Happy Saturday! 7-28-18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsSoup, Jul 28, 2018.

1. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha Friends!

2. MrsSoup

I can't believe i'm the one starting the thread today. It's before 6 a.m. here but it's almost 11 a.m. in the midwest and almost noon on the east coast. Y'all must be busy bees this morning.

I'm about to go outside and move the truck so we can start setting up for the yard sale. My friend should be here in about 20 minutes with all her stuff. I posted the sideboard/buffet that was my grandma's on the sale pages last night and i'll put it out today at the yard sale. I got some hits but nothing serious yet. I forgot to get change for today. :rolleyes: I'm not really pricing anything, it's going to be a make an offer deal, except for the big ticket items and the American Girl dolls (those jokers are expensive). Once we get set up i'll post pictures and advertise our sale on the wives pages here. I advertised yesterday without pictures and had people asking all sorts of questions. Once we get set up I think DH is going on a ride. DD is going down to friends house to help babysit the 2 year old and the boys are setting up a lemonade stand here at the sale. We'll shut down around noon and then make a haul to the Thrift Store.

I picked up most of Eli's school supplies yesterday, everything except Kleenex, Clorox wipes, and paper towels and it was $65!!! :eek: I still have two more kids to go.

Enjoy your day!

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Hello all MHHers

Everyone must be busy like Jessica says.

DD just laid down for a nap so I have a few minutes to myself. Dh was in the shower so he wasn't bothering me either but I hear him in the kitchen now. DD just came out asking for some pain med. She said thank you for the drugs. lol

I got up and sprayed some plants with round up. They were the lily of the valley's that have gone wild. I also sprayed some sedum that we took over one garden area but of course any tiny root left of that comes back. Then I took a shower to get any spray off of me.

Yesterday the shed people came. It is huge but didn't look so big on the lot when we previewed the size. I did not realize it was so high. lol We now have lots of room in the garage with DD bike in the shed. I need to dig flower beds around it, put up some trellis so cats and things can't get underneath. I want to paint the outside to match the house. Right now it is a light tan.

Thursday I went shopping. Several places which is unusual for me. Didn't find a lot for me but enjoyed myself.

Today LC22 says she might stop by afternoon. I haven't heard from her but really think she should stay home to enjoy herself. She is always going. Next week LC22's sister graduates from Air Force Basic so she will be down in Texas with all her family. I hope she enjoys her time. Her sister now realizes she was totally lacking discipline in her life. At such a young age that is monumental. Hard to believe this lady just graduated from High School two months ago.

My back is on the list with the others with back pain. I'll take it easy this afternoon. Maybe I should take some pain meds too. lol

I think I'll run to Subway for a salad. I'm craving one.

4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

Slow start to the day for me....but I guess I was busy...cleaning, prepping, washing, drying. Not sure what to do with myself today....I'm getting that feeling that I'm done being off and ready to go back to work. I miss a routine.
    I was thinking of going to the yard sales in the borough, but I don't need anyone else's junk. I just need to get rid of my own. lol

Good luck with the yard sale Jessica!
    Diedra...enjoy your salad and rest that back!

Happy Saturday!

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

busy day at work everyone wanted to come eat and shop. good for business. cleaning my room some dont have alot to do. just put some clothes away and change sheets. want to just relax. grandson comes back tonite from the beach so will get him tomo cant ait. have a good weekend

6. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Sunday here, where do the week go?
    Need to get moving in a minute and get some things done. DD and her BF are coming over for dinner and I need to get prepped for the week ahead.
    My mum is still away this week so I have a bit more time up my sleeve.

Still have not done that huge pile of folding...it has to be done today.

7. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Yard sale was okay but I would not say a huge success. We sold some things but took the majority to the Thrift Shop afterward. I sold the buffet on one of the sale sites and DH delivered it for a small fee this morning. Then I also sold my friend's recliners for her to the same women on the same sale site later in the day. We also delivered those for a fee. I listed a few other big items on the sale sites and am waiting to see if they sell. I've had some hits on some but nothing has sold yet. The bookshelf and some books are still out in the driveway so need to figure out what to do with them.

DH and I had lunch at Panda Express. I still have some cream cheese rangoon to eat and I bought a bag of fortune cookies to bring home to share with the kids. I need to go get in the shower and get ready for Paint and Sip tonight. I want to get there early.

8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Just walked to the shops to get supplies for the week, just about got blown away with the wind.
    DS vacuumed while I was out so one less thing that I have to do, grateful for the help.
    Will do an apple crumble for dessert, so will need to get that prepped in a while.
    Just jotting a few items on the shopping list while I remember.