HGP - Celebrate Week 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/17-celebrate-week

Welcome to Week Seventeen, Celebrate Week in the Holiday Grand Plan.

Nearly there! This week, finish up any last-minute chores as we enter the height of the holiday season and prepare to celebrate.

Only minimum maintenance needed in this last Maintenance Week before Christmas.

Using freezer meals will save time on busy nights--and stockpiled holiday goodies make it easy to give and share.

http://organizedhome.com/clean-house/magic-minimum-cleaning-secret-organized-families

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Been trying to keep up on home maintenance side of things - DH has helped a lot too! Things are pretty under control I think - some laundry to finish up but nothing crazy!

Main thing is my need to finish wrapping!!! A few simple things to print off the computer to finish some gifts! One gift left to finish crafting - should only take me 15 minutes if I can just get to it!!!

We had family over on Saturday for a big meal and everything went great! Had a great time!

Spent all day yesterday making quad batch of cinnamon rolls - sent them into DH's work this morning - dropped some off a school and brought some into work. I have 3 pans in the freezer and one sitting on counter to run over to our neighbor tonight.

I also need to figure out when DS and I are going to do the gingerbread house kit I bought - I'm thinking maybe Christmas Eve day - DH is off, we'll all be home - that would be a good activity most likely.

I can't believe we are a WEEK out!!!! :eek:

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
AJ You can do this. If wrapping becomes a last minute issue bag it and put a bow on it.. Gingerbread house sounds like a fun activity for Christmas Eve. DS son will want the day to go fast so an activity will make it happen.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks, Jody! I was just thinking about gift bags yesterday actually! It may just save me! lol

I agree that the gingerbread activity will help DS pass the time on Chr Eve! He keeps himself pretty busy but still :)

Got a bunch more wrapping done last night, cooked and froze a lb of bacon for Christmas quiche. Ran to store and picked up sausage and cake flour - both needed tonight! Made a double batch of Oatmeal Choc Chip cookie dough that I will work on baking tonight.

Cleaned out the fridge, moved cream and buttermilk to the back. Both should still be good for this weekend according to Google - haha

Cleaned up the wrapping area upstairs as best I could - when I'm done DH will need to go up there and wrap my gifts. Don't want him to be met with chaos!!!!

Dropped off last big pan of cinnamon rolls at DS's after school program this morning. Brought in small gift for my boss to work today.

Unloaded the dishwasher this morning and put in a load of whites - trying to get the laundry under control.

Tonight I need to cook and shred and freeze some chicken I've had thawing in the fridge. Will be used for Chicken Pie when my sister comes. And I need to make a sausage strata for DH's work carry in on Wed. And prep things to mix up some crockpot Mac and Cheese on Wed morning to send in with him as well. Love the recipes that don't require cooking the noodles first! They are awesome!

If possible, I will be making a dbl batch of special Chocolate Chip Cookies tonight as well - at least getting the dough made. That's what the cake flour was for!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, you are truly a whirlwind. I don't believe I have ever seen a busier person.
I think that the gingerbread house on Christmas Eve sounds perfect. Don't forget to take photos. Keeping the little ones busy so we can get our chores done is one of the hardest things to achieve.

Sounds like we are all reaching the final push. Aren't we glad that we have been working towards this all year? Imagine what state we would be in otherwise!

Last edited:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am totally taking photos! I was talking to DS about doing this in the car this morning before school - handed him my phone with my Gingerbread Pinterest board pulled up so he could see examples of decorating. All I hear from backseat is "Ooooooooo" :)

I think we are ready for the final push! I know I am!!!

DH helped me last night by making the strata (under my supervision, lol) for his work potluck today. And he shaped all the cookie dough I made last night and I got it all baked, cooled and in the freezer. I got the chicken done too.

Did NOT get to the choc chip cookie dough - had to just draw the line there. It was 10PM and I was starving and at the "stick a fork in me I'm done" point.

Tonight is groc shopping and baking - committed to bringing in 2-3 desserts for my work potluck tomorrow so I have some simple things planned that won't take long when I get home. Jacked up cake mixes and a simple bar cookie recipe.

Wrapping is something I'll try to work more on, but we'll see...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have a long to do list still ahead of me and will dedicate Friday and Saturday to that. Sunday I am having DSIL over for lunch so would like to have as much done as possible by then. Christmas Eve will be a very busy day and there is not much I can do about that. Just need to make sure that I am well rested and in a good frame of mind.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I think I am caught up. All the fudge is done, crossiants are in the freezer. The last of our entertaining and holiday lunches out are finished. All gifts that needed delivered is done.
Just grocery shopping and keeping up the house work is left. I'm sure I've forgotten things but at this point I'm not going to worry about it.
Make sure you all take some time for your selves this week, you definitely deserve it!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Got 3 cakes baked last night - iced them at work today - they took WAY longer to bake then recipe said. They took an HOUR! So I was up until after 11PM dealing with that.

Got grocery shopping done. Picked up birthday present for friend's little girl - mostly clothes.

Today I ran to Meijer on lunch to get cute pencils and sticker sheets for DS's classroom party treat (since they won't take the decorated candy bars I made - boo!) - grabbed more hot cocoa mix and marshmallows to make a 3rd and final gift basket for friends.

DH works with all the husbands and I'm friends with the wives - I was going to send in pinecone firestarters to one couple I know would use them. But DH said - you know, so and so sits right next to so and so. So I did up a hot cocoa basket for them. And then this morning DH said - you know, they're going to talk to so and so - so I'll be doing a final basket tonight so they ALL get something. And I'll remember this little sticking point next year! lol

So tonight is taekwondo - then home to work on gift baskets - hot cocoa, 2 Italian baskets and DH's Smoking Good basket (Electric Smoker Cookbook, Wood Chips, assorted beef jerky, summer sausage, etc.)

And I need to wrap the birthday gift - or use a gift bag probably! Ha!

Tomorrow I am off work and after taking DS to school I'm heading home briefly to do a few quick food prep things for Sat and then off to my facial/pedicure appt.

Then home to cook and clean and then leaving to drop off gifts/food at two places - as well as picking up DS from school in the midst of said trips.

My sister and her boyfriend are coming up from Indy on Saturday to stay the night - they'll bring their 2 dogs - so we'll have a full house!

In case I don't get a chance to post again before Christmas - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am up early today. I have a few things to do and then I think I am done until Christmas Eve.
I need to pull out all the serving platters, glasses, milk jug and sugar bowl, jugs for juice etc and make sure that they are all washed and ready to go. I need to decide on a cloth for the table and check the napkins. I need to make ice and get drinks into the fridge to chill.
Lots of little things like that, so I have written a list as to not forget anything.