gloomy monday 04/15/2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Apr 15, 2019 at 6:00 AM.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. yesterday started off good but didnt end well. my daughters last dog died so sad. its always hard when losing a pet. thats 3 in the last 5 mths. after that i dropped my iphone and shattered the screen so then after2 hours waiting got a new one. later i was cussed out over a parking place when getting pizza. hope today is better everyone have agood day

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Road trip!!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Housewife2 - I'm so sorry to read about your awful day yesterday. I hope you have a better today.

Ahorsesoul and housewife2 like this.
  4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!
    So ds is not married, not many weddings around here anymore. People just live together. They live about 5 minutes from us by car and the baby is due mid-December (they think, the doctor's appointment is May 16th so they'll know more then.
    DD is very happy but she couldn't believe we really were there to tell her that. She said she was pretty sure ddil was pregnant when she saw her last week (symptoms) even though the pregnancy test was negative at the time. DDIL has been doing tests everyday to make sure it stays positive ;)
    Her parents seemed happy too (of course they haven't been there very much for her in the time she's been with ds... I don't expect it'll change that much).
    For now I can't tell anyone yet around here (they want to wait a little).

Posted on my blog, washed main bathroom, deep-spring-cleaned hallway and called mom. Now it's time for lunch (made nachos last night when I got home so having these leftovers, miam!)

Katrina - congrats on the Drilldance
    HW2 - hoping for a better day for you
    Lisa - hope you feel better

Know that I've read all posts from yesterday and I know lots was happening.

Hoping you all have a great day

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH and I had date night last night. We went to an Italian place nearby that we had never been to. It was good but nothing to write home about. I had a Moscow Mule, also good but nothing spectacular for the prices we paid. I have the chiropractor this morning and then will come home and start on task 3 for school. It will be finished today before I go to bed. Then tomorrow I will begin task 4 which I believe is watching 10 videos again and filling out an observation form, etc. That will be done by week's end. Nothing on the agenda tonight.

Faye- So sorry to hear about the dog and your phone. I sure hope today is better for you!
    Deb- Be safe on your road trip today!
    Lucie- You've done lots already this morning.
    Happy Birthday Pam!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul and housewife2 like this.
  6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

So sorry about the beloved dog and phone. Sounds like you might have gotten the best parking spot.

housewife2 likes this.
  7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Twillow had an early morning vet appointment. We got right in. He sat while the tech checked him in so when she went for the door to the back area he wanted to go with her. She took him on his leash to walk around. Finally she was trying to get him to come back to his exam room but he still wanted to explore. We had to pick him up. He sat on the exam table until the vet came in. They he met the vet with a head bump and sat quietly for his exam. Only time he howled was when he got his second shot. The vet said he's never seen such a big cat in such good shape and so friendly. The vet even told the girls at the desk about how good Twillow was acting.

DD is now napping and Dh is heading over to Pier One for a floor lamp I saw there yesterday. I thought the tag said $109 but online says it's $199. I will not spend over $100 so he's going to see how much it really is and if they will use his coupon. I'd go but it won't fit into my car.

https://tinyurl.com/y44r7pwe

Our weather is warming up. It's 50F now and all this week except Thursday which should be in the 40Fs. Maybe all the snow will be gone by the end of the week.

Wishing all a good start on their week.

8. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Home from work today - had an incident on my office chair. I reached for something that had fallen on the floor, thinking the office chair would slide over with me but it didn't. It got hung up in the carpet so the office chair and I toppled over sideways to the floor. Fortunately, the chair rolled out of the way but my left side hit the floor and I am so sore. Don't see any bruising yet but I can feel it.

The rest of the weekend was busy - haircut on Saturday along with the farmers' market (first day of the season and rainy so pretty disappointing), Hallmark for boss's birthday card, UPS to drop package, post office, British Food Store for Easter candy for Sophia, post office again to mail it, gourmet grocery store, and finally, checked out the new gluten-free cafe. Their menu looks great - salads, soups, sandwiches, and wraps - and I picked up two muffins to bring home. $8 for two muffins! Grrr, why is it so expensive to eat healthy or to eat additive/gluten/dairy/soy-free foods when you have an intolerance for something.

Sunday, before the Pamela meets floor incident, I ran to Whole Foods, did more laundry, made my breakfast casserole, and organized my desk. All in all, a pretty productive weekend.

So sorry to hear about your day, Faye, and your daughter's dog.
    Happy Birthday, Pam!
    Love the lamp, Lana!

Heading over to read all of the weekend's posts. Have a great day everyone!

9. MrsSoup

Diedra- Love that lamp!! I hope they will take the coupon and the price is right!

Pamela- Sorry about the chair incident. Hope the soreness goes away quickly.

PamelaG likes this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks, I was so excited to get rid of my aches and pains with last month's Whole 30 and now I've got a new set :(.

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Our grocery bill has taken a huge hit since we went gluten free. Now if we get 10% off a $10 tiny loaf of bread we are so excited!

PamelaG likes this.
  12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Dh did buy the lamp but at $160 which to me is outrageous but he liked it and said it looked very well made. So I have vacuumed behind the chairs where it will go. Considering he said he was going only to pick up the lamp he has been gone a long time. I think Lowes was calling to him as he drove past. Probably more power tools.

Pam, Sorry to hear about the work chair attack.
    Deb, Enjoy your trip
    Lucie, Now I want nachos!!! I will join you.

13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Nice lamp!
    Had to let go of the waiting for Sunbeam again... 3 phone batteries are now dead because of all that waiting. talk about customer service! I also emailed.... but no answer yet (been 3 weeks).

