Happy Valentines DAY 02/14/19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, Feb 14, 2019.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

Happy Valentines day to all. have a good day . off to work

2. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Happy Valentines Day Faye. I hope that you have a great day.

housewife2 likes this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Happy Valentine's day! No celebrating here as we Don't do gifts anymore. DH Always bought me flowers but since we are now Driving to work together I get to stay in the car while he gets them, so I told him no need to :rolleyes:

Drive home yesterday was still a hazard but we made it allright with lots of détours because of closed roads. i did not do one bit of work in the afternoon yesterday since ex-boss says it was 'voluntary'. He can make arrangements to give me a day off if he wants, but he doesn't seem to want to… ah well, guess I just will be too busy to go help them downstairs from now on.
    Today roads are icy and tomorrow another few inches in the air. We had 40cm (almost 16 inches) yesterday with lots of winds - blizzard conditions.

Today is the move to another desk but only late afternoon. Spanish at lunch.

Have a great day

4. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Active Member

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
    Jess, praying for you and your test today.

5. Lori K

Lori K Member

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! Looks like Mother Nature is behaving today. Roads are dry and temps heading up into the low- to mid-40s. Enjoy!

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha! Happy Valentine's Day!

Today is the day. I feel pretty good about the reading and written (selective response portion anyway) tests and we'll see what happens with the essay and mathematics. I think I can pull the essays off, the time constraint stinks but I should be okay. I won't find out my scores for 10-16 days! :eek: Talk about torture.

I realized that I haven't gotten the kids anything for Valentines Day. I've been so busy locked in the house studying. I will try to swing by somewhere and get them something after my testing. Eli is my only one left in Elementary school and his teacher didn't send anything home about doing anything in their class so we won't be sending anything in for him. First time ever that there hasn't been some type of celebration for this. Fine with me, I would rather skip this one.

I need to remember to remind the kids that I will be unavailable all day. I can't have my phone or even check it on breaks, so it will stay in the car. They will have to contact DH if they desperately need something.

Send prayers, good thoughts, light a candle, whatever you do...for me today please. I need all the extra help I can get!!! It's also storming so I hope the testing center doesn't lose power while i'm testing. haha That would just be amazing. I don't want to have to do this again if I can help it.

Enjoy your day!

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Happy Valentine's Day! I am sitting with my neighbor today. Had to dig out an umbrella from the trunk of the car, and I got to walk in the rain. It was lovely - I haven't done that for a number of years.

I think we have the flu at our house. We thought DD had a touch of food poisoning or something equally nasty - for the past several days - but DH was up all night with the same thing. And my tummy isn't feeling all that great today. Oh yuck. Dsil is spraying Lysol everywhere and cleaning everything with bleach.

My baby boy (turning 40 in a week) called last night to say he's moving back to Utah on March 1. I am beyond ecstatic - Utah is so much closer than Michigan. Things with his long-distance girlfriend must be getting serious. I don't know what he plans to do for work, but he wants to attend the hometown university.

Have a great day everyone!

8. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Must have caught what the Great Dane had! lol

sweetpumkinpye and GrammaDeb like this.
  9. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Jessica,
    You have my prayers for today.

10. MrsSoup

Deb- There is something magical about walking in the rain under an umbrella. I got to wear my rain boots this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it. hehe So sorry a bug is going through the house. Take care of yourself!!
    Diedra- Caught what the Great Dane had! Bwaaahaaahaaa, I needed that laugh this morning. Thank you for the prayers!

I was talking through some math with DH and looking over some notes and have already been overwhelmed and in tears, so i'm not studying anymore. What will be, will be. I have stressed myself out enough and prepared as much as possible. There just aren't enough hours in the day. I feel like my program mentor pushed for me to get this test done too quickly when in reality I don't think I NEED to have it done until next year. Oh well, guess i'll have plenty of time to retake any portions if need be. Hopefully it won't come to that. A friend that has taken it said that I should get a preliminary score for math and reading today. I hope so.

Off to eat something and try to destress a bit. Maybe i'll read for a bit before I have to go. Or go over formulas.

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Don't forget to check out Khan Academy for help.

MrsSoup likes this.
  12. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Hahahahahahaha

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

OMGoodness, cracked me up.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

Good morning all.
    A nice day here today, only a few more weeks until Autumn on March first. The nights are getting much cooler although last night I was hot and asked to sleep with the fan on. We have not had the air conditioning on for a week or so. I cannot remember a hotter Summer. Looking forward to Autumn which is my favourite season of the year.

A few things to do today, clean out the linen cupboard, lunch with former CW's (we have been meeting every 2 months for 7 years now) and tonight DD and BF will come over for pizza dinner. Have not seen them since our birthdays on January 30th so will be nice to catch up.
    Looking forward to the weekend where there will be some baking and cleaning going on at my place.

