HGP 207 - Holiday Decor Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Decor is central to Week Fourteen at the Holiday Grand Plan: it's Decorations Week!

The holiday season is here, so we'll bring it home this week, organizing holiday decorations and decor storage.

In holiday prep, the Christmas tree makes an appearance as we complete holiday decorating. Are gift packages ready for mailing? It's time!

Ready? Let's get organized with Decorations Week at the Holiday Grand Plan!

http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/14-holiday-decor-week

HOLIDAY PREP
  • Decorate house and yard for holidays.
  • Have a craft day for children.
  • Prepare all packages for mailing and mail this week and next. Mail all overseas cards.
  • Plan a caroling evening or other social family evenings.
  • Procure and water the Christmas tree!
  • Order turkey.
  • Are we having the company Christmas party? See checklist.
  • Read "The Polar Express" aloud to kids.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Ooooookay! I have been decorating like mad - in fact I think I went a little mad. See my thread "The Christmas tree that just wouldn't" in the Holiday Decor forum :)

As of right now I have the following decor list:

[X] Fall/Thanksgiving decor down and put away
[X] Wreaths and swags on front of house
[ ] Outside lights up
[X] Tops of kitchen cupboards decorated
[X] Large shelf in living room decorated
[X] Top of china cabinet in dining room decorated
[/] Top of long low bookshelf in hallway decorated - Need to add greenery and battery operated lights
[/] Top of high bookshelf in hallway decorated - Need to add lights
[X] DS's room decorated
[/] Master Bedroom decorated - Need to do our skinny tree and finish top of high dresser
[/] 12 ft tree decorated - need to finish ornaments and add garland, tree skirt and train around the base
[X] Big wreaths up in both large high arched windows

I also managed to clean up most of the front flower beds on Friday too - the weather was so nice I didn't need a coat!!!

Other Holiday Prep:

This is the week leading up to our annual Christmas dinner party on Saturday. Main focus will be finishing decor. I am taking Friday off for final push on cleaning and food prep tasks. But the other things I'm trying to fit it are:

[ ] Finish last few Christmas cards
[ ] Make jingle bell collars for the dogs
[ ] Stage and shoot Christmas photo with DS and the dogs
[ ] Order Christmas photos
[ ] Prepare guest bedroom for overnight guests later this month
[ ] Work on embroidering hat/scarf set for girlfriend
[ ] Work on making pinecone firestarters
[ ] Wrap gifts as possible
[ ] Bake up frozen cookie dough and freeze baked cookies

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
- Cards will be mailed this week (except 2 for which I have to wait and receive theirs to check the address)
- Lots of wrapping will happen this week
- Just put up the filled Christmas stockings
- Baking has been done
- Ham needs to be baked and cut up for sandwiches and frozen.
- DH needs to decorate outside

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I put up my Moose collection for our family photo shoot yesterday so that is done. Then Dh and I went out to some local stores. I have another moose to hang and an elf that needs a place. I had Dh stop at the thrift store to look for baskets since I want to put stepmom's gifts in a basket. This years theme for her is truffles. I have Truffle Sea Salts, Truffle oil and then some chocolate truffles. I wanted a basket that spoke to me. lol He found it under a table. It's about a waste paper basket size, tightly woven with a lid and it has handles. I thought it even looked kind of Japanese so it will be perfect since she from Japan.

I do have our prime rib in the freezer so that is done. LC21 helped me make Chocolate Covered Cherries and we put them in crystal bowls I've been collecting all year. They are now ready for gifts. DS took two of them home for his neighbor and a friend.

Next I need to get photos printed for our cards.