happy tuesday 09/25/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Sep 25, 2018.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. 3 mths from today is christmas. enjoy your day

2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Greetings!

We are to have some stormy weather today. I need to go to the bank so I will go as soon as I get dressed.

Figured out why I haven't been sleeping so well. I have been drinking a lot of sweet tea. There is caffeine in tea, plus the sugar. So today, I will make decaf tea with less sugar in it.

Still doing well with the stimulator. Very little pain, unless I am on my feet for a long time. My ultimate goal is to go for walks. I miss walking. Someday...

Be safe out there if you are in the path of the storms. Do something nice for yourself today.

3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

DD is cranky this morning and is sleeping late. Yesterday she had a good day until her afternoon computer time. She started sending messages to people she doesn't know...again. So she lost her computer. Not sure if we will give it back or not. Because of her brain injury she does not understand safety on the internet. She does still have her Kindle so she isn't doing without but just not the internet. Thanks to all who have sent her messages.

Cold and rainy here. Over a 20 degree drop in temps since yesterday. Looks like fall has arrived. Time to bake things in the oven instead of the grill. Which reminds me I need to do my menu for the week.

I am missing one of my wood carving. I just noticed today it's not on any of my shelves. It is a Christmas tree so maybe it is packed away but I generally never put it away. One of the staff might have. Strange that I haven't noticed until now. I'll make a sweep under the sofa before I go looking in the Christmas items.

I'm slowly gathering items for my stepmother's Christmas gift. She told Dh she didn't want anything this year. He asked if she was sure she didn't want some chestnuts and she said that would be ok. I have her a small Japanese chestnut wood bowl and some chestnut perfume so far. I'll get home some chestnut honey and then she really liked some dried candies chestnuts we found.

Enjoy your day.

4. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Things kind of took a turn yesterday afternoon. DD got home from school and said she had a headache all day. She also said that she almost fell asleep in class and her teacher was talking to her and she didn't realize it for several minutes, he had to repeatedly say her name. Neither of those things are like DD at all. So I became a little worried about her head injury at that point. I looked up signs and symptoms of a concussion and she had a couple but not most. She wasn't nauseous or vomiting or dizzy and her vision was okay. So I decided to call the Nurse Advice Line because it was too late to make an appointment with our PCM. The nurse wanted her seen within the next 8 hours, it was 3 p.m. So I decided to take her on to Tripler ER instead of the ACC here on base, just in case they might want a CT scan, because the ACC doesn't have that capability and they don't have a great track record of not missing things. Of course, the ER was packed (full moon). We sat in the waiting room for 1 1/2 hours and then got taken back. Waited 15 minutes to see a PA who said that she didn't think she had a concussion because she didn't lose consciousness (not true-do your research lady, you're a doctor) but to keep her home from school today and watch for symptoms. She can't be on any electronics, no TV or reading and no homework. She basically can sleep or stare at the walls all day. No cognitive activity. We are to follow up with our PCM today, so i've already made that appointment for this afternoon. When the nurse came to give us the paperwork she said that DD had a mild concussion, so I guess that's the official diagnosis. We were there for about 2 1/2 hours total, which isn't too bad.

This morning I have back to back appointments in Urology for my flow test/ultrasound and then a pelvic exam. Fun, fun. I need to get a run in at some point but guess it will be this evening. I also need to get to the Commissary after I make a list. Eli is eating school lunch today but not tomorrow so I really have to go today so the kids have lunch stuff and we have dinner stuff.

Enjoy your day!

5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Jess - hope Addison feels better, I agree no cognitive activity until she gets better, that's what they do here for a concussion.

Gym, work. Wanted to go to a Qi-Qong class tonight but we have too many errands, will go another week.
    Got 2 Lindt's advent calendars (1 that ds will give to his girlfriend and one for me).

Just a normal day

Later

6. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Three months from today? Time is speeding up.

Temps dropped below freezing today. Everything was glistening and sparkling when we woke up. The roofs were frosted white, and you could see your breath when you went outside. I love it. Tomorrow is supposed to be 30 C (86 F) but at least we got a taste of what is to come.

Not much on the agenda today other than cleaning.

Have a good day everyone.

MrsSoup - Hope your daughter is doing better, and her appointment goes well.

