halloween 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I finally had a breakthrough on planning Halloween costumes for Disney!!!

Will do DIY costume for DS of the character Russell from UP! Khacki shorts he already has, a yellow polo, orange scarf, a baseball cap and and sash. I already made the sash a while back upon DS's request so that will work out perfectly I think!!!

Then for me....wait for it...I will be Kevin!!! LOL I will "make" a feather skirt by attaching feather boas from the craft store to a cheap tube skirt, wear a blue tank/cami and make a simple headband with feathers - should be super cute! And not too hot!!! I think I may design it so I can pull the feather layer up when I sit down - otherwise going on rides may be uncomfortable - sitting on all those feathers!!!

If you are not familiar with the movie Kevin is a large ostrich like bird in tropical colors that ends up being a girl - despite the name Russell gave her :)

Just need to make sure DS is ok with the idea for him - I'm 90% sure he'll go for it!

And then I need to work on planning a cold weather costume for him for the actual date of Halloween here...

I need some chocolate o_O

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I finally had a breakthrough on planning Halloween costumes for Disney!!!
AJ, the costumes sound amazing. I think that you will make a great Kevin.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
That's fun AJ!

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
My youngest informed me the other day that he didn't want to go trick or treating this year :eek::(. I am hoping he changes his mind. If he doesn't go I don't know what I am going to do. I would be the 1st time in 16 years that we didn't go trick or treating and we don't get that many trick or treaters at our house.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
My youngest informed me the other day that he didn't want to go trick or treating this year :eek::(. I am hoping he changes his mind. If he doesn't go I don't know what I am going to do. I would be the 1st time in 16 years that we didn't go trick or treating and we don't get that many trick or treaters at our house.
It’s heartbreaking isn’t it? I am guessing he is a tween?

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
No real sign of Halloween here at all. It is still a new tradition for us here and has been getting bigger every year. Nothing in the shops yet.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
It’s heartbreaking isn’t it? I am guessing he is a tween?

Yes it is very heartbreaking. He just turned 13. Last year he was on the fence about it but his friends were going so he went. DH wants to stay home, hand out candy to the few kids that come by and relax watching movies and I am over here like but ...but...but... I am not ready for him to reach this stage yet

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just got news from the town... on the 31st our street will be closed again... The Halloween Bal with dancing in the street with a variety of monsters and others. So I will be making my Halloween bags (have 2 X 120 choclate bars from costco), will have to buy more candy for the bags. Last year I had over 350. will be doing 240 this year. Anyhow was the only house in the street with the lights still on until the end.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We have still not decided whether to do Halloween or not. DS does not like it and last year we had no takers so am leaning towards not doing it.
But then I think I should have some lollies here just in case UGH, decisions.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009

I'm dreading that day here. My youngest is all about the candy. I think that's what keeps her going.

Just got news from the town... on the 31st our street will be closed again...

Sounds like a fun time for the town!
But then I think I should have some lollies here just in case UGH, decisions.

Maybe you could buy a small bag of candy that you and/your family like. That way if you have left overs, you can enjoy it or use it in the stocking stuffers.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
My oldest, now 17, thinks he is going trick or treating. I told him he was a bit too old. haha I've seen them that old though and I don't mind, keeps them out of trouble, so we'll see. He usually doesn't stay out long because he always ends up sick on Halloween. It's his curse. I'm sure my other two will absolutely want to go but neither have even talked about it yet or costumes. :eek:

We've had candy corn and pumpkins in the house for weeks now and have already gone through 4-6 bags. The last two bags I bought weren't very good though, they are kind of dry and crumbly, might have to throw them out and pick up some new ones. Eli has been taking it in his lunch for a snack at recess. :p

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We had a great time at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this past Friday! The parade was fantastic and we had the perfect seats!!!

I indulged in an awesome light up jack-o-lantern and candy corn necklace for me! Will totally be wearing that this Halloween at the campground!!!

I picked up a couple of simple but cute sparkly spiderweb wall hangings at the dollar store yesterday and put them up on the French doors in the living room! Oct is close enough!!! Will get rest of Halloween decor out this weekend (if not sooner) LOL

Here is a pic of DS and I in our costumes:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/48821075447/in/dateposted-public/

DS and I have been discussing his costume for our "real" Halloween - i.e. something that he can wear in cold weather - need to get moving on that - he wants to be a comic book character he has created - which kind of looks like The Human Torch but with a different logo - and a cape! :) Ahhhh, sure....I've got this!

High of 87 today and tomorrow - YUCK - but then the temps drop back down and hopefully we have milder weather ahead!

Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
We had a great time at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this past Friday! The parade was fantastic and we had the perfect seats!!!

That is awesome! I was thinking of you guys this month. :) I love your costumes too. Those treat bags look great too.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It looks like dd wants to be a horse rider!. We'll be hitting the thrift store for some items after I "shop" from home.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
AJ great costumes and love all the time and effort you put for your son's class.
I need to pick up lollipops and make the Halloween bags for the kids.