Groundhog's Day 2-2-19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Feb 2, 2019.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning! Spring is on the way!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I'm surprised that I'm the first one here this morning. It's cold and sunny today. Looks like temps should rise to the 30s today. Yesterday, 19F felt like a heat wave with the sun shining, after -10 the day before.

We had school yesterday with a 2 hour delay. The roads were bad. Several accidents in the area. On the hillside I drive daily, several cars got stuck and eventually they closed the road. Fortunately I was able to make it around the stuck vehicles and got through before they closed it. I love my Tahoe for winter driving.

I'm glad to be off another 2 days. That school makes me crazy and the job search in my area isn't too promising. Monday is in-service day, so no students and loads of prep time. That will be nice.

Nothing major planned today....laundry, paid bills, vegging out....lol. We may go to a dance production at the local university.

That's about it for me.

Hope you are all recovering well from the Polar Vortex.

3. p.a.

p.a. Active Member

Morning finally warming up here..just in time for our winter carnival weekend. Heading out later to take the grands.....lots to see and do. Snow sculptures, ice carvings, tubing, snowshoeing, lumberjack competition,,,horse carriage rides,,LOTS of fun.

missjane likes this.
  4. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It is just on 4am here and I am up and ready to go to our DrillDance comp. This one is in a coastal town about a 3 hour drive from us and did not think it was worth it to travel the day before and pay for accommodation etc. Will be a long day but should be home by about 6pm.Not sure how we will go, have just choreographed a new routine and had not really done it a lot but will see.

I hope that you are all warm and have a great day,
    much love

teachermomof2 likes this.
  5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Seems I didn't post yesterday.

Cold here this morning. DD got here yesterday afternoon. We did groceries on the way home last night but when I got here my tummy started acting up and then I started having chilles and not feeling well at all... think I had another stone in my urinary tract this time, took some medication I had and drank lots. Feeling better this morning.

We decluttered some stuff in dd's bedroom (some where old christmas and birthday cards... grrrr... she found $135 in there!). Guys are here for ceramic tile in bathroom... grrrr... ran out of tiles - 2!!!! so everything else will be delayed as the shop is closed until monday and guys can't come back for a few weeks. Dh & dd are off to do some errands. I've got spaghetti sauce in the crockpot. Hamburgers for lunch and fondue for supper (ds & dil will come eat with us).

Later

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Hello all MHHers

LC22 came this morning. I will pick DD friend up at noon so she can mop our floors. Gives her a little extra spending money each month.

Our temps are warming up. Temps will be in the teens but still below freezing here. This will make for some slippy roads over the coming days. Today I printed out a photo of Punxsutawney Phil for DD to do her Fact or Fiction homework from her therapist. Then I printed a little information about groundhogs for her to read. Yesterday she enjoyed reading about the SunDogs I had printed to go with her picture.

Gave Boots her medicated bath and then had to give my self one to get off the dog shampoo. lol

Enjoy your weekend.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Still raining here. Funny, another lady and I were just talking at the bus stop the other day about how we've had less rain this rainy season than we did last year. Here it is I guess. There are brown water advisories all over the island as well because of all the rain. DH just went to the garage to run on the treadmill. I want to go to Sam's Club this morning to get some fruit and whatever else we see that we might need. DH will head to work just before lunch time. I will be studying and doing schoolwork the rest of the day I think. I will take tomorrow off.

We have new neighbors attached to us. DH and I saw the man grilling yesterday when we left so we said hi over the fence and welcome. DD said the man and woman came by while we were gone last night to introduce themselves. They are still staying in the hotel until March so will be back and forth to the house. Seems like a waste of money to me because the Army won't cover the hotel anymore once you sign for a house, but whatever. They have two kids, an 11 year old girl and an 8 year old boy. I'm looking forward to meeting them. We were going to make them cookies or buy them a pineapple to take over but if they aren't staying there yet we wouldn't know when to take it over, so I guess we'll hold off. Hopefully they'll come back over today so I can at least meet them and let them know not to be afraid to ask if they need anything. I really hope we can be friends and they are nice/good people.

Lisa- Glad you were able to make it safely!
    p.a.- The carnival sounds like a lot of fun!
    Katrina- I'm sure you all will do fantastic! Will be thinking about your team and wishing you luck!
    Lucie- Glad you are feeling better. Wow, always nice to find money in cards.
    Diedra- Great homework for today for Vanessa!

Enjoy your day!

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. really busy today at work . its in the 40s so not bad. i dropped a bottle of water on a rolling cart what a mess didnt ruined anything thank goodness just had to empty 3 drawers mostly papers but all ok. any plans for super bowl tomo?

9. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

Off today. Was up before 7 and we ran to Nashville and used my gas gift card, I ran by Dollar General to get Aunt Imogene some depends and they were having clearance on a bunch of stuff. Some neat sets like legos that were for ages up to 14 and just several things. I finished up a great nephew and nephew for Christmas. Ran by Hardees and then to hospital for about 1 1/2 hours. Came home ran in to go to bathroom, we picked up mom on the way home, Teigan went with us to Mt. Vernon. Jaymee was ahead of us to get some lights picked up. Went to HL to get an over charge corrected, Pizza Hut, Teigan and I to Kohls, Allen and mom Aldis and then to Wal-Mart. As usual when all else fails for me finding anything buy clothes for Teigan. She got like 2 witner dresses and 4 spring/summer and a couple shirts. Found a coat for next year for her too. I picked up a pair of jeans but need to try them on.

Took mom home, checked sheep -- had a lamb laying (just born our 3rd this year) and our buck laying dead. Had taken Teigan home first as Ryan was coming to get her.

Now I am plain tired but need to start cleaning!!!!!

REAL foggy this a.m. and roads were slick, 45 out and MOnday to be 66.

10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I was up early and did banking and bill paying. Then I planned to do some baking of several things and then I discovered I didn't have what I needed, didn't want to go out I wasn't that interested in baking so I didn't. I went downstairs and finished my first round of decluttering the files and desks.

Now it is time to watch the Hallmark channel. I get tv tonight as the men will want to watch the Superbowl tomorrow night.

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

DH and I went to Sam's. We drove two vehicles so he could go straight to work after. They didn't have cantaloupe or watermelon for some reason, but I did get strawberries and apples. We also picked up lots of other stuff for snacks and such. Came home and the kids helped me unload. I haven't done much since except for watch them play Minecraft and make a frozen pizza for lunch. I also ran Alice. I'm getting ready to start homework, but i've been procrastinating.

I did take DD to the library, forgot about that. They are doing a Blind Date with a book for the entire month of February so I decided to do it. You pick a tag out of a box and read the description and if it's something you are interested in then they give you the book. I took the first one I pulled and it's a James Patterson mystery. Thicker than I was hoping for since I do have other books i'm reading and I had already picked one up from the library too, but i'll try to get through it quickly so I can get another Blind Date book. :) Love the idea and wish they would do this all the time.

Faye- No plans as of yet. I made mention to my friend that DH was working in hopes of an invite to her house, but nothing yet. haha
    Lana- Sorry about the buck. Any idea what happened?
    Jody- I need to go through my files too. It was on my list all of January and I just didn't get to it.

12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

A quick "hello" dear friends!

The weather has warmed up and the sun is out. Basically an excellent day weatherwise!

DH drove me to the scrapbook store yesterday and then we had lunch. I didn't find everything at the store so finally had to order from scrapbooks.com. Today we did some shopping at BJ's and had dinner at one of the piers in Tampa.

Tomorrow is the local farmer's market and then eating the traditional Super Bowl foods while watching the commercials - hope they ae better than last year.

Take care all.