7. MrsSoup

DS ended up staying home as well. He was halfway through his breakfast and then went and threw up.

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

jess hope your daughter feels better soon

9. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Thank you HW2!

I'm back from Urology. I did my flow test/ultrasound and pelvic exam. I forgot to bring my void/intake diary so had DD take a picture and text it to me. I was able to get a blank form and rewrite the diary. Anyway, my bladder didn't empty even though I felt like it did so they saw it still with urine when they did the ultrasound. She kept asking me if I felt empty and I said yes. Then she pushed on my bladder with the ultrasound wand and then asked again if I felt empty and I said yes. And then I asked why, is my bladder not empty and she said that it wasn't. Then the doctor did a pelvic exam but not your typical exam. I had to bear down many times like when you're pushing out a baby and she kept spouting off letters and numbers. She was taking some sort of measurements. After all that, I got dressed and she came back in and told me that I was straining when I was urinating at points (yeah when my flow slowed and I knew there was more) and she wants to send me to biofeedback to learn to relax my muscles or something. If that doesn't help then we'll talk surgical options because I do have some prolapse. Apparently my bladder is prolapsing to the front somewhat. She also said it has a curve or something that is part of the problem as well. So instead of going straight to the urethra it curves down. Anyway, we'll see, I just have to wait for the referral now.

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    It is grey and rainy here today and very Wintery. It has been so pleasant lately that we forget that it is only the very first days of Spring and that we will still get cold days.
    Grocery lists for me today. Also tidy out the fridge and pantry. I don't think we need a lot of groceries. We are having our annual Bathurst party next weekend so need to check supplies for that.
    DrillDance training tonight.

Last night DD and I went to BF house, checked mail. Started his car to keep the battery charged. Still two more weeks until they are home so will pop over a few more times.

Better go, the washer is beeping.

11. MrsSoup

Back from DD's appointment. PCM confirmed that it is definitely a concussion. She said to keep her home from school until Friday but she can go back Thursday if she's up to it. She has okayed her to read in increments and do homework from home. I emailed her teachers to request work that I can pick up, but i'm not confident that they'll respond.

I am getting ready to work on my grocery list too Katrina!

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Jess. Poor DD. I have never had a concussion but form what I have seen they are pretty uncomfortable. Hope that DD is feeling better real soon.

13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

Still hot here with hit and miss showers which, honestly, only makes it hotter because the humidity is out the roof after it rains and the heat just shots back up. I'm so ready for fall temperatures, but it looks like Louisiana has been the hottest state in the deep south the last few years. :(

Payday was today, so I just finished paying a few bills. I went and bought some groceries on sale today. I'll go again tomorrow to get other stuff that's on sale tomorrow.

DH's school had a fund raiser at a local pizza house tonight, so we ate there and he had to work an hour. I took a book to read while he worked. I have blood work in the morning, so that probably won't be good after eating pizza tonight. Oh, well...that's my real life. No need to try and fool the numbers. They need to see the good, the bad, and the ugly to get my medicines to fit my real life.

Friday will be the end of the first six weeks...30 more weeks...think I can make it???

We finally go to court Monday over the wedding DVD. I wish his lawyer would call and want to settle out of court. I have a meeting with our lawyer Thursday after school. My heart races and blood pressure goes up just thinking about it. We also have an away football game that night, which I'll probably arrive late for, and DH and I will probably have to go in separate vehicles. :( It will be hard to get up Friday morning.

Jess, take care of Addison and don't let her return too soon to activities. Make the choice that's best for you for the bladder situation.
    Katrina, the change of the season is always a fickle time. I'm ready for ours to "fickle" to fall! :p:D:)
    FS, I can't imagine getting to walk out and see frost! I'm jealous!! Boy, that will be some temperature swing frost to 86!
    Lucie, I'm going to have to look up these advent calendars. I always try to get DGSs one apiece.
    Diedra, that's a neat idea for the gift basket. I'm looking forward to long cooking meals that heat the house up, too.
    Pam, glad to hear the stimulator still seems to be working. I think anyone's back can start hurting after standing a long time, especially if they're prone to having back problems.
    Lana, glad you had a good day at the other branch. Probably interesting to change things up a bit sometimes.
    HW2, I panic when I think of Christmas being only 3 months away! EEK! I feel very unprepared this year!

Rest well, everyone.