HGP 2017 - Maintenance Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Christmas is on the horizon and the season has begun with a bang: it's Maintenance Week!

Week Sixteen of the Holiday Grand Plan should see holiday preparations coming to an end--and a clean and organized home, ready for the celebration.

In holiday prep, we'll decorate the Christmas tree--and make life easy by using some of our freezer meals!

Are we having fun yet? Only minimum maintenance needed this week as we bring preparations to the finish and enjoy the holiday.

http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/16-maintenance-week

HOLIDAY PREP:
  • Plan New Year's activities
  • Decorate tree - make it a PARTY.
  • Use some of the freezer meals.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Well, being sick for 2 weeks (since Thanksgiving basically) definitely put a crimp in my Christmas this year! lol

BUT things are starting to come together!

Holiday Prep:

[X] Decorations done inside
[/] Decorations outside are 90% done - need to hook up light show projector DH bought...
[X] Gifts to ship sent out via post office today
[X] Christmas photo shoot with DS and dogs done - photos ordered and picked up
[ ] Christmas Cards - Will finish tonight and mail tomorrow
[X] Shopping for adopted family - Done! Will bring into work tomorrow
[/] Wrapping - In progress, lots left to do!
[/] Shopping for gifts - 99% done! Will pick up a final few things at Meijer during normal groc shop this week + one quick run to Dollar Store for glow sticks to go in classroom treat bags; Just remembered, need to purchase gift for DS's classroom secret santa once we get info on likes of person he was assigned...and I need to buy a RedBox gift certificate for a movie night gift basket I'm doing for a friend
[X] Pajama Elves box was "delivered" Saturday night and was a hit!
[/] Guest Bedroom prep - All is done but dusting and making the bed up with the clean sheets sitting on it
[X] Visit to Santa at the mall with photos taken - DONE!

DH also picked up birthday presents for his mom and adopted little brother - got those wrapped and hope to drop them off tomorrow!

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Inside decorations - DONE
Outside decorations - DONE
Christmas cards mailed - DONE (except for 2)
Elves have arrived as well as advent calendar has begun - DONE
Gifts wrapped - DONE
Baking - DONE
Cooking - Done and frozen as much as I can

Now it's just maintenance. Need to clear out entry closet, prep basement, reread 2016-2017 Christmas notes and see what else I can do in advance

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Awesome job, Lucie!!!

I forgot to mention that we have been doing advent calendar as well! :)

I got all but one Christmas card mailed this morning, will mail the other tomorrow.

Brought in all the adopted family gifts in my car today and will transfer to co-worker.

Dropping off birthday presents at MIL's today after work.

Will try to work on wrapping presents tonight! And I'll work on grocery lists today to make sure I have everything I need for this weekend. We are having my BIL and his girlfriend over for a big meal on Sunday.

Picked up stocking stuffers for my sister last night, she is DONE! Also grabbed a bottle of Tums for the "Some Like It Hot" spicy foods gift basket I am doing for her boyfriend as a little joke! :D

AND I went to Dollar Store yesterday and got glow sticks for classroom treat bags. Grabbed some extra gift tags and foil pans as well.

I am going to try to run to Kroger on lunch today and pick up ice cream. They have the BEST brand there called Turkey Hill - it's expensive if not on sale - just over $7 a carton - but as a special treat it can't be beat!!! I'll drop it off at home on my way back to work.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Have not gotten ice cream yet, it may have to wait until next week - don't need it until Christmas anyway.

Last of adopted family items will be dropped off today - some co-workers gave me more items that I'll be delivering.

Last Christmas card mailed this morning.

Wrapped a handful of gifts.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
One thing I'll add to my list for next year - gifts for the homeless - emergency bags.