Halloween or Fall Art Journals

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'll be creating a Halloween art journal this year during October...would love to have to join me....or you could just do an autumn one....check out sample pages over at The Creative Spirit. \

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Here's a sample page...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ginger you amaze me! wherever do you get the time to do all this? :)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Love it!! I will try to follow along!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Art journals are acutally STRESS relievers....you'll be amazed at what a little collage work can do for your spirit....

HOWEVER...you have to let go of the idea that it is about creating a masterpiece....it's NOT.....it's about having some fun and playing around with art materials.... :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
It's like creating in the scrapbook, but without pictures. I get it.....

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I've posted a list of prompts for the Halloween Art Journal over at The Creative Spirit Facebook group....take a peek if you'd like. You can join the group....simply click join group and I'll add you.

The prompts will be provided during October with more details etc to get your creative juices flowing. If you like writing more than creating art....you could use the prompts to write each day in October. I plan to post the daily prompts at both The Creative Spirit blog and the Facebook group during October but by getting a sneal peek you can start gathering materials you might use to create them....NO NEED to run to the store...dig through your stash...be on the lookout in magazines etc. You can even save some candy wrappers... :)

Art Journals can include photographs also...and many do....but some do not. Like my Chritmas art journal had a couple pictures of Evan in it. They are a combination of art and journaling...so many pages have journal boxes and or other types of writing but they also "tell the story" of the page or topic through art...

http://www.facebook.com/groups/4052...ment_id=411492332240231&notif_t=group_comment

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
luludou.....so far I have kept the ones I made because they are my personal journals....just like a written journal....recording my thoughts and feelings....I hope some day after I'm long gone my children will still enjoy them...

On the other hand I think there are some cute ones you can also make for someone...

Like I was thinking one of those tiny board books that just have 6-8 pages...you know the little two inch square ones...would make nice Valentine art journals that could be created with a certain person in mind and given as their Valentine....

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I was thinking of doing a Christmas one this year... need to find a small book (maybe like the rudolph one you found last year). I have kept all the prompts.

Will keep the Halloween prompts too.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I'll definitely be doing Christmas again...because I really enjoyed it last year...and we still enjoy looking at it!

:clothes:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA

Started on the cover.....finished the front...I've posted details at Facebook group...will blog about it eventually at The Creative Spirit....too tired tonight!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Ginger -

I loved following along with your Christmas art journal! I'm looking forward to what you come up with for Halloween. I'm thinking DS7 might like to do this...he is very artsy and looooves Halloween. I will join on FB, too. Thank you!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
YES Colleen I'm thibnking about having Evan join me (my 5 year old grandson!) He has worked on some Index Cards a Day with me and seemed to like it.

Please check out the prompt list so you can start looking for images etc that he might like to use...Don't have to follow the list but it's what I'll be following...I'll round it out with more details starting October 1st.

The idea is to do one page a day but really it doesn't matter if you do three or four in one sitting...whatever works but I'm planning to have one for each day of October so 31 pages...you really don't have to though...any number of pages is fine

:clothes: