Happy Planner for my recipes and as a menu planner

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
here is a video I made of how I use my HP recipe book
I'm going to add a special section for the holidays to it, maybe a Thanksgiving/Christmas section.
Also I will be adding an inventory sheet for the pantry, freezer, and baking shelf, and Holiday baking pans / and serving dishes.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Loved this

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Sold!! I have my recipe book sitting right next to me all torn apart - I'm taking a good hard look at it. It has served me well and I've LOVED it but the one thing it doesn't do well is moving recipes around. I've got a big red album with 4x6 recipes on it. Have been comparing it to my Happy Planner/Arc Planners and thinking about changing up my whole system to that because they are SO easy to move. I'd have a transfer a lot of recipes to 8x10 but thinking it might be worth it. My favorite parts about your book were the hand-made graphs in Minute 5 and your recipe pages that you shared in Minute 6. (Do you have those recipes on this site?)

Loved the creativity you added to the pages. They are very fun! Regarding the recipe page that you said you cut up and added to the planner page, was that a pre-planned page that you did in Word? It looks like it has a template in a taupe color along the side. Was that the base planner color and you glued your Allrecipes pages to that? Or did you copy and paste into it and then print the whole thing?

I'm planning on sending recipe books off with my kids when they leave home. This would be a fun way to do it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This is so pretty. i like it a lot.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I did it - I got a new Arc Notebook and transferred all my recipes to it. Wow was that book time for a cleanout. I broke it up into categories and taped the recipes in place on the large pages because they are all on 4x6 cards. I do have a lot of these already in my computer so I can print many of these out without having to type them. I created a template in Word similar to the one you showed because I really liked the page layout but want to be able to make multiple copies of the book so needed that part of the digital format.

What I found in all this was I had SO many notes -- especially on holiday recipes -- as to tweaks I have done over the years. Will be good to get this all pulled together. I'm going to start with the holiday sections and then do the rest as I have time. VERY happy about the new set up. Thanks for the post Debbi!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Debbi, love that your cat came for a visit, how cute!