HGP 2017 - Garage/Storage Week!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Week Eleven, Garage/Storage Week, at the Holiday Grand Plan gets us into garage and storage areas.

The waning days of Autumn are a good time to rout out household storage areas, so we're ready to access extra tables, chairs and seasonal decorations. Cooler--but not yet cold--weather eases the job, and we'll feel good knowing that storage areas are clean and prepared for winter cold.

In holiday prep, we look ahead to the Thanksgiving meal, and see to the family's holiday clothing.

Ready? Let's get organized with Garage Week in the Holiday Grand Plan!

http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/11-garage-storage-week

HOLIDAY PREP
  • Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
  • Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
  • Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
  • Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
  • Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
  • Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
  • Review and revise menus and other plans.
  • Plan table setting
  • Plan centerpiece, make as much as possible now (or order it from florist).
  • Reserve any items needed to be borrowed or rented.
  • Get everyone's holiday clothes purchased/cleaned/pressed.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Since the garage is DH's territory, I always swap out this week on the plan! Doing focus on Downstairs Hallway and Laundry Room this week and boy do they need help after the mountain of laundry resulting from camping!

Downstairs Hallway Tasks:

[ ] Dust ceiling, lights for cobwebs
[ ] Clean fridge inside and out as needed
[ ] Sweep/Vacuum

Laundry Tasks:

[ ] Time for Affresh?
[ ] Vacuum rug
[ ] Dust ceiling corners and light
[ ] Clean behind washer/dryer
[ ] Wipe down washer/dryer
[ ] Get DH’s help with cleaning dryer filter, hoses, etc.!!! MUST DO THIS YEAR!
[ ] Clean walls, ledge, etc. in washer/dryer area
[ ] Wipe down counter top
[ ] Wipe down walls as necessary
[ ] Organize counter contents, store neatly
[ ] Clean outside of trash can, put in new bag
[ ] Sweep/Mop tile floor

Holiday Tasks:

[ ] Make at least one batch of cookies or appetizers for freezer
[ ] Buy items from Master Grocery List + extra for food drives
[ ] Continue purchasing gifts
[ ] Work on crafting gifts each day
[ ] Review and revise menu plans as needed
[ ] Review holiday clothes, plan to purchase or clean as needed

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Baked two pans of Snickerdoodle Bars last night. Will cut and freeze tonight for cookie trays. :)

Also made the dough for PB Chocolate Swirl cookies - will assemble and bake the cookies tonight before freezing!

Put in at least 1.5 hrs on fleece blanket gift project as well - hoping to finish it tonight!

Purchased several gifts online yesterday too. Will take a look over my menu plans today. I've got several items from my Master Grocery List on my shopping list for this week!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Cut and froze the bar cookies last night, will transfer to freezer bags tonight. Assembled and froze the cookie dough for the PB Swirl cookies, will bake this weekend then freeze again.

Also made dough for Chocolate Espresso Cookies and will roll those up and freeze tonight.

Grocery shopping today - will be picking up things for Thanksgiving and buying ahead on my Master Grocery Shopping list.

Did a bit more on the blanket last night - have half of a "tree" and one "moose" to finishing stitching down and then it's done!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
You are doing great AJ. I will be doing my baking in December. I enjoy baking and make about 5 different treats. DH is in bed by 5 pm or earlier so I have the evenings to do my baking. We keep things simple but festive. I will give neighbor a cookie plate but most of it will be for family. I hope to send most of it home with the kids. hmmmm maybe I should just make a plate for the girls. .

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I would like to just do my baking in December but I know myself better. I'll probably be sick the whole month! lol

Got the Espresso Snowcaps in the freezer last night! Did all the grocery shopping - Sams, Aldi and Meijer. Got several things for freezer cooking and non-perish for upcoming meals.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well, the only HGP cleaning tasks I did this past week were accidental! Was doing laundry and when I stopped by the room to check on the loads I found water all over the floor! Hose was clogged! o_O

So the tile floor in the laundry room got a good cleaning as a result!!! Even fished out the socks that had fallen between the washer/dryer - lol!