Happy New Years Eve December 31st, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I am up and getting ready to head to work!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I will take a batch of punch today for us to drink. They all like it.

We will close at 3 and cut off time is 2:30.

Tonight will be supper and that is about it. Wouldn't mind sewing some but will see. Will make the chocolate trifle for my sisters tomorrow.

We still need to get the gifts to the mail lady and garbage guys.

Teigan went out before 7 last night and still out (6:45).

I need to close and get a small list of stuff for Allen to get at Nashville. Need to pay a couple bills sheep related to get on taxes for this year. Not waiting to late!!!!

Will take Aunt Imogenes checks so not carrying them over.

Everybody have a GREAT day and be careful if traveling.

Hope Lisa is better.

When does everybody go back to school? Teigan goes back the 3rd and Jaymee the 7th,

3. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just passed midnight here!
    Happy New Year to you all

4. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Happy New Year, Katrina.
    Lana, my son goes back to school on the 7th.

I am up early.... time to get back in my regular routine. I enjoyed the sleeping in just a little bit too much. ;)
    I was up early working on my Facebook page for my blog and posting the last few pictures in my Menu Monday post.

I need to get the Christmas box down from the shelf and put away the tree ornaments. I have a couple of Christmas dishes that need to be packed away as well. Its just the little details now.

Gotta change the bedsheets and dust today. No holiday for me. :p

We bought the food for the anitpasto tray. Hoping it is a hit.

Hope everyone has a great last day of the year. If I don't make it back on later..... Happy New Year!!!

5. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning!

I got to see Baby B last night, and is he ever cute! Unfortunately, I cannot post pics on FB. But he was just what I needed! Really perked me up. Had a nice get together at DD's. N is coming over at noon for our New year's ham and beans. They are cooking now. Smell divine.

It is another gray day here in ECI. SUPPOSED TO GET UP TO 55 with rain ALL day.

Believe it or not, I got DD's apron finished Saturday night and DDIL's neck pillow yesterday after church. But I got them done.

That rude Mother Nature is screaming at me, so I had best get her taken care of! TTYL

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning winter fest was fun. hope everyone has a good day and a fun nite. stay warm be safe, hope 2019 will be a good year for all of us

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Cloudy and chilly with rain due in later. I wonder how much of a damper it will put on the revelers in Times Square.

Just to note - I went to Times Square once with a boyfriend when I was in college. Never wanted to do it again especially since it's gotten so restrictive now and there are no bathrooms! What do people do????

So nothing much is planned for today- probably dinner out and then TV. More packing

Katrina - Happiest of New Years to you and your family!
    Carrie - love antipasto trays!
    Lana - I'm sure your co-workers will enjoy the punch
    Pam - would love to share some ham with you and N

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. I was up early to get the trash out - no rest for the garbage collectors - and start laundry. I came downstairs to find DH in the shower. I wonder what's up with him - he's up 2 hours early!

I talked to my oldest DD, and she & her DD are starting the 21-day Fix today. The DD I live with wants to join in. She rarely eats since she just doesn't have time for meal prep so I'll be fixing her meals. Gee, I might as well jump on this train and see where it takes me. We are all overweight, out of shape, and generally feel crummy. We're going to be accountable to and help motivate each other.

Have a great day and a Happy New Years Eve!

9. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning...almost afternoon!

It's another gray, rainy day here. We seem to be stuck in this gray, rainy pattern this year. Hoping 2019 is filled with sunshine and warmth.

We are heading to Sam's Club and to do some shopping with dd's gc's today. I have a few to use too, so I hope that I can find something new to wear to work. I want to stop at Lowe's and get lamps for the bedroom redo, as well. If time allows, I'll stop at Michael's and Hobby Lobby, too.

Not sure what we're having for dinner. We may go out since we will be out.

Lana...punch sounds perfectly refreshing! How kind of you! We return to school Wednesday. H starts the semester on Monday.
    Debbie...I can't imagine Times Square tonight! I'm thinking people wear depends undergarments. A better spot would be a TS hotel room with views of the festivities.
    Hi Pam!
    Katrina...Happy New Year!
    Hi Carrie! I also need to get into a routine. It may be too late....lol....I go back in 2 days.

Have a blessed day!

