halloween 2016

Discussion in 'Halloween Countdown' started by housewife2, Jun 29, 2016.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

we are getting Halloween in cracker barrel on Friday july 1st look fwd to seeing what we have this year.

Minta likes this.
  2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I need to start thinking about that too! My friend is thinking of having a party... so we will need costumes! However she always does a theme so might have to wait and see

Minta likes this.
  3. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

As usual, we are planning a camping trip for Halloween. We're going even earlier than normal this year, starting Wednesday night and coming home on Sunday. It's awkward with the actual date falling on Monday this year!

The campground will have trick or treating on Saturday. Everyone goes all out with decorating their campsites. Last year we carved a few pumpkins and put a few decorations out. I need to start thinking about what we want to do this year.

I've been working on a Halloween craft project and have a couple of wreaths planned to make for decorating the house this year too.

I can't wait!

Minta likes this.
  4. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I have a small pumpkin decor that I hang beside the front door that was terribly faded by the sun. I repainted it today!

HW2, I'm hoping to get to Cracker Barrel one day next week. I love the decorations they have for all holidays!

Minta likes this.
  5. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

I am thinking of hosting a teenager halloween party.... something outside. My son is on the football team and on several clubs. I am thinking food and a firepit. This will be my first teenager party so... any advice would be great.

Minta likes this.
  6. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

A lot of snack and finger type foods.

I found that Sugar cookies cut out in Halloween shapes along with rice crispy treats decorated with Halloween colors always go fast. Hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza are a favorite among my kids and their friends.

Add food coloring to dips mayo and mustard to change the color to add to the Halloween color scheme.

A portable radio and Halloween light strung around the yard.

If doing a fire pit set up a smores station.

Hay bales and extra throw blankets for outdoor seating.

7. HouseElf

HouseElf Well-Known Member

We will be home handing out treats :)

We plan on expanding on the spider theme, it works for us = they are creepy enough without the gore/fear factor I don't like (during Hallowe'en or anytime actually lol)

Will likely add more spiders (big furry black ones with wire legs) and looking out for a skeleton tall enough to 'stand' (with support) as 'the exterminator' - we have a beware of spiders sign.

Minta and Cathymac2 like this.
  8. Cathymac2

Cathymac2 Member

Hello all! It's finally September and almost time to decorate for fall! Yay!

We are planning our 10th Boo!Bash this year! I am really leaning toward a much more casual approach this year. If we continue it after this year I think it will sort of melt into a fall get together rather than a Halloween focus.

I am planning an outdoor movie (It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown for the littles while we are eating then Hocus Pocus after that) along with our usual hot dog roast, chili, cheese dip and S'mores around the fire.

My backyard needs mucho work!! That will be October projects, after it cools off some.

Minta likes this.
  9. aggy

aggy Santa's Elves

Hi Cathymac2, It's good to see you here! You always come to mind around this time because I remember your Boo Bashes! Can't wait to see what you do this year.

Minta likes this.
  10. housewife2

want to have a Halloween party this year. haven't decided the theme yet

Minta likes this.
  11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

DD has one of her Dr's request leftover Halloween candy since the next appointment is after Halloween. lol

Minta likes this.
  12. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

speaking of candy..I'm one up on this. After 4th of July, my neighborhood walmart market had shelves full of red, white and blue hershey's candies clearanced. We went back 3 times..and I think we bough 50+ bags of candy. Super, duper cheap. Some my husband kept, but I normally spend like 45.00 for all the candy I take to church and some I donate to the city, so I got an amazing deal! I wouldn't of thought of that, but my brother said...uh...Halloween..and back we went!

Minta likes this.
  13. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Great haul Michelle! I need to buy candy soon to make the bags.

Minta likes this.
  14. HouseElf

HouseElf Well-Known Member

Boys are making requests for Hallowe'en candy - they like to ensure the stuff I get is candy 'they' like; we have very different ideas about what is 'good' so it works out for everyone ;).

This year I purchased small brown paper bags that I will stamp and add ribbon, to put the treats in.
    I will also make caramel apples, mulled cider and dipped rice krisipie 'ghosts' for 'friends' that stop in during the night.

Minta likes this.
  15. aggy

aggy Santa's Elves

Holiday_Mom, Cathymac2 and Minta like this.
  16. housewife2

Minta likes this.
  17. housewife2

that is cool looking would like to do a tree like that

Minta likes this.
  18. housewife2

I have decorated for fall and halloween

Minta likes this.
  19. Started planning for Halloween...This is what i bought last week...

Minta likes this.
  20. mrspaul

mrspaul Member

I have my Halloween candy bought - 200 hundred pieces of chocolate - that should be enough....I usually end up with a very very small amount left - just enough for a treat for husband and me!

of course, we will have lots of halloween candy after though - both grandchildren go trick or treating....and they live with us - so the big big bowl of candy will be calling my name ! LOL