HGP 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Does anyone have the dates for this year’s HGP? The link I have isn’t working. It’s always exciting for me to see that “go date” pop up. It means the holiday season is imminent!
I never fully complete the plan but I do so much better with it than without it getting my home organized and planning done.
Is anyone else planning on following it for 2018?

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I haven't seen anything about dates yet.
I have never strictly followed the plan but do a modified version for my home. I will start the first week in September.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Last year or the year before weren't they going to start limiting their time. I never really understood what that meant or if they were no longer up keeping the website, but I would hope at some point they might hand it over to some one else. But we'll see how it plays out. Right now I'm trying to do my own house plan for the summer to prep for the HGP as much as I can.

Reactions: Minta and Cathymac2

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Very smart, MinnieCo. I guess i’ll just use my notes from the many previous years and make my own calendars and lists.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
The Organized Home website says they are currently under construction and updating, so maybe it will be up soon. When I tried the links (there were two of them), neither one worked.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I can't even PROCESS that it's time to start thinking about the HGP again! Equal parts terror and glee here!!!

If I remember correctly, it usually starts the last Sunday in August. Which would put it as Aug 26th this year.

I have saved notes from all the plan details and schedule so that I can follow it no matter what but hoping sites will be back up soon!!!

Happy to pool our knowledge so that we can all still have our "weeks" schedule and so on. If it comes to that!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I know there are a couple of plans - does anyone have the details for our newer members and to remind me? There is the Holiday Grand Plan (starts the last week of August) and the House and Holidays Plan (also starts the last week of August) - they are both from Organized Home, right, just two different approaches? I know there was some talk last year and also the year before that I think of Cynthia retiring but I'm pretty sure she's decided to still keep the sites and plans going and is probably working on them right now. The links have been down before and then they come back up nearer to the start time.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
There are three main plans - two that start at the same time and one that comes later.

Holiday Grand Plan is the oldest - 18 weeks worth of assignments, each week focusing on a different area of the home for cleaning and also with reading material of things to think about/plan for, holiday prep tasks and at the beginning of the plan links to forms, checklists and calendars that you can choose to print out.

This plan starts with front porch and moves through the rest of the home ending up in the dining room just before Thanksgiving. The remaining weeks on the plan are maintenance for the most part and holiday prep items.

House and Holiday Plan is designed to jive with CEO's book called Houseworks. The plan starts the same time as HGP and lasts the same time but you work your way through the home cleaning and organizing in a different order. You tackle private spaces and craft organization early in the plan and then move on the more public areas of the home.

Christmas Countdown has been around a long time - This is one that many will jump to if they fall off of the other plans or will choose to do in conjunction with their chosen plan. It's more of a down and dirty approach to getting situated for the holidays. It is a six week plan - each week with it's own holiday prep list of to do's. Not sure of exactly when it "starts"

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
There are three main plans - two that start at the same time and one that comes later.

Holiday Grand Plan is the oldest - 18 weeks worth of assignments, each week focusing on a different area of the home for cleaning and also with reading material of things to think about/plan for, holiday prep tasks and at the beginning of the plan links to forms, checklists and calendars that you can choose to print out.

This plan starts with front porch and moves through the rest of the home ending up in the dining room just before Thanksgiving. The remaining weeks on the plan are maintenance for the most part and holiday prep items.

House and Holiday Plan is designed to jive with CEO's book called Houseworks. The plan starts the same time as HGP and lasts the same time but you work your way through the home cleaning and organizing in a different order. You tackle private spaces and craft organization early in the plan and then move on the more public areas of the home.

Christmas Countdown has been around a long time - This is one that many will jump to if they fall off of the other plans or will choose to do in conjunction with their chosen plan. It's more of a down and dirty approach to getting situated for the holidays. It is a six week plan - each week with it's own holiday prep list of to do's. Not sure of exactly when it "starts"
Awesome, thank you! I'm going to print this off and put it in my Christmas planner so I have it handy.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I can't even PROCESS that it's time to start thinking about the HGP again! Equal parts terror and glee here!!!

If I remember correctly, it usually starts the last Sunday in August. Which would put it as Aug 26th this year.

I have saved notes from all the plan details and schedule so that I can follow it no matter what but hoping sites will be back up soon!!!

Happy to pool our knowledge so that we can all still have our "weeks" schedule and so on. If it comes to that!

I totally agree with the terror and glee!!
I already have notes in my planner for the days leading up to thanksgiving but the in general cleaning I need to start thinking about. Hopefully since we did so so much purging and cleaning early in the year it will be easier.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Oh, laadieees... (said with excited anticipation)

The HGP site has been updated with the 2018 calandar! It starts 26 August 2018. I'm sure the HHP will be updated soon. http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/plan-calendar-2018

HHP works better for me overall. I have used elements of HGP from time to time too. And if I've procrastinated on something for the first 12 weeks, the start of Christmas Countown lets me know I've got 6 weeks left. It is a kick in the pants for me to get a move on things. That usually starts around the 3rd week in October.

Reactions: Minta and PamelaG

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I just came to post as well...yay..it's up and perfect timing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Excited to read through these and get started!!!

Cathymac2

Premiere Member
Aug 8, 2013
Arkansas
Oh, laadieees... (said with excited anticipation)

The HGP site has been updated with the 2018 calandar! It starts 26 August 2018. I'm sure the HHP will be updated soon. http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/plan-calendar-2018

HHP works better for me overall. I have used elements of HGP from time to time too. And if I've procrastinated on something for the first 12 weeks, the start of Christmas Countown lets me know I've got 6 weeks left. It is a kick in the pants for me to get a move on things. That usually starts around the 3rd week in October.

This news makes me so happy it’s ridiculous! I guess I was trying to jump the gun! Thank you for the update!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
YAY!!!! This year I am in a better place to follow these. I have been cleaning and declutter here and there and plan to spend Aug doing a 30 day declutter challenge.

Reactions: Cathymac2

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Oh, is anyone else feeling giddy about this? I have saved the link to my Christmas folder