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I got up earlier this morning. I also went to bed earlier though. I'm enjoying my quiet time with the tree and coffee. It may be the last morning with the tree lights, not sure. I'm really not sure what today will bring. DD wants me to take her to Ulta to look around since she received a gift card from grandma. Sam's Club is below and I need to grab veggies from there anyway and whatever other snack food looks good for tonight. DD and DH didn't go to the Commissary because it looked busy, well duh it's right before the holiday. o_O So that has to be done this morning. I'm going to nudge DH to go while DD and I go do the other stuff. I want to pick up new totes for the ornaments and some bubble wrap to store them. If we divide and conquer we can get the running done this morning and then do whatever the rest of the day. DH was talking about wanting to go to the beach.

Tomorrow i'm making ham and beans and will have to be home to babysit them. There is a Pineapple Drop this evening that starts at 5 and the pineapple drops at 7 in time with the ball in NYC. It's geared for kids I think, although i'm not sure because we didn't go last year. I've heard it's fun though. They have small shows leading up to the drop. We may or may not go, I wouldn't mind going.

Lana- Sorry you have to work today. My kids go back to school on the 9th!
    Katrina- Happy New Year!
    Carrie- I got up earlier today too. I'm afraid i'll get too used to sleeping in.
    Pam- Glad you had a good family get together.
    Hi Faye!
    Debbie- I wonder the same thing about what people there do for bathrooms and such. That's a long time to be out there with no facilities and not really being able to move. Now with the rain and not being allowed umbrellas, no thanks!
    Deb- I did the 21DF a long time ago. I didn't follow the meal plan but it's easy enough. Good luck to you all! I probably would have followed the meal plan if I had someone to make them for me. haha
    Lisa- DD wants me to take her to Ulta to do some shopping her gc today too. I also need to run by Sam's. I wonder what hotel rooms around there go for? I bet people save up all year! Great idea though! Enjoy your day out!

Enjoy your day!

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

New meaning for a wrapped Christmas tree. IMG_2210.jpg IMG_2211.jpg

12. sweetpumkinpye

Good morning to you all.
    Was awake until just after midnight so that I could text the kids and wish them a happy new year. Woke up at 7 so will be a little dragging today, will schedule a nap for this afternoon.
    Not too much on the list for me today, I need to vacuum and get some lunch ready for work tomorrow. Only working tomorrow and then have Thursday and Friday at home and the Mon, Tues and Wed until the new admin gets settled. Hopefully we will get into a routine pretty quickly.
    I have had a great week off and am ready to get the year started.
    Hoping that you are all having a great afternoon.

13. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

DH and I went to the Commissary this morning. It wasn't that busy and we had no trouble checking out. They didn't have the black-eyed peas that I needed for tomorrow however. When we were leaving the mail truck was outside and had dropped off my Stitch Fix box. We got home and unloaded and put away the groceries and I opened my box. Everything was super cute so I kept it all. I just have to exchange the pants because they were a tad too big. Talked to my mom for 1 1/2 hours on the phone. She ordered our Word bracelets after we found the ones we wanted. We decided on bangles this year instead of the MyIntent bracelets. Eli wanted to watch Home Alone so we put that on.

DH cleaned the garage and I made 4 layer dessert and a cheeseball. I still need to put the top layer on the dessert, just a cool whip layer. DH and I ran to Walmart and found the black-eyed peas and picked up a couple new totes for the ornaments and a roll of bubble wrap. I feel like i'm going to have to either take a nap or make some coffee, probably both if i'm going to stay up until midnight.

14. MrsSoup

Quiet here today.... DD and I undecorated the big tree first. I used my new tote and the bubble wrap and was able to fit all the ornaments minus the breakable ones which I put in smaller boxes and individually bubble wrapped them. I was hoping to fit them into a larger tote and I still may once DH brings them in from the garage. I also bought a new small tote just for the white tree ornaments and used the bubble wrap for those as well. They fit perfectly with some room to spare for future years of the CIJ ornament swap.

Now we're watching a movie and hanging out. I hope everyone is having a safe and happy new year celebrating safely with friends and family!

Lana likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

I did everything on my to do list and am trying to have a nap. For some reason my brain will not shut off. Head is full of plans and ideas.
    It must be close to midnight for you all and you will be ringing in the new year.
    Speak soon.

teachermomof2 likes this.