HGP - Entry Way/Foyer 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
It's Week 3 already!

http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/03-entry-foyer-week

This week, we tackle deep-cleaning and decluttering our entryway or foyer, to create a welcoming entrance to the home for holiday guests.

Holiday prep chores focus on baking and kitchen as we plan our baked goodies and start stocking up for holiday meals. More printable forms help our Holiday Grand Plan notebooks grow.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Time is flying! Which it always does this time of year!

This weekend I finally was able to clean all the rugs - went ahead and just did them from all rooms to save time on upcoming weeks on the plan!

I also got around to vacuuming couches in Living Room including under the cushions!

Still need to do windows in Living Room which is a big job :( That room is torn apart right now because DH is working on putting in gas fireplace which has made it difficult to work in there...

Entry Way Tasks:

[X] Dust for cobwebs
[X] Dust light fixture
[X] Wipe down inside of door
[X] Magic eraser walls as needed
[X] Move carpet back upstairs and in front of door
[X] Wash boot trays and put back by front door
[X] Clean floor vent
[X] Wipe down baseboards
[X] Put away extra shoes/jackets/etc.
[X] Vacuum

Downstairs Bathroom Tasks:

This is an extra room I squeeze in on the plan since we have the 3rd bathroom downstairs...

[ ] Dust for cobwebs
[ ] Spot clean walls as needed
[ ] Windex mirror
[ ] Clean sinks and toilet
[ ] Shine all fixtures
[ ] Vacuum
[ ] Dust panels inset into wood doors
[ ] Straighten towels stored in bathroom closet

Holiday Prep Tasks:

[ ] Make at least two freezer meals or meal components - Am running behind on this but will try to do some on the weeknights this week!
[ ] Buy extra grocery items from non-perishable part of Master Grocery List
[ ] Buy at least 1 stocking stuffer
[/] Craft - Various projects underway!

Reactions: Minta

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I did a major declutter in the foyer last month but still have a little more to do and I want to clean the stair banister.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Our Foyer is also home to my small roll top desk, which has unfortunately adopted the unofficial "I have no idea where to put this, so will just leave it here" spot. It needs a serious clean-out!

Wanting to make some changes to the menus this year so working in the binder this evening - too cold and raining for the outside project I need to complete (but great for the grass-seed!)

I defrosted both freezers before the HGP so I would be ready to start stocking holiday meals and baked goods. All ready to go!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Also picked up several items from non perishable holiday grocery list! Butter, Hershey’s kisses, cake mixes, etc.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, you are doing well.
How do you prepare your Crockpot Beef and Mushrooms? That sounds like something that my family would enjoy.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Crockpot Beef and Mushrooms is one of my FAV freezer recipes! Super, super easy! Of course, now that I read the recipe I realize I completely forgot to add the wine to the bags I just put in the freezer. AND I drained the mushrooms! UGH! I'll just make a note to add wine on cooking day - I'm such a dork!

So THANK YOU for asking about this!!!

This recipe makes 2 freezer meals, 6 servings each. It's been around for a long time and originally called for red wine. I have used apple juice with good success. If you choose to cook with wine, during the cooking process the alcohol "cooks out" leaving a distinctive, delicious, flavor behind.

Ingredients

• 4 pounds stew meat, cubed

• 4 (10.75-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup

• 4 (4-ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, with liquid

• 1 cup apple juice or red wine

• 2 (1-ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
Instructions

1. Divide the cubed stew meat and add to 2 resealable gallon-sized freezer bags. Add 2 cans of mushroom soup, 2 cans of sliced mushrooms with liquid, 1/2 cup of juice or wine and 1 packet of dry onion soup mix to each bag. Zip closed. When ready to eat, remove a bag from freezer and thaw in fridge for 24 hours. IT WILL TAKE THAT LONG!!! Cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 10 hours. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, or noodles.
Notes

If you live a low-carb lifestyle, try Crockpot Beef and Mushrooms over baked spaghetti squash or riced cauliflower!

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
AJ, thankyou for sharing. It really looks like something that we will enjoy. As there is just the 3 of us at home it will go a long way for meals.
I have printed it out and am placing in my meals to try folder.

Reactions: AuntJamelle