Jess, I am confident that you will ace the test.
    Deb, hope that the flu does not spread.

XOXO

15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!

So I have been moved, I like my desk, even have a place where I can put my coat,. Been a busy day, still mad with ex-boss but haven't seen him today. Did not get to talk to director either (they were in a meeting all day)

Got 2 roses and 3 chocolates for Valentines. Had told dh not to buy any this year but he still got some. Dh is gone to his guitar lesson. I need to do laundry as he will unplug washer-dryer for a week for the ceramic tile on the bathroom floor.

Night

16. sweetpumkinpye

Lucie, sounds like a nice day.
    I have done a little bit of tidying up, no big jobs. Have had a shower and am off to lunch with friends.
    Such a pretty day to just sit and chat.

17. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It was sunny today and in te low 70's - or upper 60's. Anyhow - pleasant!

Our Canadian friends came for the day. We took them to the historic Cuban restaurant for lunch and then we drove out to the base and gave them the $5 tour. They are lovely people so we had a nice day.

I got a box of Godiva chocolates and two chocolate bars. I have DH Kit Kats, Almond Joy and Reese's. A bread pudding is in the oven.

Jess - glad the test is over! And please don't worry about the results
    Katrina - I love the way you and your mom bake together
    Deb - hope everyone will be feeling better soon
    Lucie - think they might close work tomorrow if the weather is so bad?
    Hi Diedra, Myron's Mom and Lori

18. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening, Kids!

Not a good day. Started fine. Picked up MJ and off we went talking and laughing like we do. Went to Cracker Barrel. Ate good food. But my tummy started hurting AGAIN. But I pressed on. We went to Ollie's. In about twenty minutes, I knew something was going to happen. I started to perspire heavily. Knew it was comin. Sad thing? I didn't make it to the restroom. I have never done that in my life! I threw up. Washed my hands and face. They had the automatic hand dryer, no paper towels. Anyway, I apologized to the gentleman who had to clean it up. So, I went back to the little bench to sit. Then I checked out, (got some books, one was Sophie's Choice.) and met up with MJ. We sat in the car for an hour while I rested. Threw up again!) Took her home, and she was unloading her purchases while I was throwing up AGAIN! Came home, put on my nightie, slept for two hours! Still don't feel well. My head hurts now. And that is how my Valentine's Day went! My life is really exciting!

Hope you did well, Jess! I prayed for you last night. You are one smart cookie, and I think you are amazing!
    Everyone else, I am sorry that I don't feel well enough to do personals, but I love you all like sisters!

Going to bed for good. Hope I sleep tonight. I did drink a cup of hot tea when I woke up earlier. I will go to the store tomorrow and get some saltines and ginger ale or Sprite. I hope MJ doesn't get this. Sorry to be so whiny and personal. Good night, my friends. Hope you had a better Valentine's Day than me.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

We got up and went and had our hairs cut by DD. I filled her in on family stuff. We told DD(29) that we would sell them our second car for $500.00 They are in desperate need of a car for her DH to get around since she works so far from work. His car is constantly braking down. The car sits here and is started once or twice a week. We are paying a lot for insurance premiums for it not to go anywhere. We just have to share which is something we always manage to work out. Since DH is retired is it not so hard.

Have a good evening. I am heading to bed to read for a bit.

20. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Test is over and done! I got my preliminary score for reading and math, but after speaking with my mom she said that you really don't know anything until the official comes in because each state is different and they often will throw out certain questions based on the "norm" of how everyone does. So if a bunch of people get a certain question wrong, they will throw it out, etc. I have no doubt I passed the reading, but the math is iffy. I have no idea on the written. I feel like the essays were easy based on the topics I received, I wrote 2-3 solid paragraphs on each so I think I did okay. I won't have my official scores for 10-16 days. I'm okay with that, i'm just glad it's done and I hope that I passed everything and don't have to repeat anything. I will say that the math wasn't as hard as the practice tests and I felt like I knew how to work a good amount of problems. What I didn't know, I went to the statistical "c" answer. I didn't have time on the clock to sit trying to figure out things I had no idea how to solve.

Now the rest of the week/weekend I need to get caught up on my class so I don't get behind. I think i'm going to make a batch of brownies for the kids since I haven't had time to get them anything for Valentine's Day. I didn't get DH anything either and he hasn't given me anything, doubt he will. He did mention celebrating tonight since my test is over, but not sure what that meant.

Diedra- I googled this morning and a Khan Academy video came up and I realized that it's the same guy that does the EdReady videos that i've been watching to study. haha I recognized his voice.