halloween 2019

Discussion in 'Halloween Countdown' started by housewife2, Mar 25, 2019.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

its 220 days till halloween. just thought about it bc my grandson said he wants to be a painter this year his dad and papa is a painter. still have plenty of time to think about it

Myron's Mom and Holiday_Mom like this.
  2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

What fun to do a painters costume. You have to get a photo of him with his dad and papa in their painting clothes.

Myron's Mom and housewife2 like this.
  3. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

That sounds like a fun costume. I've seen gallon paint pails at Home Depot. I wonder if they have smaller sizes available.

housewife2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

That sounds super cute!!!

I need to start giving thought to Halloween costumes too! We'll be attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - on Sept 20th!!! o_O

A little early for Halloween I know, but don't tell Disney that.

We'll need costumes for DS and myself that are warm weather friendly. Yes, by gum, I am going to wear some sort of costume. Just haven't figured it out yet!

Then we'll need costumes for when we get back and are in the cold weather again for the actual holiday in October.

5. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I bought part of my costume last year, but never finished, so I'm going to be a crazy cat lady. I have a floral pink suit that is priceless, a pink box hat that is awesome and some pink reading glasses. I've go to find some more stuffed cats to fill a large purse with and place on my body a few places. I'll probably just wear it to trunk or treat and maybe the elections office if I'm working there, but we'll see.

6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

I won't be wearing a costume but I am so excited for Halloween/harvest because all of my décor will be here at the new house and I'll be able to finally have a good rummage through to see what I can use and what I should finally Konmari out of the house. I think I have five bins of stuff, definitely time to go through it all.

7. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Active Member

The painters costume sounds adorable. And the crazy cat lady- if I wasn't married I wouldn't need a costume because I would be a crazy cat lady. How fun!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

What a great memory Halloween 2019 will be for you guys. You'll have to update us with your costume decisions.

You've got me in tears from laughing so hard. Oh my goodness! That sounds like a classic! Seriously, you could run errands with that costume and everyone smiling, if not laughing.

Are you finding it easier to get rid of things after moving?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I ordered 6 tombstones from walmart (clearance $4 instead of $18). I had one I had made but it was all broken and threw it out last Halloween. For $4 it's even less than the dollarstore.

Holiday_Mom and Ahorsesoul like this.
  10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Yes, living in a mostly empty house for the last month is making me seriously consider a less cluttered approach to decorating. I have a lot of things that are out everywhere and I'm thinking it might be time for a change. We'll see. When I finally get everything, I may change my mind again.

Holiday_Mom and Ahorsesoul like this.