HGP 2016 Week 3, Entry/Foyer Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CheeryChick

Retire Member
Aug 16, 2011
Michigan
Cheery - could I be cheeky and ask for the pumpkin bread recipe please - every year I say we will carve a pumpkin for halloween and we never do because Im at a loss with what to do with the innards - we dont really eat soup (I do kids dont) but Im not a huge fan of pumpkin so I think bread might be the way to try it

Here's the recipe that I always use. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/6820/downeast-maine-pumpkin-bread/ It's absolutely delicious. I actually use canned pumpkin to make it, but I'm sure in the comments on that recipe you will find some people discussing how to use fresh pumpkin.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I still made zucchini bread today, but was daydreaming out pumpkin bread. I have a recipe I use, but I'll check out yours Cheery

Skippy1707

Retire Member
Sep 5, 2016
Wales
Thanks Cheery I will have a look and report back with my findings and results once Ive tried it! :)

LOL Minnie - this is where the divide comes in - I think a zucchini is called a Courgette here - but your bread sounds nice too - I see much baking in my future! Which only goes well since I have banana bread to make later today too!

I wonder what else you can put into bread.......we usually have cheese and onion bread and dried tomatoes.....

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm still working on my zucchini..lol Today I'm making zucchini patties for the first time. Fried, but they look yummy!