Gluten Free Stuffing/Dressing recipe?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Snowey

Premiere Member
Hello,

Does anyone have a tried and true gluten free recipe ? I am having DH family over for Thanksgiving dinner and his niece needs to eat gluten free. I would like to make her a small dish of dressing. Any ideas would be appreciated !

Thank you

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dressing Recipe

If not buying gluten free bread you can use your favorite recipe with rice instead of bread.

My stuffing recipe:
Brown a pound of Sausage, drain a little
Toss in a chopped onion and some celery and cook a little more.
Add garlic if desired.
Pour this over 10 slices of gluten free bread cubed. Toss
Then add one beaten egg and mix.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Yes - a little late here too. (I've been having trouble accessing the site). We did 2 recipes this year to see which we liked better. One was actually the one Jampss posted only I cut up Against The Grain baguettes instead of Udis. It was very good and mighty close in flavor to Stovetop - which was the goal. (If i was to do over i would have been more careful about adding the liquids as not all breads have the same density so can absorb more or less fluid.

The second one I did was the tried and true stuffing recipe I adjusted from the Against The Grain Blog. It has similar ingredients but heavier on the sage and rosemary and uses raw egg to hold it together. Between the two, the one Jampss posted was MUCH easier to prep for Thanksgiving. And I have to say I liked the taste better too on Thanksgiving night -- the family thought it was a tie between the two recipes and devoured both.

BUT for leftovers, the flavor of the Against The Grain dressing that was "baked" held strong. The flavor of the one that was not baked really faded. So I'm trying to figure that one out. Why would that be? It is WAY easier to have a recipe that doesn't require baking (since the turkey is occupying the oven) so that would be my preferred method. Need to figure that out by next year.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So I'm trying to figure that one out. Why would that be? It is WAY easier to have a recipe that doesn't require baking (since the turkey is occupying the oven) so that would be my preferred method. Need to figure that out by next year.

Yes, same here ... the oven is full enough!