HGP 2019 - Guest Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
CLEANING/ORGANIZING AREA: GUEST ROOM

Guest bedrooms and other bathrooms use the same procedures for master bathroom and bedroom. Clean, declutter and organize guest spaces so they are convenient to set up and use.

Take note of your area and surrounding.

Make lists of those items you need to replace.

Donate or toss what needs to be.

Be ruthless this time!

HOLIDAY PREP
  • Make one batch of Holiday Goodies.
  • Make one extra meal for freezer again labeled HOLIDAY MEAL.
  • Buy two canned food items from menus (get 2 of each item, one to use and one to donate to food drive).
  • Buy 1/8th of TO BUY gifts. Save all receipts, note return policy before buying. Ask for gift boxes.
  • Wrap and label packages. If needing to ship, get some shipping boxes now and store packages in them.
  • Work at least 1 hour a day on homemade gifts.
Decorate for Halloween:

If you decorate mainly with a fall harvest look, then a few Halloween things can make it for Halloween. After October, replace the Halloween decorations with Thanksgiving things for a minimum of work.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I swapped all my weeks around this year and am "supposed" to be working on the kitchen this week - other than reorganizing my utensil drawer I haven't done much :(

I have baked cookies and frozen for the holidays so that counts! And done a small amount of crafting...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am all over the place. I need to sit down, get myself organised and get moving again. I will never finish at this rate.