Cooked a pound of bacon (before expiry date), did handwashed dishes, towels are in dryer, washed basement landing walls & woodwork. Prepped lunch for tomorrow, work clothes and gym clothes.
    Enough for today.
    Now I will try to start a new crochet craft.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. MrsSoup

Afternoon (almost)!

I went to the chiropractor, which was rather uneventful. He adjusted me and my back cracked about a thousand times. My gait is completely off with this boot so that is probably why. I'm always amazed when it cracks like that though. I told him that I didn't want him to do my jaw today inside my mouth. I also told him about the worst migraine ever the same week that I had my last adjustment and we talked about that. He showed me a neck stretch to do to help with those muscles and put me on the STEM machine for a few.

I came home and got started on my task for school. I watched the prep video and took notes on the task and how to do it correctly and then I started finding my research for the first part. There are parts A-E. I have written part A so far, but will go back and edit it later when all is said and done as i'm not super happy with it. Now i'm working on part B. I'm making rules and expectations for my imaginary classroom and then I have to support how i'm going to teach them with an evidence based strategy. Fun stuff! Good practice though for sure. I do have an idea of how I want to go about this in my real classroom and it is not just me making up all the rules so this part isn't really how I will do things. Such is life.

DD had someone actually message me about her babysitting and they really want her but they wanted her this Saturday evening and she is going horseback riding with her girl scout troop. The lady said that she would contact us for their next date night so I hope she does. DD was bummed that she was missing out on the opportunity. So am I.

I better get back to work before DH comes home for lunch (not sure if he even is) and I have to stop.

Diedra- Glad you got the lamp!
    Lucie- That Company! Ugh!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Strange day - it rained, then cleared, then rained again, then cleared. Still chilly.

Hap an appointment with the periodontist and found out I have very large sinuses - need more bone. Anyhow, made an appointment for that piece of dental work to be done in mid-May so as not to interfere with my hand surgery.

DH and I had pizza for lunch and went to the mall to get him a new watch band. When we got home I was so tired I just lay down in bed until dinner time. Knees and hips were hurting too. I really do feel I am falling apart sometimes!

Tomorrow into Manhattan to get my hair done and meet DS to pick up the bread that he forgot to bring me on Saturday.

Faye - so sorry to hear about the dog and the rest of your horrible day - may things get better quickly.
    Pamela - hope you don't bruise from your meeting with the floor
    Katrina - hope you enjoy your vacation after all the great work you did with your Drill Dance team
    Diedra - glad DH made an executive decision about the lamp!
    Lucie - it must be hard to keep the secret about becoming a grandma - I always cook a whole pound of bacon at once - it gets eaten
    Jess - you can only learn so much in school - you will certainly have your own wan of teaching your class.

housewife2, MrsSoup and Ahorsesoul like this.
  16. MrsSoup

Hi again!

I'm on the last section of my task, but will still need to go back and tweak the other sections. I thought this task was going to be easier but finding the resources has proven to be trying. I took notes while going through the class and usually annotated if it was a video clip, but then having to go back and find the specific video, etc is taking way too much time. I'll get it done before my call tomorrow anyway. I'm losing focus because i've been working on it all day.

I need to get the chili going for dinner. I used to make it in the morning and put it in the crockpot all day but i've found that it really doesn't make much of a difference. DD's backpack broke so I had to pick her up from school otherwise all of her stuff would have fallen out while she rode her bike home. We need to look for a new backpack this evening I guess. I'm taking a hot bath later for sure!

I did get DD's follow up ortho apointment made for after her MRI and I made myself a 90 minute massage appointment. I missed February and March so I have enough credits to extend the time. Then next month I can do a 90 minute facial and i'll be all caught up.

Debbie- What will they do in that surgery?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

Another long day. I finalized getting some students' profiles set up for them to take their online test Thursday. I don't know who's more nervous, them or me. I stayed and worked on just getting my feet under me, getting make-up work graded. Had three cooking labs today and had some clean-up work to do from that...my mess, not students'. I called a parent and talked to her about why her son's grade will be so low on his report card. He just transferred last week and is working on the 10 hour OSHA training. He'll have incompletes that average in as zeros until he completes each module. He has a 20 average right now, and I didn't want him to get into trouble for such a low grade. I understand our junior class has planned a skip day tomorrow. If that's true, I'll have at least two classes with very few students in them.

DGS#1 had a baseball game in the town where I work at 7:00, so just stayed and worked until time for that. He hit an over-the-fence home run and two doubles, and pitched a no hitter, striking out 12 batters in a row. That may be the only game all season he does that well, but I'm a proud Nana...can you tell?!

Diedra, nice lamp! How long did it take to train Twillow to a leash?
    Pamela, it sounds like the chair won! Years ago, I went to sit down at my desk and missed the whole chair. Not one of my students saw it happen. I would never have lived it down if they had. Thankfully, I was in my 20s and still quite agile and flexible. Otherwise, the results would have been disastrous. I still laugh when I think about it.
    Debbie, eww...that surgery doesn't sound like something to look forward to.
    Mel, I hope you are feeling alright now.
    Lucie, that's such a busy day you had. I hate, hate, hate waiting on the phone for service calls. Is there a business bureau you can call about it?
    GrammDeb, how was the road trip? How did DH and DGKs manage without you for a day?
    Faye, so sorry about DD's dog. IPhone screens break so easily.

Hope you all rest well tonight!

Ahorsesoul, housewife2 and MrsSoup like this.
  18. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

thank you everyone

Ahorsesoul likes this.