HGP 2019 - Maintenance

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Sorry I'm so late with this - completely forgot in the hustle and bustle of last weekend!

Christmas is on the horizon and the season has begun with a bang: it's Maintenance Week at the Holiday Grand Plan!

Week Sixteen of the Holiday Grand Plan should see holiday preparations coming to an end--and a clean and organized home, ready for the celebration.

In holiday prep, we'll decorate the Christmas tree--and make life easy by using some of our freezer meals!

Are we having fun yet? Only minimum maintenance needed this week as we bring preparations to the finish and enjoy the holiday ... with the Holiday Grand Plan!

CLEANING/ORGANIZING AREA: MAINTENANCE
TO READ THIS WEEK
HOLIDAY PREP
  • Plan New Year's activities
  • Decorate tree - make it a PARTY.
  • Use some of the freezer meals.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Does anyone else get Access Denied on the Magic Minimum link?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I do, but then I'm at work right now so no surprise there, not much we can access from here.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm definitely in Maintenance Mode this week - just trying to stay afloat and not get sick!!!!

When I push myself so hard this time of year I get run down and risk catching a bug - in the past it is not uncommon for me to be so wiped out by Christmas Eve that I struggle to prepare our dinner that day and the next, etc.

I've been drinking my Airbourne and last night I did absolute minimum, lay on the couch a while then went to bed early - 8:30PM?

Tonight after work I need to launch into the final big push of the season as far as company is concerned - my sister and her BF are coming Saturday afternoon to celebrate our Christmas together and they'll be staying overnight.

I'll get started on cleaning tonight. Food prep is 99% done since we're having lasagna, cheesy garlic bread and cheesecake - all of which are coming from the freezer!

I will need to make ganache and PB buttercream to top the cheesecake.

I took the lasagna out of the freezer last night to start thawing but completely forgot to do the same with the cheesecake. Ah well.

Work party was a success yesterday - but boy was that a HUSTLE! I wore the wrong shoes, that is for sure.

Here are a couple pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49248056131/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/49247595188/in/dateposted-public/

I made some of the mini cheesecakes and the two cheeseball "trees" in the middle of the platters in the second pic - they were really good!

Reactions: luludou