Hello Wednesday Jan 15

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jampss, Jan 15, 2020 at 7:42 AM.

1. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

Hi all!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

CAE8961C-2F64-4AA7-AB0B-FAC4C52B516B.jpeg
    Sitting in waiting room at OCD therapy. I’m bored.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020 at 7:55 AM
    Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Hi jampss! I always bring a book with me anytime I go to an appointment. haha But sometimes it is too loud or busy to even concentrate on it. Do you bring a book or crossword? Knitting project?

I have the chiropractor this morning and I will swing by Schofield and pick up med refills. I may run up to the clinic and see if I can get the actual reports from my MRI's. Then, if I have time, I will run by the place near the mall to pick up my disc copy of my MRI's. I have to be home, logged in and ready to take my test by 11. I'll be glad to have that done. Send good thoughts my way if you think about it please!

I may take Eli for his haircut after school today if the wait isn't too long. He really needs it. We were back to some pain when turning the expander last night, hopefully that won't be the case this morning. His appointment is on Friday and we're both really hoping we won't have to turn it anymore.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul and jampss like this.
  4. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Good day everyone. My sinuses are acting up. Looks like another day of taking things slow and easy. My bed is made yay tho I probably will be visiting it again for a nap soon. Rainy, dreary day here. DGD & I plan on attending an online Zoom Bible study group later today. Thankful we can choose either video or audio to participate

Hi Jampss hope the therapy goes well.
    Jess praying all goes well with your test and Eli expander.

Have a good rest of the day everyone.

5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Well-Known Member

Good morning.

I was up late last night fixing overnight oats & burritos for today's dgkids' breakfast and lunch. Dsil came home from work 6 hours early, at 6 am. I wish I knew last night that he would do that - I could have let him take care of the meals. Ah well, he took them to school.

I'm sitting with neighbor today - I hope to get in several hours of crocheting while she sleeps. When I get home I'll have a late lunch, and then I have to run those errands I didn't do yesterday.

Have a nice day.

6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am attempting to upgrade my laptop to windows 10 this morning. I am a windows 7 girl and it is no longer supported. I am able to download for free but told DH if I mess things up we will need a new laptop.

I stayed up late finishing a book. I so glad I have another one here to start. We got a call from the library this morning tasting we have items on hold DH said he would go and get them. We just don’t know if it is his or mine.

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! gym, work, and I went shopping with cw at noon… got a new bikini top (tried on 12 to get 1), and a pair of yogajeans.

Later

8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello!

It is a slow day here in East Central Indiana. Cold, damp, rainy. Yuck. My bones are really hurting today, especially my right pelvic bone.

Haven't felt like doing anything today. I did take out a bag of trash. Big whoop, huh?

Had Christmas last night with DD & fam. We ate at Applebee's. Oriental chicken salad was good. I wound up eating just about all of it. Our waitress wasn't all that good about checking on us. She did on drinks, but when all I wanted was a box to take home some leftovers...no show. The kids were very generous. I got gift cards to Walmart, amc movie theaters, and Chic-Filet. Plus a bracelet, two pair of earrings, and two framed pics of the three of them on Jennifer's birthday. Plus dinner. I gave them their gifts to take home. Did not see them open them. But my wonderful DSIL sent me a thank you text. He is the best there is! I wonder if DGS liked his stuff?

I think I need to take some meds for my arthritis. Oh, my new glasses were shipped yesterday. I will be so glad to get them! Have a great evening. Today was my Kevin's b/d. I sure do miss him. Stay safe and be blessed!

9. Miss JoDee

It took 6 hours to do the windows up date. Ugh. Fortunately , I was able to do other things while in the office.
    I called my brother and asked him to check on Mom, she was sick for 2 days and it was the kind that would make her dehydrated. He went she wasn't home she was getting her hair done. Mind you she said, yesterday that she has had 0 visitors, hadn't gotten her mail for days and had only been up an hour and had only eaten toast with peanut butter. Today, she is out of the house and getting her hair done.!!!! Found out my sister is taking her to the doctor tomorrow. She said nothing to me about these plans. I think if she plays the sick card I would come up and stay with her for a while. but she won't ask. SMH, SMH, SMH.

10. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Long day here. Apts. with one of the kids, we're all sick, and DD6 is not having a great adjustment time with her new teacher.

Apparently her teacher refuses to call her by her real name, and instead uses a shortened form. DD6 spoke to her about it and asked to be called by the longer version of her name and said the teacher said. "I like it this way, so that's what it's going to be." She changed everything with her name on it at school to the shortened form. This seems a little ridiculous to me. She says the other kids are all calling her the shortened version now so she's really unhappy. DH said I should send a note to the school - that they shouldn't be able to change the name we gave her, but I'm trying not to rush into criticizing this teacher who is new and clearly trying to make a place for herself at the school.

Hoping to get to sleep early and actually sleep tonight. We're getting some snow tonight....fingers crossed it's enough to cancel school tomorrow.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    It is overcast this morning and they are predicting rain, Oh that would be lovely. We need rain to help slow these fires down and to give some relief to our poor drought affected country.
    A nice day for me today, lunch with dear friends then dinner with the kids. We are going to see Louis Theroux tonight. I do not know much about him but should be an interesting night.
    DS will be home tonight so he will make his own diner so I am off the hook for that.
    I am really tired this morning, did not sleep well, I wonder if I could go back to bed for a while?

jampss likes this.
  12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

FS, I am sorry but I would be telling the teacher that this is the name we gave our child and as such we would like that name used. I do believe that the teacher is wrong to change your daughters name especially when your daughter has asked her not to. I think a note to the teacher would not be out of line.

happy2bme, Ahorsesoul and jampss like this.
  13. Miss JoDee

FS, most teachers ask the student what name they go by if the legal name is one that can be shortened. If the previous teacher had already established her name there is no reason to change things. A note to teacher explaining that DD has always gone by her given name and you and appreciate it if she would continue to use her given name.

14. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It was sunny and warm again today - matched the record high.

DH and I went to the RV show today. Of course we have the RV but we wanted to look at what sort of products vendors have for those of us who travel. Since it got quite warm we called it a day at around 2 pm and decided to come back tomorrow as it is a two day ticket.

So tomorrow is taken care of!

FS - I agree with Katrina and Jody. The teacher should be told that your daughter can use the full version of her name if that is what she wants. This teacher seems to be a bit of an odd duck any how.
    Pam - glad that. you got such lovely Christmas presents from DD and family
    Jampss - I always carry my Kindle with me for waiting rooms, etc.
    Jess - hope everything went well schoolwise
    Jane - our caravan will be going all around New York State, ending up near NYC
    Lucie - cute pics of Xavier on FB
    Deb - glad you'll be catching up on your errands
    Tricia - hope you feel better
    Katrina - hope you get the rain you need
    Jody - they were saying that sometimes it's best to just buy a new computer. Glad you didn't have to

15. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

DS16 drove us to OCD therapy and afterwards to pick up cat litter at the store, Rural King. At this store one can pick up free popcorn at the front and walk around munching! Fun! Then DS took a shower for only one hour and ten minutes. This down from two hours recently. Our water bill!!!!! Then he took the bus and went to the college for a Spectrum of Success Meeting. Then ... took the bus to Life Coach Teen Boy Meeting. Then dad picked him up. Whew! Long day of exposures. But he's home eating dinner and watching Blue Bloods with dad.

DD27 is having a good time with her student. The student likes Harry Potter and she had a scarf I crocheted her years ago. She wore it and the student thought it was great! Today, the girl didn't have any meltdowns.

MrsSoup Yeah ... I have been known to have some crochet or coloring book. If not, read an article or Facebook on my phone. Sometimes ... I have picked up a real live magazine off their tables! LOL Old school! Today, the mag had Valentine Cookies article. DS was like ... lets make cut out heart cookies! Sooooooo, I think we'll be doing that! LOL Normally, I get to talk with one of the therapists about our week while the other speaks with DS.

girlsinmo Hey! Making your bed is a good accomplishment when feeling slightly under the weather!

GrammaDeb Overnight Oats are the best!! Yes??

Miss Joe Dee Oh my! I hope the update went smoothly. I remember thinking Windows 8 was a big deal.

luludou Are you getting ready for summer already?

Pam Oh family Christmas celebration sounded nice ... and that salad is one of my favs!

FS Oh my goodness that teacher ... :-( I believe also a note to teacher and principle is not out of line.

sweetpumpkinpye Praying for rain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

haha! jampss no... but they new stuff with all sizes are in stores now... last year didn't have any choice when I went.

Quick supper, dishwasher is going and I,ve been doing a puzzle.

Night

jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  17. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I found out this morning that my chiropractor is leaving at the end of the month, moving to Florida. :( I have been seeing him for over a year so i'm super bummed. I will switch offices when he leaves since the receptionist gave me a heads up that the owner will be back in that office and a lot of people don't like him, no bedside manner. I will go to one of the other locations. I grabbed my prescriptions and the pharmacists noted that my doctor wanted me to get some bloodwork done. I didn't have time so left, but I am curious as to what bloodwork. Wonder if it's the thyroid bloodwork I asked for? Funny if it is! I came home and went ahead and did my test early. I passed!

DH came home for lunch. I picked up Eli and took him for a haircut. Grabbed milkshakes for him and DD, left hers in the fridge and then I went back out to pick up my MRIs on disc. They included the reports so I have been googling. DS texted that he wanted to talk to me so I talked to him when I got home. He asked to see a psychiatrist again for various reasons, so we talked about that. He has to be willing to help himself and follow what they say and so far he hasn't been willing to do that. Unless he is willing to make changes then I see no reason to make the effort, we'll see what happens.

I have mild degenerative disc disease of the cervical spine and a small diffuse disc bulge with small central disc protrusion in C5/C6 and minimal central canal stenosis (this part concerns me). In my brain, I have a single punctate FLAIR and T2 hyperintense lesion in the left parietal subcortical white matter. I also have a tortuous left intracranial vertebral artery which mildly indents the left anterior medulla. A mouthful for sure! Even after googling i'm unclear if there is really anything to worry about, but i'm almost positive that the tortuous artery indenting the medulla could be responsible for all my facial twitching because it pinches the artery and restricts bloodflow. I'll talk to the neurologist about all of this on the 23rd and hopefully get some concrete answers.

jampss, luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  18. GrammaDeb

Hi. Such a day!

At neighbor's house, she woke when she heard her DH's voice. She was confused & combative, arguing & screaming, convinced it wasn't her house and they needed to go home. She was escalating to the point I was afraid to leave the two of them, but he assured me he could handle it. It was scary & depressing.

I took DH to lunch, made a quick stop at the library to pick up my reserved Rudy Day movie, and got the car smog checked and registration renewed. DD & dgs were getting into her car as we drove up. I sent dh in the house, and I got into DD's car. We went to the animal shelter and brought home a newly spayed white 9-week-old bunny - Luna Lovegood. The brown bunny - Hershey - will be neutered tomorrow and can be picked up on Friday. No babies. Dgd had a meltdown when she saw Luna - her sobbing made all the rest of us cry. She's in love. She doesn't know yet about Hershey.

I'm off to bed - can't stay awake. Sleep well.

jampss, MrsSoup and luludou like this.
  19. GrammaDeb

Wow! That was a mouthful. I hope things work out well for you.

MrsSoup likes this.