HGP 2019 - Holiday Decor

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
This week's assignment:

As I recall, we had only to find and sort those holiday decorations. This covered ALL holidays. and all things pertinent to those holidays,too. (like the red/white/blue centerpiece for the 4th, the Thanksgiving candles and wreaths, and centerpieces, etc.) I believe the idea was to group these all together in ONE box if possible to be added to the storage area (WHO HAS THE ROOM?).

This is to free up space in the house and kitchen cabinets by removing these non-essential but occasionally needed holiday items. The "storage" reminder at the end of this week's title was to give some people more time on that very difficult area in our homes. After the previous weeks of the grandplan, the storage areas are FULL of stuff that must NOW BE FACED !!! Are we going to hang onto our "junk" or clear the clutter??? Only you know yourself. so what'll it be??

You might as well check on all the other decorations while you are in the process or storing the Christmas decorations. Mark those boxes well and make a list of what you want to replace. You might still be able to find those after Christmas bargains for those types of things.

HOLIDAY PREP
  • Decorate house and yard for holidays.
  • Have a craft day for children.
  • Prepare all packages for mailing and mail this week and next. Mail all overseas cards.
  • Plan a caroling evening or other social family evenings.
  • Procure and water the Christmas tree!
  • Order turkey.
  • Are we having the company Christmas party? See checklist.
  • Read The Polar Express aloud to kids.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Decor is DONE!!!! Will take photos tonight - I finished up the main tree late last night and we took the big ladder downstairs!!!

Only possibility is that I may buy and add more lights somehow out front...we need more but I may wait until after Christmas sales :)

PJ Elves box "delivered" yesterday morning to much delight!

Advent calendar filled (halfway!) and rest of items to fill it are in my closet - I'll put them in tonight after DS goes to sleep.

Christmas photo shot of DS and the dogs taken, photos ordered and they are ready for pickup today. Just need to slip them in Christmas cards, seal envelops and mail them!

Now I'm looking ahead to this coming weekend's challenges :) Our big Christmas party is on Saturday, and I will be loading cookie tins and sealing boxes to ship on Sunday. DH got out the little folding cart I'll need for hauling everything into the post office!

I did do some cleaning this weekend as well - washed the walls in the hallway and living room. Cabinet and appliance fronts, spot cleaning inside the fridge, etc.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I did mail my cards yesterday! And I finally finished filling the second half of the Advent calendar :rolleyes:

Grabbed a couple of things needed for tonights prep session for Saturday's annual party we host...will be busy in the kitchen the few days!!!