Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Premiere 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Did you shop the Ornament Premiere this weekend? Would you like to share what you bought or what you ordered online or what you plan to buy? I usually place a Wish List order in advance - there are some perks to doing this as you can make sure you get what you want (some of the ornaments sell out so quickly) plus there may be bonus reward points and other little freebies. In addition to picking up my order, I had a little browse and a few more caught my eye and worked their way into my basket!

The ones I buy every year:
Cozy Family Christmas - I always buy some sort of family ornament that has a photo slot
Good Dog - used to be MudLynn's ornament every year but it will now be for Sophia's new dog - she's doing a two week trial with a rescue dog and it's going really well
A Fun, Old-Fashioned Family Christmas (from the Christmas Vacation movie - it's a series for Vic)
Daughter - a series for Sophia
First Impressions - Harry Potter
Honeydukes Sweet Shop - Harry Potter - started collecting these ornaments a few years ago when we really got into Harry Potter, I know, we're late starters!

2018 Graduate - I bought the 2017 version because Sophia was supposed to graduate in December 2017 but when she was one credit short, her graduation was postponed to March 2018 - I took the 2017 one to the consignment shop

Unplanned Purchases but too cute too pass up:
Cogsworth
Be Our Guest
Mine! Mine! Mine!

I would love to have a Disney tree, I think I'm probably close to having enough ornaments!

Miniatures - I saw the cutest idea to take one of those wooden drawer/door Advent calendars and put a mini ornament in each drawer/behind each door - put the Advent calendar next to a small bare tree and add an ornament a day
A Creature was Stirring - also it's #3 in the series
School Bus
Play-Doh
Winter Fun with Snoopy

You could even make a version of your own with one of those multi-section craft storage type boxes or 24 mini decorative boxes.

I'd love a few more Disney ornaments but they are the priciest so I'll wait until the after-Christmas sale and see if there are any left.

Hope you had fun shopping! If there isn't a Hallmark in your area, they are available online, www.hallmark.com, and shipping is free if you order $50+ - that's not hard to do with just a few ornaments.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I looked online but didn't buy anything. I liked the Sorting Hat that was customizable for DD and the Minecraft ornament that isn't yet available for Eli. I didn't see anything that struck me for DS and that's probably why I didn't get anything yet. I also liked the Beach Fairy.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I looked online but didn't buy anything. I liked the Sorting Hat that was customizable for DD and the Minecraft ornament that isn't yet available for Eli. I didn't see anything that struck me for DS and that's probably why I didn't get anything yet. I also liked the Beach Fairy.
Yes, I forgot to mention that it's a three-fold roll-out - most of the ornaments come out in July but some are delayed until October or December.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I didn't see anything when I looked. I've tried to pick just one every year, the last few years. Maybe later in the season I'll see something that speaks to me.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We don't get Hallmark ornaments here. When I was in the US a few years back I picked up some.