yes but the selection available is small and takes a while.

18. sweetpumkinpye

Oh, I would be lost without our library.

19. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Minta, Put a nice sized tablet on your list for Santa. Dh and I love reading books on our iPads.